Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simpliy enrollment process - provide better user experience

It would be great if we can reduce the steps necessary for enrollment in Intune somehow. Having all this user interaction is not good. Instead of having to confirm various user dialogs it would be great if a user can trigger the enrollment process - e.g. by specifying username and password - and the devices enrolls without a need for the user to confirm anything else.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enrollment is a process that varies widely among platforms and enrollment methods. This suggestion is pretty vague, so I doubt we’d ever be able to call it “complete” – I’d encourage you to spin up more specific feedback on particular elements and move your votes to those. However, I did want to let you know that with the updates we’re releasing the week of Nov 6, we now have:

New enrollment status page for Windows 10 enrollments
    You can now configure a greeting that appears when your users enroll Windows 10 devices. Use the Enrollment Status Screen to configure a custom message and a hyperlink to be displayed to your end users when they enroll their Windows 10 devices. The Enrollment Status Screen will also give end users a view into the progress of policy settings that are being applied to their device.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new

Hopefully you can make the experience…

2. Show installation status for REQUIRED applications on MDM managed windows devices

Show applications with REQUIRED install in own section of company portal. This so users can see their mandatory applications in addition to install state.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Certified Trainers(MCT) should have easier access to Intune while teaching classess that demo Intune

I was asked by Intune support to post here. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer that teaches the 20697-2 Windows 10 course. That course has a lot of Intune content. The course calls for teaching Azure, Office 365 and Intune. There is more Intune material in the course than any of the other cloud topics. As an MCT it is pretty easy to get access to Azure and Office 365, but VERY difficult to get access to Intune without having to go through support. And even after getting access, it is only for 30 days. Which means that when I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, I totally hear you. I was an MCT before I came here, back in the old days of newsgroups – maybe we ran into each other in the virtual cafe. I’ve had conversations with the training group, and with the engineering group about the overall difficulty of labbing in the cloud environment. It’s not just the subscriptions, though that definitely a pain point. It’s also being able to reset to a clean environment without having to build it all from scratch every time. I don’t have anything to report, but know that I bring it up every chance I get.

4. Customize the "We care about your privacy" part of the Intune enrollment wizard

During the Intune Enrollment via the Company Portal app, I have customers that would like to be able to customize the part of the wizard labeled "We care about your privacy." They would like to be able to directly address the users with more information that may be specific to their company. Another option may be to include a URL to more information, such as an FAQ page. This also may be customized based on the country that the user is in, as different countries have different regulations that may need to be covered by the enrollment information.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pass Company Portal login info to Managed Apps

I'd like to see the Company Portal pass credentials to other managed applications. For example;
    1) I login to the Company portal with my O365 account
    2) Checks for compliance and prompts to install Outlook
    3) I open Outlook and it already signs me in with my O365 account, or at the very least, selects O365 and populates my email address.

Users have been trained for YEARS to select "Exchange" so this would ease that burden. We also need users selecting O365 for effective device management.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update Company Portal to support device claims

Update the company portal (and other O365 apps like Onedrive for IOS) to support device claims, If you want to allow only "isregistered" (Workplace joined) devices to get a token on ADFS you cannot check for isregistered at the moment as the company portal will then fail logging in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to filter between Store, Web and Line-of-Business apps from Company Portal

Currently when visiting All Apps section in the Company Portal, there is no way to filter between Store, Web and Line-of-Business apps. It will be great to have a dropdown filter for these categories automatically.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have Company Portal recognize that it is Android For Work, instead of installing a separate instance of itself for Android For Work.

When a user downloads the Company Portal app and goes through the enrollment process, a separate Company Portal for Android For Work is then downloaded which is confusing for the user--they don't know to get out of the current app and then look for the Android For Work app and continue setup. There needs to be some notification of what to do, or the app needs to recognize that it is now Android For Work.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Links to Web Apps behave different in Safari than in Company Portal

We have deployed several web apps through the company portal. We have these set as featured apps (They go to internally built applications, SharePoint sites, etc). When users on an iPhone click on the link in the portal it "installs" an icon on the phone's home screen. If they open "Company Apps" or "All Apps" from the portal it redirects to Safari (which is expected). The problem is that if they click the link from within Safari it goes to the website instead of creating the shortcut.

Is it possible to change this so that when our staff click on…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change font in Outlook for iOS and Android

Required in order to change to our house styles.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Joe, before Intune could manage something like this, Outlook would have to permit an MDM system to manage fonts. I checked, and they don’t. If you go to https://outlook.uservoice.com/, you can submit a suggestion to that team to make it something that could be set via policy, and then if they do that, Intune could set it, either in the UI or using an OMA-URI. Most Outlook-related requests would need work on both sides.

If you file that, come back here and past the Outlook request URL, so anyone who wants to vote this one up would know to go vote that one up, too.

11. Company Portal Certificate auth support

Please update the Company Portal with the new ADAL library so it will be possible to authenticate with a certificate.

If requirement is to use certificate as second factor login is not able on the company portal. For example from external netwerk this is required in many organisations.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to send support logs from devices to e-mail

Microsoft: Using latest versions of the Intune Company Portal application it's not possible to send the support logs using email because the logs are powerlifted to Microsoft.

This is something which is by design and not much we can do as support.

MY ANSWER: Seriously like this? And where are the logs uploaded then? Nobody ever took care of it, nobody contacted me ever form Microsoft if I’ve reported something. So for what it is as it is? I really need serous explanation WHY it is so and how it should work, cause it’s not working. And please consider internally…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to View Required Apps

Ability to View Required Apps details in Company Portal App so that user is aware about apps being deployed via MDM. Currently required apss are automatically pushed to users device and user may be confused how did that got installed. Also uninstalling the app by user will reinstall it again as it is Required app, so segregating the apps installed via company portal like into a folder group will help user to identify them easily.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Android for work in China

Hello Team,

Currently we are using the afw for activating the android devices.

please help us and provide the solution how we can deploy the same for china users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow company web portal for supervised ios devices

Allow users with iOS supervised devices to use the self service features of the Web Company Portal, to be able to remove their pincode, rename their device, put their device in lost mode and wipe company data.

These options used to be in the Web Company Portal up till Juli 2018, but for unknown reason have been removed.

It's certainly not on behalf of Apple and the DEP program.

This removal has caused an considerable increase in our support costs as users are no longer able to 'reset' their passcode on their iOS device and now must log a ticket…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

Please change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

On the https://portal.manage.microsoft.com page, it says "This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it", when you open from your PC that is not enrolled.

This is very misleading and is confusing many of our users. They think it is referring to their mobile device listed below in the blue box.

Could they say something like "The device you are viewing this page with is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide ability to disable access to OneDrive on the Web.

Provide the ability to disable access to OneDrive on the Web, similar to the ability to enable/disable Outlook on the Web. This will prevent users from accessing OneDrive for Business from home or personal computers. Access from managed devices and work computers would not be interrupted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Company Portal for Mac should grant privilege to privateKeys to Microsoft Apps and Safari

Please make it where Company Portal for Mac grants privileges to the privateKeys to other Office apps so that users aren't prompted to "allow access to x key".

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Force install of Intune Company Portal nn Mobiles using Microsoft products which are signed in with a work account

If there is a company with for example 400 users using personal mobile phones and they have are all using Outlook (or other Microsoft products) and are already signed in with a work account there is no way currently to force them to download and install the company portal so the apps can be managed with MAM polices.

If users are currently using Microsoft products which are signed in with a work account there should be an option to force the user to install the Company portal before they can continue using the app.

The engineering team have confirmed this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base