Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wipe multiple iOS, Android or Windows 10 devices simultaneously (with schedule option).

Mark multiple devices and wipe simultaneously. Also have the possiblity to add a schedule.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. InTune needs to provide a MCRO-VPN protection to on premise data.

InTune needs to provide a MCRO-VPN protection to on premise data that the applications are using.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Firewall enabled status to Windows 10 Compliance Policies

Large corporations who wish to enable a BYOD workforce may be hesitant to proceed without more device compliance options in order to grant or deny access based on a devices compliance status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add report or log which shows compliance Mobile Management in Office365.

We have implemented mobile management and rolled out policies to IOS and non-IOS devices. However there is no report or log which shows compliance or any transgressions. At the very least, the Compliance Report should show this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Managed App-Preview fucntion does not support User-less devices

For the managed apps Preview-Installation Status function mentioned,
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/troubleshoot-app-install
    , it is confirmed that only User-Associated devices are supported, user-less devices are not supported(for example Android Kiosk devices). This function for user-less devices is also needed as for customers, they also have Kiosk devices. Please evaluate and check if this can be supported

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow two seperate on prem exchange organizations and active directories to the same intune account

I have two active directory domains and two on prem exchange orgs. Both my companies are on my same EA agreement. There is a two way transitive trust between the two domains and they both sync to my one azure ad. I need to manage them both through intune. This is stopping the roll out of 550 global devices on windows 10 mobile to replace blackberry and 150 BYOD devices on Good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. View where a device is getting settings/app assignments

It would be beneficial for us if there was a section in which we could see where a device is getting a setting or an app assignment from.

Currently, if there is a mystery app or restriction on a device and you do not know where it is set, you have to work backwards (checking assigned user groups or device groups etc) to discover where the app is assigned from.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can you get OS X device management to work?

I've just enrolled an OS X device into Intune and Intune isn't recognizing that it's a Mac. Strangely, a new device did show up, but the Name and Operating System fields are blank.
    As far as I can tell Intune isn't really a fully baked product which is a real bummer, even the support folks I talk to scratch their heads and are a bit clueless.
    :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Introduce MDM patterns

I would suggest to introduce standard (settings) patterns for small customers like us (in my opinion the number of settings, the impact of each of the setting and the potential interference with other settings is much too big and too complex).
    Another option is to introduce wizards to define settings for the different types of devices by asking whether or not a device type is allowed and with what level of security (low/medium/high) predefining a number of standard settings.
    I think that will help in reducing the potential number of incidents and requests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ability to send non-compliance notifications to ITadmins only

It could be a good option, please, set up the notification of non-compliance device for the IT admins only.

In a large company with 200 users, not all the users can read or focus on the intune notification when the device it is not in compliance. By default, you should choose to who send the notification. The only IT admin on the subscription should be the first option, and then select if you can advise to the final user too.

Thanks in advance.

Juan Pablo Sanz Sanchez

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pre-Release support for iOS and Android updates

We have to be able to test the SCCM upgrades for Intune before iOS and Android OS updates are officially released. This maybe more of an internal process or could be just a perception, but it felt like Intune did not have true ZERO Day support for iOS 10. Even though MS announced support for iOS 10 on 9/7 and Apple released iOS 10 on 9/13 that would give IT only 6 days to test and upgrade their SCCM environments to support those devices. We could not enroll any new devices in the environment at the time. Hopkins is reviewing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Corporate Yammer in the Outlook app or pushed in an app group.

In Outlook MS has added integration with OneDrive. I would like to add Yammer to this. Along with the ability to configure OneDrive and Yammer accounts from the Outlook app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enroll Black Berry Z10 devices with BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync

Customer Uses Stand Alone Intune for their Office 365 MDM Authority with Conditional Access with iOS and Android devices.

Customer also has a BlackBerry BES12 MDM Authority on premise and has added the Black Berry users (who use BB Z10 devices) to their Exemption list allowing them to enroll devices with ActiveSync to access mailboxes on Office 365.

Customer would like to see a way to enroll their Black Berry Z10 devices through the BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync while allowing their iPhones and Android devices to still enroll through Intune added as functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customers facing dashboard about the “state” of a device so that preventative maintenance can be monitored

I'm looking for a customer facing page that I can give my customers as an admin. They can find and support their own stuff if they had information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lack of " Mobile authorized by Admin for enrollment" feature.

Hi, Intune lack of having a featureto to obtain from the Admin the authorization to enroll. Any enrollment should be authorized, because there are users having 2 devices or more and we want to enroll some specific devices e.g.: those that are COD only. For mobile devices it should be based in the IMEI by first place, but Intune should be able to "authorize to enroll" them using other filtering rule e.g. only W10 mobile devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When we save settings within a policy or config profile let us set time and date for when it will apply

This will give us the ability the apply the setting but make sure we can inform users about the change for instance stronger password requirements and when this will take place.

Take it a bit further, email targeted users for the specific policy automatically with a template message about the change as well *** with date and time where it will take place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add third Operating System version option for compliance policies

We need a third option so customers do not have to manually remember and to update version numbers in Compliance polcies. The preffered way would be to always support the two newest OS versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow camera use for authentication but nothing else

Intune doesn't have this option available when the camera is disabled the end user cannot use the camera for authentication. where Jamf has this option available.
    Is that something Microsoft looking into this feature in the near future? Where users only use the camera for authentication and nothing else?

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unable to remove a user from O365 MDM

After testing O365 MDM, we removed all policies, devices and users from the MDM group that was created for testing. However, 6 months later, the test user is still being prompted to enroll in MDM when logging into OneDrive for Business app on any mobile device. I opened a support ticket and they put the user back into the MDM group and put the group into the global MDM policies exception list. That stopped the alerts to the user to enroll but said that you cannot remove a user from O365 MDM once they have been enrolled previously. So now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Glen, I talked to our engineering team and they said that doesn’t sound right – if you take the user out of the group, the policy should not be applied and the user should not get prompted to enroll. (And much as we’d love you to buy Intune, we don’t want you to do it just to resolve this issue!)

Would you be able to give me the support case number so I can look into this?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base