Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customizing Company Portal title

As part of the Branding and customization, could you please include the option to change the App title (from the default Company Portal, to something else) and that will be displayed on the Windows Start page.
    Being able to customize the entry to the portal with our own terminology will significantly enhance the user experience.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prohibit removal of the My Company Portal Mobile App for supervised devices or remove all company data when the application is deleted.

Prohibit removal of the My Company Portal Mobile App for supervised devices or remove all company data when the application is deleted.

If an employee deletes the app from their device, we want to ensure that the management profile along with corporate data (email, calendar, contacts) is removed.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

Please change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

On the https://portal.manage.microsoft.com page, it says "This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it", when you open from your PC that is not enrolled.

This is very misleading and is confusing many of our users. They think it is referring to their mobile device listed below in the blue box.

Could they say something like "The device you are viewing this page with is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TCS Company Portal installation failure

While installing TCS Company portal my profile is not getting installed and is failing with "Could not download the identity profile from the encrypted profile service. The credentials within the device enrolment profile may have expired."

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Company Portal for Mac should grant privilege to privateKeys to Microsoft Apps and Safari

Please make it where Company Portal for Mac grants privileges to the privateKeys to other Office apps so that users aren't prompted to "allow access to x key".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add more logging detail for "rooted phones"

I recently opened a case with support on this issue.
    My Samsung Note 20 Ultra is being blocked from accessing applications because InTune believes the device is rooted. I presented ample evidence that my phone is not rooted. I bought it new at the end of 2020 and it has never been rooted. Unfortunately, the logs given to support do not provide enough information to understand why Intune believes the phone is rooted. The only option left for me is to completely reset my phone. Years ago this might not have been a big deal--but now I have several applications…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is there a way that I can get Microsoft Intune to stop automatic downloads?

I won't shut down my laptop, just sleep it for a while, usually by closing the lid. I'll leave tabs open, naturally, because I plan to go back on within the hour. The problem is, almost every time I open my laptop, I have to log in and my tabs are gone. Lo and behold, a window in the bottom right hand corner will tell me Microsoft Intune restarted my device. I am seriously tired of these useless updates, especially because Intune restarts my device practically twice a day. (How many updates do I need? Seriously!) Anyway, unless I'm sitting…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ellie,
    I’m sorry you’re frustrated. As a user of a school-issued computer, there’s nothing you can do. Your administrator has decided that you need Intune to keep your computer updated. Your administrator has some control over which updates go out and when, but it’s important for administrators to reduce risk to the school network by keeping all computers as well-patched as possible. If not, well, think about some of the unsafe computing behavior your classmates may be doing, and imagine that infecting all the rest of the computers – yours, your instructors, your IT staff.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. When I introduce myself to other people at Microsoft, I usually say something like “You know that product that gives you those annoying messages and reboots your computer at the worst possible time? Yeah, that’s my product.” But in the end, it’s a “safety first” thing.

8. InTune Company Portal Causing iPhone 7 to heat up?

Seems like when I am on WiFi my company managed iPhone is constantly heating up, there are other users here who also notice it as well and seems to be directly linked to the company portal, removed it and no issues. Its starting to drive me crazy. Is it just data collection that is causing this?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide ability to disable access to OneDrive on the Web.

Provide the ability to disable access to OneDrive on the Web, similar to the ability to enable/disable Outlook on the Web. This will prevent users from accessing OneDrive for Business from home or personal computers. Access from managed devices and work computers would not be interrupted.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hide categories for users on certain conditions

Right now, if you create categories they are visible for all users in the tenant and it's required to pick one when a user enrolls a device.

We need to have the ability to hide categories for certain groups of users or devices.

For example: I want users to who enroll a fully managed device to pick a category (for example their department or the location where the device will be used), but I do not want a user to pick a category when they enroll a Windows 10 device.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. User-less device apps as available (iOS/Android)

It would be great to see devices having their own Portal-app where we can publish apps as available instead of required.

This is already possible in other MDM-solutions such as MobileIron.

The scenario:
    You have 1000 devices; where there is a mixture between personal and non-personal (user-less devices) through DEP/AFW#Setup.
    As personal devices this is possible, they will be published in Managed Google Play on Android. On iOS devices you will see them in Microsoft Company Portal app.

But what about the user-less devices, where we have "iPad" x 500, some are named and some are not.

It's simply not…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Service Manager type Functionality

For those of use without on premise System Center installations, adding helpdesk/ITIL/Service Manager type functionality would be a huge help. Right now we have to rely on a 3rd party helpdesk solution and try to maintain asset/inventory information across both Intune and the other system.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Redesign and rewrite Intune company portal mobile apps

current Intune mobile apps doesn't serve the purpose.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability to be able to comment on configuration policies and profiles

In MEM would be great to have the ability to configure a profile or policies and add a comment, thereafter be able to view the comments via a link next to the settings

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change how company portal indicate the current device

I can now see there is a small checkmark icon indicating the current device in the list. I missed that at first.

But usability can be improved. We have 40 DEM-enrolled devices and the horizontal list only shows one device at a time.

Please show more items in the list and either sort them so the current device is at the top or display it separately.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically generate an app password and add it to the email profile on initial setup of mobile devices

As things stand now, our mobile device users have to sign into the Company Portal app and walk through the entire process of installing the management profile, confirming device settings, etc. During this process their email profile is set up on the device, but if MFA is enabled for their account, they have to leave the company portal, sign into Office 365, create an app password, and then enter it in the phone's email settings. This is a needless level of complexity.
    1. Manual creation of app passwords should be possible from the Company Portal app since it's a basic…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. be able to upload RDP icons to the company portal instead of just .exe files

at the moment admins can only upload .exe files.
    we would like to be able to upload a pre-configured RDP icon so that we dont have to log in and set each individual account up with RDP.
    it would make rolling out the product a lot easier if users could just log in and download their required RDP icon

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Indicating minimum licensing requirements next to a feature while configuring an Intune policy

It would be useful to add some sort of "license" button in the "i" bubble next to a policy option to explicitly tell the minimum licensing requirements to use the feature.

i.e.: [Click i] > "Requirement" button > This feature requires one of the following license:

-Microsoft 365 Premium
    -Microsoft E3
    -Azure AD Premium P1
    -Enterprise Mobility + Security E3

I personally find that I have to dig into the documentation often just to make sure I can use a feature with the license I have on hand because sometimes it's ambiguous what is covered by which license. By explicitly…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. company portal

Configure Company Portal to be your only "managed installer" for easy use with Applocker and WDAC. The applications available in Company Portal are the only ones allowed to be installed on the system.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base