Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pre-Release support for iOS and Android updates

We have to be able to test the SCCM upgrades for Intune before iOS and Android OS updates are officially released. This maybe more of an internal process or could be just a perception, but it felt like Intune did not have true ZERO Day support for iOS 10. Even though MS announced support for iOS 10 on 9/7 and Apple released iOS 10 on 9/13 that would give IT only 6 days to test and upgrade their SCCM environments to support those devices. We could not enroll any new devices in the environment at the time. Hopkins is reviewing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give the user of a device the ability to enter a code to selectively wipe company information from their device while they travel

I would like to give the user of a device the ability to enter a code to selectively wipe company information from their device while they travel. People need to enter some countries where company information may compromise their identity and expose them to being declared something they are not. Therefore, there is the need to allow an individual to wipe company data from the device, but allow their personal information and programs to remain. Currently there is no way for a user to enter a PIN and execute a selective wipe of their device. Entering a factory reset is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert functionality whe device is wiped or retired

Mail Alert Generation when single device or multiple devices are wiped by any Intune administrator

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lack of " Mobile authorized by Admin for enrollment" feature.

Hi, Intune lack of having a featureto to obtain from the Admin the authorization to enroll. Any enrollment should be authorized, because there are users having 2 devices or more and we want to enroll some specific devices e.g.: those that are COD only. For mobile devices it should be based in the IMEI by first place, but Intune should be able to "authorize to enroll" them using other filtering rule e.g. only W10 mobile devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Deploy profile to Skype for iOS/Android

Just like the request for the Outlook app? (Sorry if this is a repeat).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Name Column - "First Name iPhone" - Change to full UPN name (MDM)

The name column gives devices names "Tony's iPhone" and "Tony's iPad"... I have not seen it yet but I imagine other persons name Tony will have the same device name... This is not very useful, no?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need a demo/presentation of Intune

We need a demo/presentation of Intune.

Do you have a reference implementation with Telecom service provider ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 950XL enrolled into intune but intune cannot identify its operating system

I have my 950XL enrolled into intune but it cannot shows up on the all device list. I can found it under my user's device list but I found that it cannot identify the operating system. So is it a bug or something need to be updated? I have checked on the company portal app and I can get this device on the list and also able to rename it.

BTW, rename the device on the app looks like not able to reflect on the intune admin system. Is there any plan to make it sync?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow two seperate on prem exchange organizations and active directories to the same intune account

I have two active directory domains and two on prem exchange orgs. Both my companies are on my same EA agreement. There is a two way transitive trust between the two domains and they both sync to my one azure ad. I need to manage them both through intune. This is stopping the roll out of 550 global devices on windows 10 mobile to replace blackberry and 150 BYOD devices on Good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you get OS X device management to work?

I've just enrolled an OS X device into Intune and Intune isn't recognizing that it's a Mac. Strangely, a new device did show up, but the Name and Operating System fields are blank.
    As far as I can tell Intune isn't really a fully baked product which is a real bummer, even the support folks I talk to scratch their heads and are a bit clueless.
    :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deploy intune Enterprise on device with their IMEI saved in O365

When user connect to O365 to synce email, MS save IMEI of the smartphone....O365 is also able to wipe device....so does O365 can push intune portail on device registered.....
    I don't speak of "conditional access"....
    I want an automated installation of Intune portal on my devices.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enroll Black Berry Z10 devices with BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync

Customer Uses Stand Alone Intune for their Office 365 MDM Authority with Conditional Access with iOS and Android devices.

Customer also has a BlackBerry BES12 MDM Authority on premise and has added the Black Berry users (who use BB Z10 devices) to their Exemption list allowing them to enroll devices with ActiveSync to access mailboxes on Office 365.

Customer would like to see a way to enroll their Black Berry Z10 devices through the BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync while allowing their iPhones and Android devices to still enroll through Intune added as functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding users to Mobile Device Management Issue - Enrollment Problems

Hi

We are in the process of setting up Office 365 Mobile Device Management. We've created a MDM policy, created a security group and associated this group with the newly created MDM policy. We have added about 10 users to run as a pilot test.

There has been a number of scenarios which have occurred whilst setting end user devices up.

1. Add the user to the security group associated against MDM policy. The user receives the enrollment email, and email stos syncing with Office 365 mailbox on device until they successfully complete the enrollment process

This is what you expect…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters.

Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters. Rigth now we just have strong PIN to define. Can we get this option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ping feature

Insert a feature which allows you to "ping" devices from the Intune console, so you can verify if a device is reachable (e.g. for a sync).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Extend the possibility to control CSR Information in certificate profiles

We need more granularity when it comes to Certificate Profiles for instance many companies have Cisco ISE on their network and depending on the information that the certificate presents to the ISE Instance the client is put in a network segment. As we only can Control common name we are not able to segment devices due to this. Adding more Templates doesnt help as the common name would be the same.

So an example could be that you make it possible to control the the OU attribute (or any other) to make it possible to configure different attributes per Certificate…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to run a report for a specifc period of time

Most reporting I have seen allows you to run a report for a certain period of time.

This needs to be added. Especially when people are tracking enrollments it would allow you to run a report on a specific day, week, month, or whatever.

This is a pretty basic part of reporting and would be great if it could be added.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Split activation time and date into two separate columns in reporting

When running a report on all the users that have been added to Intune I see the EAS activation time column. Since that column has the date and then the time, unless you do some manipulation to the data in Excel you can't sort it by date of activation.

This could be easily fixed by splitting the columns into EAS Activation Date and EAS Activation Time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to disable renaming mobile device

Renaming mobile devices is great for user experience, but in some scenarios it will be great that default name should be not allowed for easy recognition from administrator side.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We would like to be able to wipe EAS profiles on devices remotely using selective wipe

We'd like to be able to remove EAS profiles from mobile devices that are associated with the user / device that we are retiring from Intune. Currently this works only with iOS, and only if the profile was pushed down as part of policy. We'd like to be able to remotely wipe EAS profiles created by the user in the native mail app, based upon the domain name when doing remote selective wipe. Currently the only option is either the 15-step Exchange, export, delete, re-sync, block, change password option, or the full wipe, which customers will not tolerate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base