Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy email profile to Outlook for iOS/Android

Instead of deploying a policy to configure the native email client, we need to be able to configure the (awesome) Outlook app

579 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      47 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

THANK YOU all for your feedback. It was really helpful! The Office team is aware that this is a popular ask among our customers and they are looking into it. It may be a while before we have anything official we can announce, but I will post an update here as soon as we’re ready to do that.

By the way, there is also an O365 site – feel free to file this request on that site as well.
      https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273494-outlook-and-calendar. It never hurts to cover all the bases. Or forums.

Thanks again!!

• Add PowerShell support to manage the service

It would be nice if PowerShell was supported to manage the service.

525 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        9 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Replace Silverlight portal with HTML version

https://manage.microsoft.com requires Silverlight for regular access, and this is starting to cause an issue with Chrome and also IE

465 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          24 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are pleased to announce that Intune’s MAM features are now available in this Azure portal. This is our first step in a series of Intune service updates where over a period of time, all of Intune’s MDM and MAM features will be made available through this new admin console.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoftintune/archive/2015/11/17/enhancing-managed-mobile-productivity.aspx

(And yes, the Azure portal is HTML, not Silverlight. The move will NOT happen overnight, but this was the first phase)

• The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing)

The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing). Basically the same as in the Azure Portal. Need to track who did what and when

271 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Apple VPP device targeting, so Apple ID not required

It would be great if you could target volume purchased apps through Apple VPP directly to devices, so that you wouldn't initially need an Apple ID to sign up for the Apple VPP program.

264 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              8 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know this is something people really need. It’s in our queue. I’ll go ahead and flip it to “planned”, so you know it’s coming, but we don’t have any dates to share at this time. Watch our blog and “what’s new” topics, since those are usually the front wave of communication.
              https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/?product=microsoft-intune
              https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/deploy-use/whats-new-in-microsoft-intune
              Thanks for your support and feedback!

• Find Your Phone

At the moment, there is no way to "Find My Phone" via InTune should a user report it missing. This would also enable the user to display a message on where to return it to when found. We will shortly have over 750 Windows Phones in our estate and this would be an invaluable feature.

261 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                noted  ·  16 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Automatically deploy Intune PC Client for Azure AD joined computers

Not entirely sure if this belongs here, or in Azure AD, however....

From reading the documentation, it appears that the for Windows 10 Enterprise PCs, they can be managed automatically upon joining the Azure AD domain as mobile devices only.

For corporate issued PCs, it would aid SMBs greatly if adding the Intune PC Client can be done automatically upon joining the PC to Azure AD. This would lower IT department's involvement in issuing new devices, so that company administration could just buy (for example) a Surface Pro and hand it to a new employee, along with the Azure AD/Office…

223 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  11 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Manage BitLocker

More and more we have clients who are getting all they need from Office 365 services. They no longer need servers or Active Directory. We often see the need to deploy BitLocker to these machines, which is currently a fairly manual process. I'd like InTune Standalone to be able to deploy and manage BitLocker without Active Directory or an Enterprise Agreement. Even if we had to pay a couple extra bucks per user, it would be 100% worth it. The other supposed cloud-based full disk encryption products are not very good, so I think it's a big opportunity to make…

190 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    7 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Force device check-in

I feel like I'm unable to manage the devices properly when I can't force a device check-in. For instance, if I change a configuration I can't force the users device to check-in and tell him "Try now", instead I have to wait for the standard cycle to trigger the device and my response has to be "wait till tomorrow and see if it works, if not - tell me" and I have to do the same over again.

I would also like to have a policy to change the default cycle like most MDM's have.

179 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      9 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • lengthen the time out period on the Admin Portal in Intune

I was wondering if it is possible to lengthen the time out period on the Admin Portal in Intune? It seems to log me out very quickly.

170 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        12 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Support for Dynamic (User & Device) Groups

Providing support of dynamic groups for both users and devices. We heard a lot of feedback of customers which are looking for dynamic group support in Intune. Currently groups can be populated based on parent group inheritance or AD security groups. However this is limited to user objects only and doesn't support managed device/computer objects. Customers are looking for a more granular way to automatically populate groups to ease operational management.

167 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          noted  ·  10 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Push notification of user via sms, email or message on screen

Abitity to warn a user via a custom notification via sms, email or message on screen.

145 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            noted  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Ability to choose/configure Email client (i.e. Outlook) within mail policy

A menu that allows you to select the default mail app or the outlook client for the type of mobile device, perhaps once outlook is selected a selection of options appropriate to the application

105 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              26 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since this has a lot of moving parts we’d like to get more detail on this.
                              1) • Do you want end users to be able to access corporate email only through Outlook app on iOS/Android/Windows10?
                              2) • Do they want to block all email access from any other 3rd party or native mail clients on mobile devices?
                              3) • Once the Intune mail profile goes down to the device – do you want to block the user from creating any manual profiles?

• 102 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                14 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 100 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we hear a lot, but there are degrees of server support – just like the desktop client, or just a subset of those features. We would love to get more specific in a survey we just put up here https://microsoft.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0P65dThvhzD5ZUV. We’ll leave it up until mid January, since the holidays will have some people out of town for a few weeks. Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you!
                                  Cathy

• Geo-Fencing & Time-Fencing Feature

The ability to apply/remove policies based on location that could be Country, Subnet, or even Wifi Network. Also, apply/remove policies based on time. For instance, disabling Facebook while on working hours and enabling it back out of working hours.

94 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Android for Work Support

Android for Work Support Please!!

90 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      9 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Support for deploying App-V packages

Right now people have to use the MSI packages generated by the App-V sequencer, rather than having native handling for the .AppV package format as SCCM does. This means that people have to resort to powershell scripting, or squeezing scripts into MST transforms in order to use App-V features such as custom configuration files or connection groups.

Also the MSI packages are very unreliable since they were mainly created for test scenarios rather than live deployments - for example they fail to uninstall when an application is in use, and you have to remove the previous version manually before installing…

88 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Make "Managed Browser" a "Conditional Access" rule for accessing Azure AD App Proxy

Many companies would like to make internal websites available to personal devices. Microsoft Intune has a managed browser app. I would be great if it could be set as an "Conditional Access" rule for some of the WebApps published using the Azure AD App Proxy.

+ a "Conditional Access" that could define whether to allow "Personale (BYOD)", "Corporate", (Both - Personale + Corp.) or "Unknown"
                                        Thanks to Adrian Hyde for the idea. Let's get the vote up

This post is also related to Azure AD App Proxy post:
                                        http://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/9575541-make-managed-browser-a-conditional-access-rule

87 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          noted  ·  7 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Can we have a feature to check the logs of Intune like who logs in and tasks performed on the session.

Can we have a feature to check the logs of Intune like who logs in and tasks performed on the session?
                                          This will help the Admins like us to check if anything goes wrong. Software packages got disappeared from the Intune site.

80 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            10 comments  ·  Admin Consoles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base