Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dynamic group rules needs Management Name device attribute associated with it

With the inclusion of the Management Name property, I believe a device attribute should be created that is associated with it allowing Dynamic Group Rules functionality. I would like to create dynamic group criteria based on the Management Name I associate with a device. For example: (device.managementName -contains "MyCustomManagementName")

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Management Name discoverable during search to add members device manually to a group

The addition of the Management Name was very helpful, but the name that gets entered into that field needs to be discoverable by searches. In particular, I have a group that I would like to manually add some devices to, but I am unable to search by the Management Name to be able to add them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Configuration Profile installed on device

It would be nice to know when a configuration profile has successfully installed (configured) this profile on the device. The results/status shown in the Intune portal are not correct (Intune - Device Configuration - Profiles - Select Profile - Device Status shows succeeded but when you look on the device the profile in fact has not actually installed or configured. When you look at managed policies under work/school account - info - managed policies it does not list all managed policies that are derived from the configuration profile within Intune.

Just looking for consistent results so that appropriate planning and…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. can't add 15 Digits IMEI using csv but can add it manually

When adding corporate identifiers by using a .csv file the IMEI numbers can't be 15 digits long. Only 14.

Adding them manually works.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow user modifications to after a device feature home screen layout is applied

Device feature home screen layout - allow user to uninstall apps, and change their home screen layout.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Block Personal Device Enrollment by Default

Instead of personal devices being able to enroll when Intune is first enabled and ending up with a large list of personal devices that you have to remove. It would make more sense to block the personal device enrollment as a default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. View password configuration on enrolled devices

We would like the ability to query Intune for password settings of enrolled devices. Settings include:

• simple password

• password length

• inactivity until screen locks

Currently, you can query Intune for information like:
    - phone number
    - serial number
    - discovered apps

Why not password settings?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. NativeScript Intune support

It would be great if Microsoft provides out of the box Intune support for apps created thru NativeScript framework.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable app inventory

I'd like to be able to disable app inventory for corporate owned devices. I don't need this feature and I want to be able to provide more privacy for my users.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Push mail profile with custoom properties to iOS and Android

We want to deploy multiple mail profiles (native mail app) other than the users own. For example if user A is allowed to use the mailbox of user B we want to push the mailbox of user B to user A's device. Therefore we need custom user properties where these settings come from and the possibility to link these custom properties within device configuration policy.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Intune API should be available

If we will have to intune API(user, groups, device) then we can create their own dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Own Dashboard according to Groups

If we create a dashboard according to us then we can make the dashboard according to the client requirement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tracking the Device

Tracking should be available because we want to know which time user login this device and which turn off/on the device.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Native support for Desktop Analytics for AAD Joined and Hybrid AAD Joined MDM Only managed devices

There should be Native enrollment for Intune enrolled devices similar to ATP onboarding. Either a Device configuration profile, which includes CommercialID, AllowTelelmetry(with LimitEnhancedDiagnosticsDataWindowsAnalytics), and AllowDeviceNameInTelemetry. Or at least an article to onboard using a PowerShell script which can be deployed via Intune.

Currently even if devices are manually configured with these settings they will not appear in Desktop Analytics without an SCCM collection association.

This and similar analytics for Office 365 clients are big ticket missing items for the successful management of the Modern MDM managed devices, and the Windows/Office as a service platform.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve the basics

First of all, I like Intune but there are a few things that are truly irritating. My number one issue is time delays. Time delay has worked against me for the following:
    1. Device in Intune (iOS) DEP enrolled, unable to add to a Azure AD security group because the device name has not updated from Intune to Azure AD. Azure AD will call my iPads "iPad" for some random amount of time, where as Intune call the iPads "iPad-SERIAL". But when you add a device to a group it has to be the Azure AD name and if there…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Version History in Intune configuration

Version History in Intune is needed to prevent mayor incidents if a configuration profile is adjusted by accident.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add file to device home screen

Some organizations would like to have the ability to have an offline file such as a PDF or and file type pushed to the device.

something like emergency contacts or instructions in case of a disaster.

Airwatch, and MaaS360 have this capability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto update the enrolled devices ownership based on corporate device identifiers

The corporate devices identifiers listed before devices enrollment allows them automatically flagged as owned by company : Ownership = "Corporate".

The enrolled devices ownership are also well flagged for devices enrolled by using Apple DEP, Samsung Knox or other corporate programs.

Update the enrolled devices ownership is a manual task and can only be performed for devices one by one (no bulk capabilities) unfortunatly.

A soft-match capability between "listed corporate devices" and "enrolled devices details" will be very helpfull and a good improvement from Intune.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Naming Devices by setting terms and conditions

Prompt users to change their device name during or after enrolling the device in Intune i.e. It is very tedious task for administrator to change the devices name enrolled in bulk so I think there must be some condition which admin can trigger from the portal which prompt user to change their device names and the same should get reflected in Azure AD devices list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base