Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Intune device

Previously I can export device based on my selection. Now when I click export, Intune export all devices. I seek Microsoft to reinstate back this good feature, We need to export device by selection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ability to hide Device Categories

I would like the ability to hide Device Categories. I use them with dynamic groups in order to provision devices. I have a standard group to 'build' a Kiosk device because Apple permissions force me install apps then give them permissions (such as camera). I then switch the category to something that has a KIOSK policy applied.

The issue is I really do not want the users seeing 30 categories when they enroll their devices.

Please add a check box that 'hides' the category during enrollment, but allows an admin to change to that category to get policies.

Yes, you…

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remote wipe should not initiate under 20% battery

If you try to reset a device on it's GUI, it doesn't let you do it if you have little battery left. Nor with firmware updates.

The idea is to have a check box with the wipe feature, or a pop-pup asking even if the device has less than 20% battery do you want to continue, or just if it has more than 20%

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kindle Fire devices.......

Hi Please begin to support InTune on Kindle Fire!!!!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to manage multiple device profiles for a dedicated user, also to manage profiles/policies ranking

Most of MDM solutions are providing a way to deploy different type of devices (different profiles/policies/apps..) for a single user. Currently the only real method is to either use Category tags or dynamic device groups. Category tags are limited and is currently not supporting all types of enrollment (not working with Android Enterprise full Corporate-owned fully managed devices, using Intune app instead of Company portal, manual action by an IT required in the console to set a category tag then). Second option is dynamic device groups that are also limited in scope as some objects are user-based only and cannot…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Intune Device Wipe Warning for IOS

While implementing Intune for our IOS devices, we have noticed there is no warning when your device is about to be wiped if you have entered your device password wrong too many times.

Would it be possible to add this as a feature Intune, warning users if they enter their password wrong one more time, that their device will be Enterprise Wiped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Modern Authentication/OAuth support in Office 365 MDM profiles

Starting with iOS 12, there has been a way to enable OAuth within the Intune mail profile in order to support MFA users when pushing profiles to devices using the Intune Company Portal app. However, there is no such option in Office 365 MDM and MFA users do not seem to be supported at all in this product. Given that Microsoft recommends that MFA be used for all users, it is clear that Office 365 MDM needs to support MFA. The same OAuth/Modern Authentication options that are available to Intune administrators need to be made available to Office 365 MDM…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. NativeScript Intune support

It would be great if Microsoft provides out of the box Intune support for apps created thru NativeScript framework.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. View password configuration on enrolled devices

We would like the ability to query Intune for password settings of enrolled devices. Settings include:

• simple password

• password length

• inactivity until screen locks

Currently, you can query Intune for information like:
    - phone number
    - serial number
    - discovered apps

Why not password settings?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enrollment Quarantine

Create a Quarantine for Enrolment, where an Admin can approve or deny enrollment for a device.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Management Name discoverable during search to add members device manually to a group

The addition of the Management Name was very helpful, but the name that gets entered into that field needs to be discoverable by searches. In particular, I have a group that I would like to manually add some devices to, but I am unable to search by the Management Name to be able to add them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Inactive and Active device on the Dashboard

I like to be able to see all device on the MDM from the dashboard and listed by last connected to the system. This would give a quick representation of how many devices we have enrolled and how many have not connected in the past 30 days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow sorting and editing details of Corporate device identifiers

Microsoft Intune->Device enrollment->Corporate device identifiers

Cannot sort
    Cannot update Details

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve the basics

First of all, I like Intune but there are a few things that are truly irritating. My number one issue is time delays. Time delay has worked against me for the following:
    1. Device in Intune (iOS) DEP enrolled, unable to add to a Azure AD security group because the device name has not updated from Intune to Azure AD. Azure AD will call my iPads "iPad" for some random amount of time, where as Intune call the iPads "iPad-SERIAL". But when you add a device to a group it has to be the Azure AD name and if there…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In advance e-mail notification of upcoming password expiration for MDM

Intune MDM needs the ability to send e-mail notifications to users when a password/PIN is going to expire within X number of days. Admin should be able to set the number of days that e-mails should be sent; 14, 10, 5, etc. days. in ADVANCE of expiration.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configuration Profile installed on device

It would be nice to know when a configuration profile has successfully installed (configured) this profile on the device. The results/status shown in the Intune portal are not correct (Intune - Device Configuration - Profiles - Select Profile - Device Status shows succeeded but when you look on the device the profile in fact has not actually installed or configured. When you look at managed policies under work/school account - info - managed policies it does not list all managed policies that are derived from the configuration profile within Intune.

Just looking for consistent results so that appropriate planning and…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Naming Devices by setting terms and conditions

Prompt users to change their device name during or after enrolling the device in Intune i.e. It is very tedious task for administrator to change the devices name enrolled in bulk so I think there must be some condition which admin can trigger from the portal which prompt user to change their device names and the same should get reflected in Azure AD devices list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notify us if a DEP MDM (eg. Apple) sync hasn't happened in 24 hours.

Notify us if a DEP MDM (eg. Apple) sync hasn't happened in 24 hours. We have this for AD Connect we need it for Intune DEP tokens too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. dark mode

Please allow the ability to force light mode or dark mode in iOS. We have some LoB apps that look bad in dark mode, so we'd like to make sure they use light mode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base