Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize the "We care about your privacy" part of the Intune enrollment wizard

During the Intune Enrollment via the Company Portal app, I have customers that would like to be able to customize the part of the wizard labeled "We care about your privacy." They would like to be able to directly address the users with more information that may be specific to their company. Another option may be to include a URL to more information, such as an FAQ page. This also may be customized based on the country that the user is in, as different countries have different regulations that may need to be covered by the enrollment information.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Pass Company Portal login info to Managed Apps

I'd like to see the Company Portal pass credentials to other managed applications. For example;
      1) I login to the Company portal with my O365 account
      2) Checks for compliance and prompts to install Outlook
      3) I open Outlook and it already signs me in with my O365 account, or at the very least, selects O365 and populates my email address.

Users have been trained for YEARS to select "Exchange" so this would ease that burden. We also need users selecting O365 for effective device management.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Show installation status for REQUIRED applications on MDM managed windows devices

Show applications with REQUIRED install in own section of company portal. This so users can see their mandatory applications in addition to install state.

11 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • App deployment stuck if deployment is not directly successfull

I enrolled over 700 Iphone's last month and i noted that if the App enrollment failed during the enrollment it wont' install again. (These are all normal free App store apps). The apps failed mostly due to poor network connection/users hitting cancel during the enrollment.

If you check the company portal and the select the Company Apps you see the install button is greyed out. Please reset the greyed out install button after one day, so the user can install the app manually later. Now i have to ask them to deploy the app from the App store and wait…

10 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Update Company Portal to support device claims

Update the company portal (and other O365 apps like Onedrive for IOS) to support device claims, If you want to allow only "isregistered" (Workplace joined) devices to get a token on ADFS you cannot check for isregistered at the moment as the company portal will then fail logging in.

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Company Portal Certificate auth support

Please update the Company Portal with the new ADAL library so it will be possible to authenticate with a certificate.

If requirement is to use certificate as second factor login is not able on the company portal. For example from external netwerk this is required in many organisations.

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability to filter between Store, Web and Line-of-Business apps from Company Portal

Currently when visiting All Apps section in the Company Portal, there is no way to filter between Store, Web and Line-of-Business apps. It will be great to have a dropdown filter for these categories automatically.

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Have Company Portal recognize that it is Android For Work, instead of installing a separate instance of itself for Android For Work.

When a user downloads the Company Portal app and goes through the enrollment process, a separate Company Portal for Android For Work is then downloaded which is confusing for the user--they don't know to get out of the current app and then look for the Android For Work app and continue setup. There needs to be some notification of what to do, or the app needs to recognize that it is now Android For Work.

7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Links to Web Apps behave different in Safari than in Company Portal

We have deployed several web apps through the company portal. We have these set as featured apps (They go to internally built applications, SharePoint sites, etc). When users on an iPhone click on the link in the portal it "installs" an icon on the phone's home screen. If they open "Company Apps" or "All Apps" from the portal it redirects to Safari (which is expected). The problem is that if they click the link from within Safari it goes to the website instead of creating the shortcut.

Is it possible to change this so that when our staff click on…

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Possibility to send support logs from devices to e-mail

Microsoft: Using latest versions of the Intune Company Portal application it's not possible to send the support logs using email because the logs are powerlifted to Microsoft.

This is something which is by design and not much we can do as support.

MY ANSWER: Seriously like this? And where are the logs uploaded then? Nobody ever took care of it, nobody contacted me ever form Microsoft if I’ve reported something. So for what it is as it is? I really need serous explanation WHY it is so and how it should work, cause it’s not working. And please consider internally…

6 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • 4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

Please change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

On the https://portal.manage.microsoft.com page, it says "This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it", when you open from your PC that is not enrolled.

This is very misleading and is confusing many of our users. They think it is referring to their mobile device listed below in the blue box.

Could they say something like "The device you are viewing this page with is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't…

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Company Portal for Mac should grant privilege to privateKeys to Microsoft Apps and Safari

Please make it where Company Portal for Mac grants privileges to the privateKeys to other Office apps so that users aren't prompted to "allow access to x key".

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Ability to install managed applications during enrollment

During the Installation process it would be good to allow the user to select the managed applications that they want to install. My thoughts are that there would be an additional screen (select company managed software), where the users can select company managed apps like Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams etc.. once selected they click next, which would initiate a bulk install. It would alert the enroller to the fact that they have the option to use applications, rather than having to go to each app in the company portal and select Install, which if you want to install 10 apps…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Change how company portal indicate the current device

I can now see there is a small checkmark icon indicating the current device in the list. I missed that at first.

But usability can be improved. We have 40 DEM-enrolled devices and the horizontal list only shows one device at a time.

Please show more items in the list and either sort them so the current device is at the top or display it separately.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Improve Company Portal Messages / Notifications for Android MAM Devices

Confusing Company Portal Messages for Android Devices with MAM:-

Since we’re only deploying MAM polices and don’t require users to enroll their device (MDM) in Intune, some users have found the messages in Company Portal confusing (examples attached).

Specifically the message saying that you can’t access company data unless you enroll your device which isn’t accurate. This has resulted in a number of users enrolling their device in Intune.

Please improve the notifications and messages in the Company Portal for Android devices that only require MAM or add some additional configuration options to either modify/disable the messages

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Prohibit removal of the My Company Portal Mobile App for supervised devices or remove all company data when the application is deleted.

Prohibit removal of the My Company Portal Mobile App for supervised devices or remove all company data when the application is deleted.

If an employee deletes the app from their device, we want to ensure that the management profile along with corporate data (email, calendar, contacts) is removed.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Redirect "Change password" to custom self-service password portal from other providers

We use a portal from SMS Passcode for two-factor authentication and self service password reset. We would like our users to be automatically redirected to the web portal for our Password reset solution when they click "Change password" in Company Portal.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • be able to upload RDP icons to the company portal instead of just .exe files

at the moment admins can only upload .exe files.
                                        we would like to be able to upload a pre-configured RDP icon so that we dont have to log in and set each individual account up with RDP.
                                        it would make rolling out the product a lot easier if users could just log in and download their required RDP icon

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Service Manager type Functionality

For those of use without on premise System Center installations, adding helpdesk/ITIL/Service Manager type functionality would be a huge help. Right now we have to rely on a 3rd party helpdesk solution and try to maintain asset/inventory information across both Intune and the other system.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base