Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Managed Endpoint Protection for macOS devices

Please offer managed endpoint protection for macOS devices, like SCCM offers with SCEP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to transfer license file to device

Some mobile apps like AntiVirus require user to enter license code or MDM to deliver license file to Android device. It would be important for Intune to be able to deliver both app AND license file related to app to device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OMA URI reporting, does not list enforced value??

When issueing a custom URI deployment to devices, it is easy to see a report, and whether the URI has been deployed.

In the report, there is no assertation from Intune, listing of the enforced Data type, and Value.

This is particulary difficult when sending 20+ CSP component policies in a profile, and the report for that profile deployment does not show everything.

For sakes of compliance, it seems like an oversight, not to incorporate that required detail into the report!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device

Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device. I met this bug on an iPhone 5c device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s what I think you’re saying, and tell me if I have it wrong -

You create Terms and conditions. You enroll an iPhone 5c and accept the terms. You unenroll the iPhone. You re-enroll the iPhone and you are asked to accept the terms again. If that’s true, that’s a bug, because the terms are recorded per user so when you’ve accepted for one, you’ve accepted for all.

However, if anyone modified the terms and incremented the version, you have the option of making everyone re-accept the terms, even if they previously accepted.

If you can repro this, being sure the terms haven’t incremented with forced re-acceptance, then yes, that’s a bug we’d like to check on. Can you confirm?

5. Allow use of additional device properties for Dynamic grouping

Are we going to be allowed soon to use additional device properties in the Dynamic grouping queries? There are a bunch of properties being collected (like isEncrypted, enrolledDateTime, PlatformID, etc.) , you can see them by looking at the data returned from MS Graph queries or the Intune Data Wharehouse, but when you try to use them the group will not save.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Assign policies and apps to users but not all devices of the users targeted

I have a customer that deploys applications based on User Groups. So per application there is a usergroup (e.g. ap_notepad) but that user has multiple devices with the same os (in this case Windows).

Intune tells me not to mix device and user based groups for exclusions. But what I would like to see is the possiblility to target an application to a user group and exclude certain devices.

For example: Application A is assinged to the usergroup AP_APPLICATION_A. The user has his normal device for everyday work where the application should be installed mandatory. He also has a development…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters.

Looking for Complex password setup in our organisation which includes Alphanumeric and special charcters. Rigth now we just have strong PIN to define. Can we get this option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Device Compliance Policy setting 'Maximum minutes of inactivity before password is required' options are limited to 1 minute, 5 minutes,

The Device Compliance Policy setting 'Maximum minutes of inactivity before password is required' options are limited to 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours and 8 hours.

We require "2 minutes" as an option.

Could options 2 minutes, 3 minutes and 4 minutes be added?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 950XL enrolled into intune but intune cannot identify its operating system

I have my 950XL enrolled into intune but it cannot shows up on the all device list. I can found it under my user's device list but I found that it cannot identify the operating system. So is it a bug or something need to be updated? I have checked on the company portal app and I can get this device on the list and also able to rename it.

BTW, rename the device on the app looks like not able to reflect on the intune admin system. Is there any plan to make it sync?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit an existing Device Configuration Profile

It would be useful if we can edit an existing device configuration profile. Right now all types are greyed out after saving the profile. If there is a company approved request to adjust one option (i.e Password limitation), we cannot go back and edit the type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Intune should allow alternate phone numbers for the IT Admin contact to accommodate regional users

Current scenario of a single contact number to be shown to all users is not suitable for enterprise customers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. devices organization

we should be able to organize Devices in Intune just like devices in AD by group or Organization Unite

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Misspelling in MDM Authority notification

After selecting "Configuration Manager MDM Authority" under Choose MDM Authority, there is a misspelling in the notification that pops up. Please see attached image.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. retire/wipe and report

It would be nice if I could instead of retire and wipe mobile devices at same time, to have the choice to either retire or wipe as well as retire/wipe. Also once the device is retired, I would like to run a report that would show me the devices that were previously managed by intune and who they belonged to, instead of losing that information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The wrapper gets an out of memory exception

I was attempting to use the 3/9/2015 release of the
    Intune App Wrapping Tool for Android, but got an out of memory exception during the process. This was the build I was using and the notebook this was running on had 12 Gigs of memory installed.

https://cloud.box.com/s/gpx5oqbuqtspzhdr5kweavifpdfrnthf

This was the output of the exception:
    PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Intune Mobile Application Management\Android\App Wrapping Tool> Invoke-AppWrappingTool -InputPath C:\apps\androidApplication.apk -OutputPath C:
    \packagedApplication.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Users\varungupta\apktool\framework\1.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\apps\androidApplication.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Users\varungupta\apktool\framework\1.apk
    Cleaning up unclosed ZipFile for archive C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use MDM configuration for Multiple Domains using single Intune console which organization uses common mail server for all 5 Domains.

How to use MDM configuration for multi-domains which organization utilize single Intune console and company uses common mail server for multiple domains however there is no federation between those multi-domains.

Any one can assist me how can we integrate Intune for multi-domains environment?
    Here is the situation which company uses different domains login ID for windows login but common mail server foe E-mail transaction want to go for EMS/MDM/MAM deployment using Intune.

Please let me know if you have defined solution or work around solution to achieve this requirement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exchange Online Policy syncing issue

We are facing delay(3-5 hrs) in replication after user is been added to security group , while removing from security group is immediate action within (5 min), need to minimize this time for this one way syncing issue -- waiting for Microsoft to debug this problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. InTune portal Quick device search for users Display Name/UPN/Primary SMTP email, not just by their device name(default - iphone).

Currently in Intune portal(old and Azure) you can only search for a device by the device name. It would be an improvement to be able to find a device direct from the Intune devices area by searching by the users Display Name/UPN or Primary SMTP address.

The 'device name' for many will just be a default one such as 'iPhone' so will return 1000's of results and does not make it easy to quickly find a device from the console to manage it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Paging Capability

The UN needs Intune to provide:
    1) Basic Paging or voice-to-voice and group live audio paging to Skype for Business users. All users of the system can participate in making and receiving basic pages.

2) Advanced Notification or a full-featured emergency notification solution that gives the operator the ability to reach an unlimited number of Skype for Business users with text and live or pre-recorded audio messages. Its features include emergency call monitoring, recording and notification. When an emergency number is dialed from the central Intune portal, a text and audio broadcast can immediately be sent to the a team,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Intune API Create Notification Templates & Locations

Extend the Intune Graph API extend to allow the creation of Notification Templates via JSON, as it appears these can only be created in the Azure Portal at the moment. The same for Locations too:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/actions-for-noncompliance

You can presently link to existing NotificationTemplateIDs but not create a new template (as far as I can tell):

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/intune_deviceconfig_devicecomplianceactionitem_create

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base