Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to publish the Company Portal

Please give an option to publish the Company Portal to the users as a Required application. It is a catch 22 to get users to install the applications. I would prefer to write directions for users to run the company portal, rather than having them go to the play store, install the company portal, then run the company portal, then they can install applications. One of these applications IS the company portal which makes publishing the company portal in any way redundant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make UI consistent across all company Portal platforms

Consistency of UI across platforms:
    • Android and iOS Company portal have completely different look per platform.
    o Branding configuration shows up differently on Android & iOS
    o iOS version shows Apps, Featured, Devices, and Contact info on a single page
    o Android version has multiple tabs for each item
    o No option to Sign out of app on Android version
    o If we sign out of the Company Portal on an iPhone, We have to manually re-enter my UPN/credentials to sign back in, however on an iPad it saves my account information and allows me to just tap on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Company Portal app - Integration between SCCM w/CMG, Intune and MSFB for available Apps

Create integration for Apps in company portal can be published through SCCM with CMG co-mgt, InTune or MSFB. This would allow one app as the front end to multiple technology back-ends (all Microsoft) providing a path to move workflows platforms to Azure without end user impact, while empower IT to implement these features and embrace cloud technologies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PIN for access to the company portal

I would like you to enter a PIN to access the Company Portal, just as we could put in the applications that are managed by it. Without PIN, if a user has more than one device registered and loses one, whoever finds it and is malicious, can perform a WIPE on the other devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is there a way that I can get Microsoft Intune to stop automatic downloads?

I won't shut down my laptop, just sleep it for a while, usually by closing the lid. I'll leave tabs open, naturally, because I plan to go back on within the hour. The problem is, almost every time I open my laptop, I have to log in and my tabs are gone. Lo and behold, a window in the bottom right hand corner will tell me Microsoft Intune restarted my device. I am seriously tired of these useless updates, especially because Intune restarts my device practically twice a day. (How many updates do I need? Seriously!) Anyway, unless I'm sitting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ellie,
    I’m sorry you’re frustrated. As a user of a school-issued computer, there’s nothing you can do. Your administrator has decided that you need Intune to keep your computer updated. Your administrator has some control over which updates go out and when, but it’s important for administrators to reduce risk to the school network by keeping all computers as well-patched as possible. If not, well, think about some of the unsafe computing behavior your classmates may be doing, and imagine that infecting all the rest of the computers – yours, your instructors, your IT staff.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. When I introduce myself to other people at Microsoft, I usually say something like “You know that product that gives you those annoying messages and reboots your computer at the worst possible time? Yeah, that’s my product.” But in the end, it’s a “safety first” thing.

6. Add Tutorials and guidance information

Add the ability for video tutorials/guidance for self service into the company portal app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. icon not appearing correctly

I installed the latest version of Company Portal for iOS today (v 3.9.0)

When you login the featured apps and recently published apps are now shown immediately.

The issue is the LOB application icon is not displayed correctly in this screen or the 'Get this App' screen. The line around the border at the corners is not displayed.

However when you click the Get this app button and it goes into the portal the app icon is displayed fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An overall feedback experience

This is overall feedback from someone who has one job (corporate) and another (one man business). I have had issues with exchange email in both environments. Corporate issue involved losing pst files and it took months to partially restore and my own took an entire month of no email to resolve.

Both cases reflect over complication of the service so that extensive training is needed to allow functionality. My one man personal business issue was that the new office 365 interface has issues that were known to Microsoft and were not acknowledged for an entire month of my reporting issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open mail with pre-filled recipient

When clicking "Requesting assistance" in the Company Portal App (at iOS 10) and choosing "Mail" the mail app opens with subject "Requesting Assistance" and the comment in the body "This mail can be sent to ... <IT department mail address>", but no recipient is pre-configured ("To" is empty). Therefore, the user has to copy the mail address from the mail body to the to-line. :-( (not knowing if this is a limitation coming from iOS ...)

It would be great if you can pre-fill the to-line with the mail address directly. :-)

This would make more sense and makes live…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It used to be that way, but changed it based on feedback that people weren’t always sending it to that address. I’ll leave this as “noted” and if there was a HUGE swell of support for this, they might consider changing it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath (or votes) on it changing back.

10. Issue :- Need to manage company portal application update on managed devices

We want to manage update of company portal application of devices which is enrolled in intune, so that every users have similar app version.

Please let us know if anyone have idea about this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Go to Install App Screen from home page in Company Portal

I have installed the latest version of the Company Portal for iOS v3.9.0 today and I recommend making a change.

I like the way it now shows Featured Apps and Recently Published in the home screen.

However when clicking on the LOB app it takes me to another screen that shows the app and a button the says 'Get this App'

If I click Get this app it shows me exactly the same information as in the Get this App screen.

Instead of this, from the home screen if I click the lob application icon can it take me straight…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Prepopulate login with .onmicrosoft.com - or at least provide a dropdown field.

I think it is a waste for users to have to type .onmicrosoft.com for each enrollment. Providing that as default, or at least a drop down would be great when enrolling thousands of users across the globe.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tom, I’m not exactly sure when you’re wanting this to come in.

During the enrollment, you should have configured the CNAME to point to manage.microsoft.com, so users don’t have to type the server name.

Then for logon, many (most?) customers have set up “single sign on” so the users aren’t logging in with their “onmicrosoft.com” ids, they’re logging in with either their O365/Azure Active Directory ID, or their domain account and password if you have onprem Active Directory and have configured directory synchronization.

We also have “bulk enrollment” options for some platforms.

I’ll call this “noted” for now, so you can add to the thread if I’m totally missing the point. But hopefully, one of the ideas above would address the root of your concern.

13. Lengthen the time before intune company portal logs you off on Android

We're experiencing issues with users not turning on their devices and being signed out of intune. Please increase the length of time before users are signed out of the company portal on Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. EM+S Intune version ability to publish apps through company portal

Return the functionality of publishing apps through EM+S\Intune rather than only deployment. Reason for the portal is to allow users to pick and choose what they want; not for the admin to select.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add support and function for reading Company Portal Log in CM Trace Tool

When opening Company Portal Log in Configuration Manager Trace Log Tool, it does note show all the information that's stated in the file. When opening the same file in notepad, more information is accessible. For easier navigation when doing diagnostics, it would be preferable if the Company Portal Log could be read correctly by the Configuration Manager Trace Tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NAV Timeout for inactive users

If a user is inactive for a certain time it would be nice to set this user offline that the licence is available again.
    The background is, that sometimes a customer has a problem with his licences, when a user forgets to sign off. In this case the licence is still active but it isn't used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The InTune Company Portal app does not display the correct Version Number for Windows LOB Apps

When I upload a custom MSI file to the InTune Admin UI, it stores the version number that is embedded into the MSI file (i.e. 11.6.5.4430), but when the app is displayed in the Company Portal app on an enrolled device, the version number displayed is not the same as the MSI version number.

The version number displayed in the InTune Company Portal app appears to be related to the number of times the MSI file has been uploaded to the LOB App record in the InTune Admin UI. The first time I upload an MSI, the version number displayed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. View version of Company Portal installed from Intune console

View version of Company Portal installed on the device and allow administrators to set a minimum allowed version in order to force users to upgrade.

Some users don't update their apps, but there is no way currently to know from the console what version of the Company Portal is installed, if you are troubleshooting issues remotely. We would like to be able to set a minimum version much like you can do with the OS version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. company portal sync

For the Apple iOS Company Portal App, sometimes the sync will break and the user must login to the Portal App again.

But most users don't need to use this app.

How can the Company Portal app prompt the user to sign-in again?

This is a suitable feature upgrade to automatically prompt the user to login again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base