Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign device compliance policy to DEP enrolled devices without user affinity to device groups

We have 50 shared iPads that has been enrolled using DEP and without user affinity.

As it stands i am unable to get these devices marked as compliant.

I have been told by a Microsoft Intune Support person that this this is by design because there is no user logged in.

This is very frustrating that i am now going to have to have 50 iPads not compliant because they are without user affinity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bitlocker full drive encryption setting

Seems strange there is no setting or 'toggle' in the profile configuration of Intune to allow for bitlocker full drive encryption. The only default is for used space encryption only. can you please enable this?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Managed homescreen rotate

Managed homescreen needs to be able to rotate. (when using tablets)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Perform actions on groups of devices instead of 1 by 1

Typically I want to perform an action on a group of devices. If I push a profile or app, I usually want to sync a group of devices to update with those settings. Similarly, if I am renaming devices, I want to rename a range of devices (usually with some incrementing value involved). This might be a cart of laptops, or a group of users in the room together. Intune is intended to managed hundreds or thousands of devices, and yet so many actions can only be performed on a one-by-one basis.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import supported GPO directly into MDM policy

We are doing a project for supported policies going from GPO, to Intune MDM Policy. One of the things that would be immensely helpful is the ability to put create an XML document and import multiple settings in at once.

This would allow us to build entire polices offline and import them in when ready rather than doing one setting at a time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. devices organization

we should be able to organize Devices in Intune just like devices in AD by group or Organization Unite

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Assign policies and apps to users but not all devices of the users targeted

I have a customer that deploys applications based on User Groups. So per application there is a usergroup (e.g. ap_notepad) but that user has multiple devices with the same os (in this case Windows).

Intune tells me not to mix device and user based groups for exclusions. But what I would like to see is the possiblility to target an application to a user group and exclude certain devices.

For example: Application A is assinged to the usergroup AP_APPLICATION_A. The user has his normal device for everyday work where the application should be installed mandatory. He also has a development…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use MDM configuration for Multiple Domains using single Intune console which organization uses common mail server for all 5 Domains.

How to use MDM configuration for multi-domains which organization utilize single Intune console and company uses common mail server for multiple domains however there is no federation between those multi-domains.

Any one can assist me how can we integrate Intune for multi-domains environment?
    Here is the situation which company uses different domains login ID for windows login but common mail server foe E-mail transaction want to go for EMS/MDM/MAM deployment using Intune.

Please let me know if you have defined solution or work around solution to achieve this requirement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. power management for windows device (at least)

Should be great to have power mangement directly in intune instead of a csp with admx. (which i Don't understand).
    Some others mdm solutions provide this. So why not intune ? (at least for Windows devices).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A policy to retire device linked to group membership

A policy that would retire a user's device when the user is moved to a certain OU. For example when our user's leave their account automatically moves to an OU called "Expired".
    It would be good to retire their device automatically as soon as they move to "Expired"
    At present we have to do this manually.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PowerShell with Parameters

Would be awesome if you could add the ability to pass parameters down to PowerShell scripts.

Why?
    We have multiple customers running the exact same script, where ONE variable has to be changed according to the customer. Currently we have to create and maintain one script per unique customer. If we could pass parameters through Intune it would make this a whole lot easier and dynamic.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. change device owner without reset/re-enroll

once you have enrolled a device with autopilot for a user and then want to hand out that device to a new user you need to reset or re-enroll it apparently or the new user will not be the device owner (although i don't see any other issues for the new user)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Run PowerShell script on a schedule

It's great to see the Intune Management Extensions available now, but what would be even better is to extend this functionality to be able to run powershell scripts on a schedule or in a repeated fashion.

The setting could be put under Device Configuration -> PowerShell Scripts -> [script name] -> Settings -> [script settings].

It would be fantastic to be able to have a script execute from intune like it were a scheduled task. eg. Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, and a time. Or have options for "Every 1 week" or "Custom" where we can put the…

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Diagnostics settings feedback

Feedback for log categories to whitelist for Intune > Diagnostics settings

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase the device check-in limit (current 25/hr)

While enrolling devices for a customer we ran into an issue where the device would stop receiving commands from Intune.

After support looked into the logs the found a limit of 25 check-in's over a 1 hour timespan and suggested a uservoice to get support to increase this number.

Impact;
    Intune Service has a throttling limits of maximum of 25 checks in an hour. This may include the check-ins initiated from install request of available apps + end user clicking checking compliance from the company portal + regular device check ins as per schedule.

Support can identify this issue by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Disable as a policy configuration option in addition to Enable and Not configured

Most settings only have the option to either Enable or leave Not Configured. When a profile is removed, the settings remain in place on Windows systems. Applying a profile that sets these same settings to Not Configured does nothing. If we could instead set them to Disabled we could then overwrite the settings that were left behind like we can currently do in Group policy.

Currently the only supported workaround I can find is to retire then re-enroll the device. This is not a feasible solution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export and import custom MDM policies in the Azure Intune portal

I have not seen the ability to export and import custom policies - both compliance and configuration policies - in the Azure Intune portal.

We have many customers where we set up our standard policies, and we have to do this manually for all customers.

The export function in the portal today just creates a csv of the view in the console, it does not export the actual policies - as far as I can see.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Face Recognition feature of iOS on MDM

Apple have came with all new Phone like iPhone X, Xr etc with face recognition, this option have been included on MAM and still awaiting for MDM, as many corporate using compliance policy for in-tune to set specific pass code of device.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Supress certain hardware ID's for Bitlocker to Go Pop-Ups

We need to suppress certain hardware ID's to prevent Bitlocker To Go from popping up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder redirection to Onedrive for Business

I would like to have a Intune Policy to redirect, for example, the Documents folder of an Azure AD Joined device to Onedrive for Business of the user.

495 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base