Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. support Linux MDM like OS X

Could we have a Linux MDM like OS X?

484 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configure an application whitelist

Provide the ability to configure an application whitelist and block the Apple App Store for a selected group of users. This has come up as a regulatory requirement for our organisation.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deploy printers

Give us the option to deploy printers with Intune

1,156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can deploy AirPrint settings for Mac and iOS – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/air-print-settings-ios-macos

You can configure some printer settings under device restrictions for Windows 10 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-restrictions-windows-10

But I’m hearing from a few people that this still doesn’t really help users get to local printers, and that seems the original intent. (@Henrik, if you’re getting this, please weigh in!)

We won’t call this one complete. I’m switching this to “noted”, meaning we know you want it. Thanks again for the feedback!

4. Deploy profile to Skype for iOS/Android

Just like the request for the Outlook app? (Sorry if this is a repeat).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Name Column - "First Name iPhone" - Change to full UPN name (MDM)

The name column gives devices names "Tony's iPhone" and "Tony's iPad"... I have not seen it yet but I imagine other persons name Tony will have the same device name... This is not very useful, no?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We need a demo/presentation of Intune

We need a demo/presentation of Intune.

Do you have a reference implementation with Telecom service provider ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mobile data monitoring and reporting

Nowadays with the amount of mobile data consumed by mobile devices only seems to increase, it would be great if Intune was able to monitor and report on mobile data usage across Mobile/Wifi and Roaming zones for each mobile device Intune manages. Windows and Android have this built into their OS's and iOS has a very good third party app you can use which works great.

It would also be great if this was supported for both Intune only and SCCM hybrid environments, perhaps with a dashboard or at least some decent SSRS reporting.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 950XL enrolled into intune but intune cannot identify its operating system

I have my 950XL enrolled into intune but it cannot shows up on the all device list. I can found it under my user's device list but I found that it cannot identify the operating system. So is it a bug or something need to be updated? I have checked on the company portal app and I can get this device on the list and also able to rename it.

BTW, rename the device on the app looks like not able to reflect on the intune admin system. Is there any plan to make it sync?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Intune PC enrolled as Mobile device - Unable to Generate Harware Information, Updates information and Malware Information.

I know Microsoft still has not rolled out feature for PC enrolled as mobile device in Intune to Generate Hardware, Updates and Malware Reports. We need this data as part of compliance and status check. Currently we are only using Intune and we would like to know when this feature will be rolled out for end users. Checked with Microsoft support team and they do not have an ETA when this feature will be available. Please keep us posted on when this feature will be available.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow two seperate on prem exchange organizations and active directories to the same intune account

I have two active directory domains and two on prem exchange orgs. Both my companies are on my same EA agreement. There is a two way transitive trust between the two domains and they both sync to my one azure ad. I need to manage them both through intune. This is stopping the roll out of 550 global devices on windows 10 mobile to replace blackberry and 150 BYOD devices on Good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can you get OS X device management to work?

I've just enrolled an OS X device into Intune and Intune isn't recognizing that it's a Mac. Strangely, a new device did show up, but the Name and Operating System fields are blank.
    As far as I can tell Intune isn't really a fully baked product which is a real bummer, even the support folks I talk to scratch their heads and are a bit clueless.
    :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Deploy intune Enterprise on device with their IMEI saved in O365

When user connect to O365 to synce email, MS save IMEI of the smartphone....O365 is also able to wipe device....so does O365 can push intune portail on device registered.....
    I don't speak of "conditional access"....
    I want an automated installation of Intune portal on my devices.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enroll Black Berry Z10 devices with BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync

Customer Uses Stand Alone Intune for their Office 365 MDM Authority with Conditional Access with iOS and Android devices.

Customer also has a BlackBerry BES12 MDM Authority on premise and has added the Black Berry users (who use BB Z10 devices) to their Exemption list allowing them to enroll devices with ActiveSync to access mailboxes on Office 365.

Customer would like to see a way to enroll their Black Berry Z10 devices through the BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync while allowing their iPhones and Android devices to still enroll through Intune added as functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Defense Contractor Industry needs FIPS 140-2 Enforcement on all Mobile Devices.

The Defense Contractor Industry needs FIPS 140-2 Enforcement on all Mobile Devices. IOS with Outlook Mobile and Intune is FIPS 140-2 compliant. Android is not. This will force all Defense Contractors to move to IOS devices if Intune and Outlook mobile cannot enforce FIPS 140-2 encryption at rest and in transit. All Defense Contractors must be FIPS 140-2 compliant by the end of 2017.http://www.natlawreview.com/article/cybersecurity-update-dod-releases-long-awaited-final-rule
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/azuregov/2016/09/15/how-microsoft-azure-government-enables-defense-industrial-base-companies-to-comply-with-new-dod-cyber-security-rules/

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tag Mobile Devices by IMEI as Corporate retrospectively without Un-enrol/Re-enrol

So I'm now able to import a list of Corporate Owned IMEI numbers into the Intune service and when they are first enrolled they are tagged with 'Corporate' as the Ownership - great feature.

Problem is I have a number of corporate owned devices in the system already from before this feature was introduced.

I'm being told by support (Ticket #116101392769132) that the only way to show these as Corporate ownership is in-enrol them and re-enrol them. This isn't an option for us as it means disrupting our end users for no good reason.

Why can't the service detect this…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow organizations to remove the full wipe option from non-company owned devices

Allow an organization to define user-owned devices and remove the ability to perform full wipes on those devices.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Corporate vs Personal Device Policies / segregation

Corporate vs Personal Device Policies / segregation - Today you can create policies for Corporate Owned and Personal Owned Devices. But if a user is part of both groups receiving Corporate Owned and Personal Owned Device policies, that user will receive most restrictive policies on his personal device as well. There needs to be a way to do this more effectively where a personal owned device should not be receiving corporate policies.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Secure corporate enrollment with user enrollment later

Add the ability to enroll a device with no user affinity and then at a later time allow the user to enroll the device for user affinity without the need to wipe or remove MDM. This would allow the ability to send a device to a user with the Intune agent on it and then allow the user to enroll with their username and password.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. how to track SIM changes or prevent SIM changes on mobile devices in Intune

how to track SIM changes or prevent SIM changes on mobile devices in Intune

This has become a crucial requirement because other MDM solutions have it right from the beginning.

Thanks.

Rizmi

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters.

Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters. Rigth now we just have strong PIN to define. Can we get this option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base