Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Android: Lock the ability to remove the Android work profile but not Kiosk mode

End users can potentially remove the work profile under Android Enterprise. Is there a current way of keeping the device user associated but locking the ability to remove the work profile. Do not want to use Kiosk mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see containerization feature

so that all things managed by intune come under one umbrella for User friendliness and easy to manged and apply the protection ,better separation of user personal data and corporate data,currently whatever apps,links are install via intune displayed on user screen rather than within one Intune container

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable app inventory

I'd like to be able to disable app inventory for corporate owned devices. I don't need this feature and I want to be able to provide more privacy for my users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically identify owner of device during enrollment.

I am missing the ability to automatically identify the owner of the device during enrollment. It is most likely that the person enrolling the device is the actual owner of the device. The users have to go through a lot of steps to enroll their phones. To install apps from the company portal a user needs to be identified on the device. When this do not happen automatically, the user need to go through even more steps to install apps. I opened a ticked with Microsoft, but the case got resolved with the following note : This is by Design…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Diagnostics settings feedback

Feedback for log categories to whitelist for Intune > Diagnostics settings

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clarify the language used within Intune and the Company Portal app when a user is selecting the option to do a complete wipe of their device

The current language displayed to a user when a full device wipe and restoring to factor settings is not quite as clear as it should be. The language needs to be very clear that all data and apps will be removed and it will be completely reset. I have received this feedback from customers where they are implementing Intune and felt a little more information and clarity is needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simplify the onboarding process by providing config options on the different informational/disclaimer pannels.

There is to many informational/disclaimer pannels during the onboarding process. For company managed domains, it would be nice to provide options for customization of the various pannels according to the user experience we decide to provide to our employees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MDM Locking down for public settings

We have a partner that is using Intune as an MDM. Some devices are locked down for public use. I am wondering if there is a way to set a pin number on a device and then lock it down to the users cannot change it by themselves… This is a little counter-intuitive based on the purpose of the MDM, if we could either;
    1. Lock out access to Settings for the device
    2. Disable password/Pin from being required and set
    3. Disable it from being reset

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to see a setting added in Intune that gives the ability to allow/disallow changing local admin passwords.

I would like to see a setting added in Intune that gives the ability to allow/disallow changing local admin passwords.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In Office365 you can't switch off "non-trusted TLS-connections not allowed". This is only possible in a paid Intune account.

In Office365 you can't switch off "non-trusted TLS-connections not allowed". This is only possible in a paid Intune account. Why would I pay for an Intunes account if the settings are part of O365. Either include the option in O365 MDM or remove the setting from the MDM profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include Expense Management out of the box, without having to use a third party service

Expense Management should be included right out of the box, without needing an additional paid subscription to a third party service. Intune's current offering for Expense Management is not a solution to this problem or request.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include TeamViewer subscription

Purchase or partner with TeamViewer to simply include their service in intune subscriptions. There is clearly a well defined working relationship but I would prefer to just have it entirely integrated into the Microsoft subscriptions and services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow windows update to mobile devices over 4G network

is there a way organisations can manage the rollout of windows update and App Updates via the 4G network to the lumia mobile devices. enforced and managed via a Intune group policy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Corporate vs Personal Device Tagging - automatic

Have a configurable default for a device to be registered as Corporate (without having to do IMEI upload / DEP / etc). As it seems, to get all the inventory I want/need, I'll need to tag every device as corporate owned, regardless if the user brought it in as a BYOD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to Copy n Create existing policies, Profile, CA so that it will be very helpful for our testing purpose. As it would take less time.

Okay, so we need to keep on deploying wi-fi profiles every 3 months and we have to create new profile every time, however we need to change only SSID and password. Secondly for our testing purpose we also need to test existing CA , compliance policies etc. with minor changes to test the behaviors. So if we we will get the ability to Copy and create the existing policies for above mentioned purpose that would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if all OS's behave in the same manner with app delivery \ installations.

It would be great if all OS's behave in the same manner - ie; web apps on all devices will install as a icon on the home \ app screen. From a customer \ support \ documentation point of view - it will be confusing for users to have one experience on a Android & a completely different experience to access the same app via iOS \ WP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. bulk enrollment capability for AAD registered Intune

bulk enrollment capability for AAD registered Intune, for companies that are not AAD federated/AAD joined, have multi AD forest. we need a script bulk enrollment to intune.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deploy intune Enterprise on device with their IMEI saved in O365

When user connect to O365 to synce email, MS save IMEI of the smartphone....O365 is also able to wipe device....so does O365 can push intune portail on device registered.....
    I don't speak of "conditional access"....
    I want an automated installation of Intune portal on my devices.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Phone owner should be in control

For BYOD scenario, Intune should be designed so the owner of the phone is in total control of what capability they want to authorize. Only if there’s agreement between them and the IT department would any data be exchanged (both way). Similarly if either party decide to make a change, if the agreement is broken, then all data échange is stopped (and possibly existing data could be removed, as long as it complied with original agreement).

Device owner should also have the ability to audit what was done with their device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base