Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. InTune portal Quick device search for users Display Name/UPN/Primary SMTP email, not just by their device name(default - iphone).

Currently in Intune portal(old and Azure) you can only search for a device by the device name. It would be an improvement to be able to find a device direct from the Intune devices area by searching by the users Display Name/UPN or Primary SMTP address.

The 'device name' for many will just be a default one such as 'iPhone' so will return 1000's of results and does not make it easy to quickly find a device from the console to manage it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile Threat-Detection Remediation

We are a Microsoft Partner here in the U.K. With a strong focus on EMS. Over the last few months Microsoft have introduced several new partnerships with Threat Detection companies to identify threats on mobile devices as this was an area that Intune was lacking.

A new feature introduced by yourselves was to use Threat Severity levels provided by the likes of Lookout, Skycure to mark devices as non compliant (blocking them from the likes of email, sharepoint etc).

Whilst this is great, this would seem only a half way house. If in the event I have malware on my…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Intune Connector for Exchange and NDES connector to be installed on the same box

When installing the Intune Connector for Exchange on the same box as the NDES connector for Exchange they both try to use the named pipe 'net.pipe://localhost/WIEC'.

In a large environment there is a lot of effort/security scrutiny required to allow a host to bypass SSL inspection and permit the connectors to work. It would be helpful if both connectors could run from the same host.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MDM Locking down for public settings

We have a partner that is using Intune as an MDM. Some devices are locked down for public use. I am wondering if there is a way to set a pin number on a device and then lock it down to the users cannot change it by themselves… This is a little counter-intuitive based on the purpose of the MDM, if we could either;
    1. Lock out access to Settings for the device
    2. Disable password/Pin from being required and set
    3. Disable it from being reset

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Managed Endpoint Protection for macOS devices

Please offer managed endpoint protection for macOS devices, like SCCM offers with SCEP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pre-Release support for iOS and Android updates

We have to be able to test the SCCM upgrades for Intune before iOS and Android OS updates are officially released. This maybe more of an internal process or could be just a perception, but it felt like Intune did not have true ZERO Day support for iOS 10. Even though MS announced support for iOS 10 on 9/7 and Apple released iOS 10 on 9/13 that would give IT only 6 days to test and upgrade their SCCM environments to support those devices. We could not enroll any new devices in the environment at the time. Hopkins is reviewing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. give the user of a device the ability to enter a code to selectively wipe company information from their device while they travel

I would like to give the user of a device the ability to enter a code to selectively wipe company information from their device while they travel. People need to enter some countries where company information may compromise their identity and expose them to being declared something they are not. Therefore, there is the need to allow an individual to wipe company data from the device, but allow their personal information and programs to remain. Currently there is no way for a user to enter a PIN and execute a selective wipe of their device. Entering a factory reset is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alert functionality whe device is wiped or retired

Mail Alert Generation when single device or multiple devices are wiped by any Intune administrator

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lack of " Mobile authorized by Admin for enrollment" feature.

Hi, Intune lack of having a featureto to obtain from the Admin the authorization to enroll. Any enrollment should be authorized, because there are users having 2 devices or more and we want to enroll some specific devices e.g.: those that are COD only. For mobile devices it should be based in the IMEI by first place, but Intune should be able to "authorize to enroll" them using other filtering rule e.g. only W10 mobile devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Deploy profile to Skype for iOS/Android

Just like the request for the Outlook app? (Sorry if this is a repeat).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Name Column - "First Name iPhone" - Change to full UPN name (MDM)

The name column gives devices names "Tony's iPhone" and "Tony's iPad"... I have not seen it yet but I imagine other persons name Tony will have the same device name... This is not very useful, no?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need a demo/presentation of Intune

We need a demo/presentation of Intune.

Do you have a reference implementation with Telecom service provider ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intune PC enrolled as Mobile device - Unable to Generate Harware Information, Updates information and Malware Information.

I know Microsoft still has not rolled out feature for PC enrolled as mobile device in Intune to Generate Hardware, Updates and Malware Reports. We need this data as part of compliance and status check. Currently we are only using Intune and we would like to know when this feature will be rolled out for end users. Checked with Microsoft support team and they do not have an ETA when this feature will be available. Please keep us posted on when this feature will be available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 950XL enrolled into intune but intune cannot identify its operating system

I have my 950XL enrolled into intune but it cannot shows up on the all device list. I can found it under my user's device list but I found that it cannot identify the operating system. So is it a bug or something need to be updated? I have checked on the company portal app and I can get this device on the list and also able to rename it.

BTW, rename the device on the app looks like not able to reflect on the intune admin system. Is there any plan to make it sync?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow two seperate on prem exchange organizations and active directories to the same intune account

I have two active directory domains and two on prem exchange orgs. Both my companies are on my same EA agreement. There is a two way transitive trust between the two domains and they both sync to my one azure ad. I need to manage them both through intune. This is stopping the roll out of 550 global devices on windows 10 mobile to replace blackberry and 150 BYOD devices on Good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you get OS X device management to work?

I've just enrolled an OS X device into Intune and Intune isn't recognizing that it's a Mac. Strangely, a new device did show up, but the Name and Operating System fields are blank.
    As far as I can tell Intune isn't really a fully baked product which is a real bummer, even the support folks I talk to scratch their heads and are a bit clueless.
    :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deploy intune Enterprise on device with their IMEI saved in O365

When user connect to O365 to synce email, MS save IMEI of the smartphone....O365 is also able to wipe device....so does O365 can push intune portail on device registered.....
    I don't speak of "conditional access"....
    I want an automated installation of Intune portal on my devices.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enroll Black Berry Z10 devices with BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync

Customer Uses Stand Alone Intune for their Office 365 MDM Authority with Conditional Access with iOS and Android devices.

Customer also has a BlackBerry BES12 MDM Authority on premise and has added the Black Berry users (who use BB Z10 devices) to their Exemption list allowing them to enroll devices with ActiveSync to access mailboxes on Office 365.

Customer would like to see a way to enroll their Black Berry Z10 devices through the BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync while allowing their iPhones and Android devices to still enroll through Intune added as functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding users to Mobile Device Management Issue - Enrollment Problems

Hi

We are in the process of setting up Office 365 Mobile Device Management. We've created a MDM policy, created a security group and associated this group with the newly created MDM policy. We have added about 10 users to run as a pilot test.

There has been a number of scenarios which have occurred whilst setting end user devices up.

1. Add the user to the security group associated against MDM policy. The user receives the enrollment email, and email stos syncing with Office 365 mailbox on device until they successfully complete the enrollment process

This is what you…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters.

Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters. Rigth now we just have strong PIN to define. Can we get this option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base