Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Corporate Yammer in the Outlook app or pushed in an app group.

In Outlook MS has added integration with OneDrive. I would like to add Yammer to this. Along with the ability to configure OneDrive and Yammer accounts from the Outlook app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enroll Black Berry Z10 devices with BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync

Customer Uses Stand Alone Intune for their Office 365 MDM Authority with Conditional Access with iOS and Android devices.

Customer also has a BlackBerry BES12 MDM Authority on premise and has added the Black Berry users (who use BB Z10 devices) to their Exemption list allowing them to enroll devices with ActiveSync to access mailboxes on Office 365.

Customer would like to see a way to enroll their Black Berry Z10 devices through the BES12 process but block direct device enrollment through Active Sync while allowing their iPhones and Android devices to still enroll through Intune added as functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customers facing dashboard about the “state” of a device so that preventative maintenance can be monitored

I'm looking for a customer facing page that I can give my customers as an admin. They can find and support their own stuff if they had information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some IMEIs are coming up with spaces and the corporate identifiers only allow specif format of IMEIs to be uploaded so this causes issues

Some IMEIs are coming up with spaces and the corporate identifiers only allow specif format of IMEIs to be uploaded so this causes issues with identifying corporate devices since the IMEIs don't match.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow adjusting Device Configuration Enforcement

When creating a device configuration, please add a section that will allow us to specificity if the policy is

• Run Once

• Run on Enrollment

• Preferred - New default but user can change

• Required - Forced setting for user/device

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lack of " Mobile authorized by Admin for enrollment" feature.

Hi, Intune lack of having a featureto to obtain from the Admin the authorization to enroll. Any enrollment should be authorized, because there are users having 2 devices or more and we want to enroll some specific devices e.g.: those that are COD only. For mobile devices it should be based in the IMEI by first place, but Intune should be able to "authorize to enroll" them using other filtering rule e.g. only W10 mobile devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Block intune Enrollment Outside Company network for Windows/Mac and mobile device

Protect the device registration from Outside Company network

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make software application version settings as compliant settings in intune”.

It would be great to set the devices to not compliant when certain applications chosen by the admin are not updated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When we save settings within a policy or config profile let us set time and date for when it will apply

This will give us the ability the apply the setting but make sure we can inform users about the change for instance stronger password requirements and when this will take place.

Take it a bit further, email targeted users for the specific policy automatically with a template message about the change as well *** with date and time where it will take place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Intune need to improve in CA and App Protection Policies

The policies which are been created and assigned & the targeted apps which are selected in the list sometimes do not work. Getting the pop up as the app is not managed , please check this issue why it is occurring.
    The preview mode options available in the CA need to be released soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add third Operating System version option for compliance policies

We need a third option so customers do not have to manually remember and to update version numbers in Compliance polcies. The preffered way would be to always support the two newest OS versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unable to remove a user from O365 MDM

After testing O365 MDM, we removed all policies, devices and users from the MDM group that was created for testing. However, 6 months later, the test user is still being prompted to enroll in MDM when logging into OneDrive for Business app on any mobile device. I opened a support ticket and they put the user back into the MDM group and put the group into the global MDM policies exception list. That stopped the alerts to the user to enroll but said that you cannot remove a user from O365 MDM once they have been enrolled previously. So now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Glen, I talked to our engineering team and they said that doesn’t sound right – if you take the user out of the group, the policy should not be applied and the user should not get prompted to enroll. (And much as we’d love you to buy Intune, we don’t want you to do it just to resolve this issue!)

Would you be able to give me the support case number so I can look into this?

13. Corporate Devices Applications Inventory

Hello,

I deploy intune for many organizations and a question that I have everytime is to disable the applications inventoring even when device are enroled as corporate.

I think would be pretty relevant to allow the possibility to NOT inventoring the application, even enroled by IMEI or serial.

What do you think about it ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Upgrading to New Device Allows Unmanaged Access

I'm new to Intune and have confirmed with my 3rd party vendor the "feature" I'm about to describe is currently functioning properly. In my opinion this needs to change.

I don't know the behavior with Android yet, this was only just discovered with an iPhone device.

User gets new phone, backs up old phone, activates new phone, performs restore.

The management policy did not get loaded to the new device, but Outlook app was installed. User was only asked for credentials and was then allowed unmanaged access to corporate email.

I'm sure there are issues with how iPhones do restores…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Managed homescreen rotate

Managed homescreen needs to be able to rotate. (when using tablets)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow use of additional device properties for Dynamic grouping

Are we going to be allowed soon to use additional device properties in the Dynamic grouping queries? There are a bunch of properties being collected (like isEncrypted, enrolledDateTime, PlatformID, etc.) , you can see them by looking at the data returned from MS Graph queries or the Intune Data Wharehouse, but when you try to use them the group will not save.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Split activation time and date into two separate columns in reporting

When running a report on all the users that have been added to Intune I see the EAS activation time column. Since that column has the date and then the time, unless you do some manipulation to the data in Excel you can't sort it by date of activation.

This could be easily fixed by splitting the columns into EAS Activation Date and EAS Activation Time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Encryption field delay in reporting to Intune Admin Console

There is a delay in the Intune admin reporting console that shows an encrypted device that does not have the Encryption field set to Yes and still showing as compliant. 24 hrs later the device will show as being encrypted for that field. This is too long of a delay.

From Microsoft: Our escalation engineers have reviewed this issue and it is happening because some random latency in the reporting for that particular value. iOS devices are encrypted during enrollment, it means that Intune will always recognized the device as complaint once the device is enrolled and has a pin…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add ability to run a report for a specifc period of time

Most reporting I have seen allows you to run a report for a certain period of time.

This needs to be added. Especially when people are tracking enrollments it would allow you to run a report on a specific day, week, month, or whatever.

This is a pretty basic part of reporting and would be great if it could be added.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base