Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. device configuration deployment types

Device Configuration - Create different deployment sets
    - Policy - Required setting that the user cannot modify
    - Preference - Default settings that the user can modify. Doesn't reapply unless settings changed.
    - Run Once - pushes a setting only once

and the option that under each device configuration on the device or user page to re-push just that setting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dark mode

Please allow the ability to force light mode or dark mode in iOS. We have some LoB apps that look bad in dark mode, so we'd like to make sure they use light mode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Device Actions Needs More Information

I tried to rename two of our iPads (which I have successfully done before) and they failed. I went and checked Device Actions and it simply says that it failed with no explanation of why. Audit Logs has more details when you click on an entry, however this was successful. From what I can tell Audit Details is telling me I successfully submitted the request, however Device Actions tells me the action failed to complete. But there is no details.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Phone owner should be in control

For BYOD scenario, Intune should be designed so the owner of the phone is in total control of what capability they want to authorize. Only if there’s agreement between them and the IT department would any data be exchanged (both way). Similarly if either party decide to make a change, if the agreement is broken, then all data échange is stopped (and possibly existing data could be removed, as long as it complied with original agreement).

Device owner should also have the ability to audit what was done with their device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to remove/customize which pages are displayed when enrolling

We’d like the ability edit/remove the language (or just the option to remove the pages individually) on the first two pages of enrollment, "Set up Company Access" and "What can Company see?”.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you attach a screen shot of what you want to change, on all platforms you’d want to change it? Some screens in enrollment are controlled by the Operating System and some aren’t, so it helps to have pictures. Or if not that, if you can include the exact text for each platform, that would work.
    Thanks!

6. Ability to recover deleted user/device/policy/profile.

It should have the ability to recover deleted user/device/policy/profile at list till 24 Hr

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring me back im Lost

Maybe there is a possible way to displays on a device a message to the display, for all device types like iOS, Android and Windows. If yes maybe you can display a message like bring me back to: blabla I'm lost. it is not always stolen devices and you can save money to buy a new device. When that message comes or I can run this like the same way as wipe a device, after a few days/hours the device will automatically wipe, this days/hours you can set in the Properties of the console. the message to display you can…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Version History in Intune configuration

Version History in Intune is needed to prevent mayor incidents if a configuration profile is adjusted by accident.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow manually place device in quarantine

Allow an administrator to manually place a device in quarantine in Intune standalone without needing to remotely selective wipe the device.

Some circumstances may occur that you want to block access to corporate data. (virus, billshark, misusage device, based on inventory)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit device membership options

When adding a device to a group, it would be nice to have the option to use the SN or have the AN visible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Block Personal Device Enrollment by Default

Instead of personal devices being able to enroll when Intune is first enabled and ending up with a large list of personal devices that you have to remove. It would make more sense to block the personal device enrollment as a default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Intune Connector for Exchange and NDES connector to be installed on the same box

When installing the Intune Connector for Exchange on the same box as the NDES connector for Exchange they both try to use the named pipe 'net.pipe://localhost/WIEC'.

In a large environment there is a lot of effort/security scrutiny required to allow a host to bypass SSL inspection and permit the connectors to work. It would be helpful if both connectors could run from the same host.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to see a policies apllied to a device or something similar.

Being able to see the policies applied to a device and not just the last synch time would be very helpful from a testing standpoint and allow one to not spend time wondering whether or not the newly created policy was actually synched.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces gener

Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces generated. We like to give the device a meaning name. We disabled the possibility to change the device name for a standard user (not admin). In the past there was an opportunity to change a device name in intune, but this opportunity has disappeared a half year ago.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Push botton

Intune need the ability to push an update from a device.
    A botton in Intune with the same funktion as the Check compliance in the Company Potal App.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate Devices in Intune Portal

OK so when looking at the Intune Portal in the Admin Management Center, it is a jumble of Devices/Names. Is there a way currently or please for the love of god make it happen:

Have the ability to Filter between ALL iOS or ALL Android, or have Separate Tab's for each.

Currently from what I can see and do - it is a sloppy mess and needs to be cleaned up big time. I asked a Intune tech a couple of weeks ago if there was a way to do it and he said no...This needs to be implemented as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. select device configuration profiles to be applied on the device during enrollment if device is not compliant

if a user enrolles an e.g iOS device in intune and the device is not compliant, all assigned device configuration profiles are applied on the device. it would be good to be able to select, which configuration profiles are applied if a device is not 100% compliant to avoid e.g certificates or email profiles are downloaded to the device

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Preventing Factory Wipe Loophole

As far as I can see, there is no way to prevent users from factory wiping iOS managed devices. In our environment, we are using DEP to enroll our devices, and then have device restrictions that prevent the user from performing a factory wipe from the Settings. However, if a user puts in an incorrect PIN, the device will factory wipe. I do not see a way to turn this off, only to adjust the number of incorrect PIN inputs from 2-11. Can there be an option added which will allow the device to be locked instead of wiped?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. automated enrollment when staging PC's with MDT

Automated enrollment when staging PC's with MDT would be a great feature. The possibility to add an extra step to an MDT task sequence. i know that there is a GPO for domain joined devices to auto enroll but for AAD only devices i don't think there is anything available

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Increase the device check-in limit (current 25/hr)

While enrolling devices for a customer we ran into an issue where the device would stop receiving commands from Intune.

After support looked into the logs the found a limit of 25 check-in's over a 1 hour timespan and suggested a uservoice to get support to increase this number.

Impact;
    Intune Service has a throttling limits of maximum of 25 checks in an hour. This may include the check-ins initiated from install request of available apps + end user clicking checking compliance from the company portal + regular device check ins as per schedule.

Support can identify this issue by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base