Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change font in Outlook for iOS and Android

Required in order to change to our house styles.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joe, before Intune could manage something like this, Outlook would have to permit an MDM system to manage fonts. I checked, and they don’t. If you go to https://outlook.uservoice.com/, you can submit a suggestion to that team to make it something that could be set via policy, and then if they do that, Intune could set it, either in the UI or using an OMA-URI. Most Outlook-related requests would need work on both sides.

If you file that, come back here and past the Outlook request URL, so anyone who wants to vote this one up would know to go vote that one up, too.

2. ADAL Library doesn't allow a device Re direct to Organizational Sign in automatically. Only password authentication

When it opens jamfAAD app it correctly shows the Azure Active Directory ID but it defaults to a password page.
    Our goal is for it to use the certificate by default removing the need to even click or type since the user certificate is already deployed to all computers.

If i say to use another account then put my ID in again.

Then it goes to the "Taking you to your organization's sign-in page and can authenticate with the certificate.

This is the response i got:
    Currently we do not have a way to utilize the ADAL library to get…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Company Portal App is too slow to load

The current iOS app takes a considerable time (20-30 seconds) to load. Although it doesn't cause any loss of functionality the end user experience is that it is slow.
    As a company we want to drive employees to this app to download trusted apps only and currently the load timing is limiting.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to require approval before the installation of an application in Intune (Company Portal). Users request the application in the Compa

Ability to require approval before the installation of an application in Intune (Company Portal). Users request the application in the Company Portal , and then you review the request in the Intune console. You can approve or deny the request. This feature already exists in CM CB https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/apps/deploy-use/app-approval

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please Add screenshots on comp portal app store,app-catalogue.

Hello Microsoft

We migrated to Intune recently and we noticed a glaring omission on the app store. We can not have screen shots added in the app catalog besides the icon and description of the app. Playstore has this, Apple app store has this, other MDM solution has this! Please bring this feature, it would be a great add-on in terms of customer experience

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Web based application portal doesn't start in fullscreen

Safari has an API to open web pages in fullscreen, the web based application portal does not open in fullscreen which looks really bad for our users when they have to see the URL. Please change this for a more seamless experience.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate Azure AD Application Access, Azure RemoteApps, Azure AD Proxy Apps into Company Portal

Right now there are too many places to find apps in the Microsoft set of solutions. For mobile users, they should see the native apps, Azure AD Application Access (i.e. cloud-based) apps, Azure RemoteApps, Azure AD Proxy apps, Remote Desktop Services RemoteApps, and so forth in the single experience. Users should not need to open five different things to find their apps when working on a mobile device.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Applications already installed listed in Company Apps

If I already installed an application from Company Apps it still displays there. Instead it should redirect to the application or not be listed if it's installed on the device.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need complete support for Application Deployment,Updation and Uninstall of (Win32/exe) apps

While it is really great to see that Intune is currently offering a way to install and uninstall win32 apps, but it doesn't provide the necessary features to stay completely in cloud.

Background: We are a Company with cloud only infrastructure currently utilizing office 365 and EMS(Intune). While intune continues to improve features but it is really hard to manage devices without proper application management like sccm software center in traditional environment.

Requirement: It would be really great if Intune can provide full capability to

1. Deploy Win32/exe applications(Currently available)

2. Remove Win32/exe applications(Currently available)

3. Update Win32/exe applications - Required - Very…
    21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Company Portal app - Integration between SCCM w/CMG, Intune and MSFB for available Apps

Create integration for Apps in company portal can be published through SCCM with CMG co-mgt, InTune or MSFB. This would allow one app as the front end to multiple technology back-ends (all Microsoft) providing a path to move workflows platforms to Azure without end user impact, while empower IT to implement these features and embrace cloud technologies.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Intune - Company Portal (mobile enrolling) keeps signing out accounts

Logging the user from the app stays for some time and when you try to open the app you need to put the password again - probably after an update of the app.

Is there a way to keep the account always signed in?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Microsoft Certified Trainers(MCT) should have easier access to Intune while teaching classess that demo Intune

I was asked by Intune support to post here. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer that teaches the 20697-2 Windows 10 course. That course has a lot of Intune content. The course calls for teaching Azure, Office 365 and Intune. There is more Intune material in the course than any of the other cloud topics. As an MCT it is pretty easy to get access to Azure and Office 365, but VERY difficult to get access to Intune without having to go through support. And even after getting access, it is only for 30 days. Which means that when I…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, I totally hear you. I was an MCT before I came here, back in the old days of newsgroups – maybe we ran into each other in the virtual cafe. I’ve had conversations with the training group, and with the engineering group about the overall difficulty of labbing in the cloud environment. It’s not just the subscriptions, though that definitely a pain point. It’s also being able to reset to a clean environment without having to build it all from scratch every time. I don’t have anything to report, but know that I bring it up every chance I get.

13. Simpliy enrollment process - provide better user experience

It would be great if we can reduce the steps necessary for enrollment in Intune somehow. Having all this user interaction is not good. Instead of having to confirm various user dialogs it would be great if a user can trigger the enrollment process - e.g. by specifying username and password - and the devices enrolls without a need for the user to confirm anything else.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enrollment is a process that varies widely among platforms and enrollment methods. This suggestion is pretty vague, so I doubt we’d ever be able to call it “complete” – I’d encourage you to spin up more specific feedback on particular elements and move your votes to those. However, I did want to let you know that with the updates we’re releasing the week of Nov 6, we now have:

New enrollment status page for Windows 10 enrollments
    You can now configure a greeting that appears when your users enroll Windows 10 devices. Use the Enrollment Status Screen to configure a custom message and a hyperlink to be displayed to your end users when they enroll their Windows 10 devices. The Enrollment Status Screen will also give end users a view into the progress of policy settings that are being applied to their device.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new

Hopefully you can make the experience…

14. Integrate access to portal in Office 365 Apps menu.

When you click in the Office 365 menu box (Top Left) it would be great to have the Intune Company portal as an option.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need clarification :-)

First: Are you saying when you click the “waffle” icon in the upper left corner of an O365 app like Mail, Calendar, etc that you would want to see Company Portal listed along with all the other apps? (and yes, we really call it the waffle here.)

Second:
    We have some Intune features built into O365, without you even needing to buy Intune. Let’s call this “Intune Lite” even though we don’t really call it that.
    We also have a “better together” story with )365 and an Intune subscription. Let’s call that “Intune Full”.
    Intune Lite can’t deploy apps – you need Intune Full for that.
    Since the Company Portal is primarily for distributing company apps, would you want it listed if you have only Intune Lite? Or would you want it only if you have Intune Full?

Please keep the comments coming!

15. Device Enrollment Manager device are asking for MFA to be setup

Company Portal keeps asking for MFA to be established on iPads enrolled with Device Enrollment Manager. These are user less devices. We don't need MFA on DEM accounts, which could trigger hundreds of devices to prompt for approvals due to the shared account nature of DEM. This is a recent change and used to not occur.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make configuration visible in company portal app on device

Please add a section to company portal to look into the currently applied configuration. Since the console is mostly outdated or needs very long time to get the actual status it would be very helpful to have the information directly on the device which 1) device configuration 2) MAM configuration 3)... is applied on the device

on iOS some configurations are visible in the Device Settings, but having it on all Platforms available in Company Portal would be more consistent.

also a function could be added to remove, add, reapply those configurations on the device for troubleshooting.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customize the "We care about your privacy" part of the Intune enrollment wizard

During the Intune Enrollment via the Company Portal app, I have customers that would like to be able to customize the part of the wizard labeled "We care about your privacy." They would like to be able to directly address the users with more information that may be specific to their company. Another option may be to include a URL to more information, such as an FAQ page. This also may be customized based on the country that the user is in, as different countries have different regulations that may need to be covered by the enrollment information.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow company web portal for supervised ios devices

Allow users with iOS supervised devices to use the self service features of the Web Company Portal, to be able to remove their pincode, rename their device, put their device in lost mode and wipe company data.

These options used to be in the Web Company Portal up till Juli 2018, but for unknown reason have been removed.

It's certainly not on behalf of Apple and the DEP program.

This removal has caused an considerable increase in our support costs as users are no longer able to 'reset' their passcode on their iOS device and now must log a ticket…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pass Company Portal login info to Managed Apps

I'd like to see the Company Portal pass credentials to other managed applications. For example;
    1) I login to the Company portal with my O365 account
    2) Checks for compliance and prompts to install Outlook
    3) I open Outlook and it already signs me in with my O365 account, or at the very least, selects O365 and populates my email address.

Users have been trained for YEARS to select "Exchange" so this would ease that burden. We also need users selecting O365 for effective device management.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base