Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add capability to customize device friendly name for MDM

We would like to be able to set device friendly name within the Intune Portal to display a custom device entry name based on criteria we set. An example would be {userprincipalname} - {DeviceIMEI}

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow administrators to choose our own password restrictions

As per the Technical Support team, it is currently impossible to have an alphanumeric password with 0 non-alphanumeric characters. I don't understand why the system is configured this way, but it certainly would be nice if I had the option to choose my own password restrictions.

--------------------------------------------

Hello Ryan,

This email is to follow up.

Got the answer from the escalation team about the non-alphanumeric password for the compliance policy, they found out this:

The compliance policy is working as it should be in Intune when setting the option to 0, what they explain me is, if you set this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add OneDrive for Business section within Device restiction Policy

There is slowly becoming quite a few configs for OneDrive for Business (Auto Config, Known folders, Auto team site sync etc) that everyone will want to configure via Intune. Some of this can currently this can be done by PowerShell (applying registry), but It feels like these options now need to be their own section with the Device restriction policy for Windows 10.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Managed App-Preview fucntion does not support User-less devices

For the managed apps Preview-Installation Status function mentioned,
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/troubleshoot-app-install
    , it is confirmed that only User-Associated devices are supported, user-less devices are not supported(for example Android Kiosk devices). This function for user-less devices is also needed as for customers, they also have Kiosk devices. Please evaluate and check if this can be supported

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Misspelling in MDM Authority notification

After selecting "Configuration Manager MDM Authority" under Choose MDM Authority, there is a misspelling in the notification that pops up. Please see attached image.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scan QR codes containing corporate URL

Allow mobile users to scan QR codes containing URL of applications available via AppProxy, or internal SharePoint sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to limit number of enroll devices to only 1 per platform e.g. 1 or PC and 1 for mobile (either iOS and Android) in BYOD scenario

Ability to limit number of enroll devices to only 1 per platform e.g. 1 or PC and 1 for mobile (either iOS and Android) in BYOD scenario in order to manage corporate resources.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wipe multiple iOS, Android or Windows 10 devices simultaneously (with schedule option).

Mark multiple devices and wipe simultaneously. Also have the possiblity to add a schedule.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the use of Device Serial Number when assigning devices to a Intune Azure AD Device Group

Allow the use of Device Serial Number when assigning devices to a Intune Azure AD Device Group. We have thousands of iPads that are DEP enrolled and assiged the User-Agnostic Attribute. We also have multiple DEP profiles. These devices do not have users names or email addresses assigned to them. They all have the same device name also, i.e. iPad. Thus, there is no way to open an Azure AD Device Group and add a specific device to it because the only attribute(s) that make one iPad different from the other is: Serial Number, IMEI, or the Unique Identifier. None…

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Device Actions Needs More Information

I tried to rename two of our iPads (which I have successfully done before) and they failed. I went and checked Device Actions and it simply says that it failed with no explanation of why. Audit Logs has more details when you click on an entry, however this was successful. From what I can tell Audit Details is telling me I successfully submitted the request, however Device Actions tells me the action failed to complete. But there is no details.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamic device group for DEM

Create a dynamic device group for the enrolled device using DEM account:-
    if you enroll different device platforms and os versions using device enrollment manager account up to 1000 device, you may need to group all those devices in one group so?
    Yeah you can create a group contains this account but I am talking about devices.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My Apps Secure Sign-in Extension

Prevent browsers from viewing and storing users and the keys that are sent through the extension

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View where a device is getting settings/app assignments

It would be beneficial for us if there was a section in which we could see where a device is getting a setting or an app assignment from.

Currently, if there is a mystery app or restriction on a device and you do not know where it is set, you have to work backwards (checking assigned user groups or device groups etc) to discover where the app is assigned from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Are the Samsung Gear 3 (WATCHES) able to be Managed by INTUNE?

Working with one of Our clients we need to have a group of Watches that can be assigned to a specific user but managed by an MDM to control assignment, set profiles and apps and report analytics.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OMA URI reporting, does not list enforced value??

When issueing a custom URI deployment to devices, it is easy to see a report, and whether the URI has been deployed.

In the report, there is no assertation from Intune, listing of the enforced Data type, and Value.

This is particulary difficult when sending 20+ CSP component policies in a profile, and the report for that profile deployment does not show everything.

For sakes of compliance, it seems like an oversight, not to incorporate that required detail into the report!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. cleanup rules

Device cleanup rules to 30 days or any customized days which Admin wants. And also enable search criteria from number of inactive days and also allow admin to delete multiple users at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to create MAM, and compliance policies in intune for Android Kiosk

it would be great to see conditional access and MAM policies along with ability to set Compliance polices for the same within the Kiosk profile current (COSU/Kiosk

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upgrade Windows 10 OS Edition from Home to Pro

First, we try to do Azure AD Join for 300 Dell Laptop's with Windows 10 Home Edition (OEM), but there is no option for same and suggested to upgrade to Pro Edition.

Secondly, tried to do upgrade OS from Home to Pro through Intune, but no luck; and got the answer from Microsoft saying that "by design that you cannot upgrade form Home to pro edition using Intune".

Only Device Enrollment can be done, but not Azure AD Join.

By looking into above mentioned case study - requesting the Microsoft team to see for permanent solution to resolve the issue.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the possibility of assigning to corporate or personal devices

It now is possible, by using groups to automaticaly fill that group with devices that have a certain ownership (corporate/personal). It would be great if that step could be eliminated and that it will be possible to just have a pull down menu per app/configuration profile/update policy/etc. where we have the possibility to assign those settings to personal or corporate devices.

So as an addition to the possibility of adding group memberships or all users or devices.

For example:
    Say that we have corporate and byo devices. We create 2 device configuration profiles. One for the corporate devices and one…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Corporate vs Personal Device Tagging - automatic

Have a configurable default for a device to be registered as Corporate (without having to do IMEI upload / DEP / etc). As it seems, to get all the inventory I want/need, I'll need to tag every device as corporate owned, regardless if the user brought it in as a BYOD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base