Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Malware protection status on Win10 MDM side (feature parity with intune client)

As the Correct Way of Managing Windows 10 devices seems to be AAD + MDM it would be VERY useful to have at least some of the abilities the intune client has - the ability to see events related to malware.

Viruses and Trojans are in my experience this is the most common issue with PCs... still.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full automatic Intune Exchange Active Sync configuration

Hello,

My company Exchange ActiveSync configuration uses :
    - user email
    - user password
    - Exchange Activesync server name
    - domain name
    - login name

In order to have a full automatic Exchange ActiveSync configuration, I hope to have the following workflow :
    - to setup the Intune exchange configuration with user variables like for example $SAMAccountname, $password, $email
    - to set the "domain" parameter that is not an available parameter for now !
    - to set other parmeters like server name, ssl.
    - While enrollment, all Exchange configuration can be set automaticaly from a mix of fixed parameters (server…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add device information to reporting (MAC, Phone number, IMEI, SIM)

The information when you click on a device is VERY limited.

We use MAC addresses to allow access to our corporate wifi. With BES I can get this easily. Intune....nothing. This means I need to ask each user to gather their MAC address.

Other things that are missing that should be easily gathered:

Phone number
    IMEI
    SIM

There are more but this is the important one.

While I hate using BES it seems to consistently beat Intune in the simplest of things that should be part of the starting tool set for any MDM.

For us this needs to be…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. URL Filtering on PCs

URL filtering on Mobile devices , Laptops, PCs

since Intune has endpoint protection. we would like see a URL filtering function on the PCs /laptops and Mobile devices where Intune client should be able to block or allow websites defined in the policy.

we are able block or allow website while the devices are on local network, but when it come to laptops, it is always moving with users so we don't have the control on it.

currently url filter function is available in TrendMicro but it has limitations.

Please consider this URL filter function for the future

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BYOD - Changing Intune Device Enrollment Limit to 1 for only a few users in Intune while allowing other users to enroll upto 5 devices.

We know by default in the intune tenant we can define “Mobile Device Enrollment Rules” that can allow up to a Maximum of 5 devices per user to be enrolled into intune. So in BYOD scenario the users are able to enroll up to 5 devices into Intune.

So in this BYOD scenario, sometimes we want to allow only certain users or User group to be able to enroll their devices but just 1 device into intune not 5 devices. While other users should be able to enroll up to 5 devices as configured under “Mobile Device Enrollment Rules” in…

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a folder on the mobile device for company apps

I would like to be able to create a folder, then install all my company managed apps into that folder. Keeping all company apps in the same location makes it easier for the user to find and easier for the help desk to support.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upgrading to New Device Allows Unmanaged Access

I'm new to Intune and have confirmed with my 3rd party vendor the "feature" I'm about to describe is currently functioning properly. In my opinion this needs to change.

I don't know the behavior with Android yet, this was only just discovered with an iPhone device.

User gets new phone, backs up old phone, activates new phone, performs restore.

The management policy did not get loaded to the new device, but Outlook app was installed. User was only asked for credentials and was then allowed unmanaged access to corporate email.

I'm sure there are issues with how iPhones do restores…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My Apps

If you configure the "My Apps" application on iOS and you close and reopen the App; you need to reconfigure everything again

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use a group to allow or block registering a device with Intune.

I would like to have the ability to block users from registering a device or connecting to the Outlook app for mobile devices unless they are in a specific group. I can enforce compliance rules, but if they meet the compliance requirements they get in. I want to block all access unless they get final approval from management and then I can add them to the group that allows access.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, David, are you talking about standalone Intune, or hybrid with Configuration Manager? In hybrid you pick the group you want and configure that on the Intune connector, so for hybrid, we already have what you’re asking for. But not for standalone.

10. Corporate Yammer in the Outlook app or pushed in an app group.

In Outlook MS has added integration with OneDrive. I would like to add Yammer to this. Along with the ability to configure OneDrive and Yammer accounts from the Outlook app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Control and/or set default email, contacts, calendar accounts

An issue I often see with mobile devices is that the user doesn't realize which calendar they've selected for creating an event. They think it is the corporate calendar, maybe don't use any other calendar on the mobile device. They open the calendar, create an event, send it to work associates. The people they send the event to accept, and are made aware of the meeting. But the sender has unknowingly created this event on another calendar (maybe the icloud calendar) So on their PC Outlook does not get the event. Everyone else makes it to the meeting but they…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Push encrypted content to device

Hi. Like as AirWatch has Secure Content Locker, please add this same ability for an organization to push out content (new, updated) to a user's device(s) and computers. There should be additional parameters, like length of time the content will be on the device until it is automatically deleted. Additionally, the content should be encrypted, and decrypted in memory when accessed (unlike AirWatch on none iOS devices). File types include PDFs, Word documents, MP3 files, and so on.

In looking at OneDrive, I don't see this functionality, or this functionality integrated with InTune. So I am submitting this feature request.

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The wrapper gets an out of memory exception

I was attempting to use the 3/9/2015 release of the
    Intune App Wrapping Tool for Android, but got an out of memory exception during the process. This was the build I was using and the notebook this was running on had 12 Gigs of memory installed.

https://cloud.box.com/s/gpx5oqbuqtspzhdr5kweavifpdfrnthf

This was the output of the exception:
    PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Intune Mobile Application Management\Android\App Wrapping Tool> Invoke-AppWrappingTool -InputPath C:\apps\androidApplication.apk -OutputPath C:
    \packagedApplication.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Users\varungupta\apktool\framework\1.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\apps\androidApplication.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Users\varungupta\apktool\framework\1.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrate Microsoft Intune with bing for geolocalization the device

Many clients in projects, ask for me about how to localize the device, I think that this integration between Microsoft Intune and Bing It would be a very useful thing

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Blackberry support

I want to include Blackberry to supported mobile devices in Intune.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Intune should allow alternate phone numbers for the IT Admin contact to accommodate regional users

Current scenario of a single contact number to be shown to all users is not suitable for enterprise customers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Retiring and deleting devices takes way too long

When working with a user on the phone, and we need to retire and reenroll a device, the process of retiring takes a very long time, which becomes frustrating for not only myself, but for the user who wants to get their problem resolved and get back to work. Please work to improve the speed for operations like this within the console,

321 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device

Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device. I met this bug on an iPhone 5c device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Here’s what I think you’re saying, and tell me if I have it wrong -

You create Terms and conditions. You enroll an iPhone 5c and accept the terms. You unenroll the iPhone. You re-enroll the iPhone and you are asked to accept the terms again. If that’s true, that’s a bug, because the terms are recorded per user so when you’ve accepted for one, you’ve accepted for all.

However, if anyone modified the terms and incremented the version, you have the option of making everyone re-accept the terms, even if they previously accepted.

If you can repro this, being sure the terms haven’t incremented with forced re-acceptance, then yes, that’s a bug we’d like to check on. Can you confirm?

19. access file server on on-premises network

Will Microsoft deploy an application like secure context locker from AirWatch to access on-premises file server and links. Then, use container concept to protect the downloaded data on the application.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. office 365 integration for full intune managment

As a company we use Office 365 and Intune. (Hybrid environment) It would be great if the enrollment process for management was as simple as a user connecting to email with a device and the integration would then kick in to full intune to configure and install all policies and applications required. This would including nifty things like checking the office 365 licensing and installing all apps that the particular user is licensed for rather than waiting for an admin user to allocate applications. This would also be great if it could install cortana, onenote, onedrive etc. I want to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base