Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice - Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intune Device Wipe Warning for IOS

While implementing Intune for our IOS devices, we have noticed there is no warning when your device is about to be wiped if you have entered your device password wrong too many times.

Would it be possible to add this as a feature Intune, warning users if they enter their password wrong one more time, that their device will be Enterprise Wiped.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notification when deleting group attached to a deployment

It would be useful to have a notification before deleting a group that is attached to a deployment before you are able to delete it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assign Different MAM Policy Based on Device Ownership

Most user have more than 1 devices. Corporate or Personal ownership. It would be great is for corporate devices, I can set to not apply copy and paste restriction but need to apply this restriction for personal devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable app inventory

I'd like to be able to disable app inventory for corporate owned devices. I don't need this feature and I want to be able to provide more privacy for my users.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Force the synchronization of devices in an AAD group

When I deploy an application to an Azure AD Group, I would like to
    Force the synchronization of every devices just with one click.
    Actually i need to synchronize each device one by one to force the sync.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option in Intune to limit/restrict the amount of mailbox content that is available on the Outlook mobile app

Currently, the Outlook mobile app is capable of viewing the entire mailbox contents of an Office 365 account. A user can open the inbox and scroll to the bottom where they are presented with a "load more messages" option. Once tapped, this provides the user with more messages, allowing them to go back several days, weeks, months, etc. Intune doesn't currently have a way to restrict the amount of content that is made available to users on the Outlook mobile app. It would be nice to have an option to limit up to 1 week worth of data (for example)…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dynamic Device Categories

It would be nice to be able to automatically set category during enrollment based on other criteria such as the user job title, department or just by the upn.

By doing this the user does not need to select category manually and we can automate groups and profiles based on this.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Log Analytics-intune

log analytics- add intune app data and device configuration policy data so that we can create dashboards to show for groups of users what apps they have installed and for those same groups of users the compliance policy status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save Administrator View Preferences

The columns and views by default are not useful. What's even more annoying is when I change my view to something that's helpful to me, it is not preserved at next login, everything is reset to default. Considering Intune is a cloud service I would expect that Intune should be able to save my view preferences to be used wherever I may login from.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Do not auto install iOS LOB apps upon update of exiting application when set as "Available"

If you deploy an iOS LOB app as "Available for enrolled devices" the user needs to go to company portal to install. However, once that application is deployed and you update it, it then automatically deploys without prompting of user. This will disrupt someone using the app and force the new version. This does not happen with Android devices. If set as "available" and not "required" it should respect that attribute always.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ability to hide Device Categories

I would like the ability to hide Device Categories. I use them with dynamic groups in order to provision devices. I have a standard group to 'build' a Kiosk device because Apple permissions force me install apps then give them permissions (such as camera). I then switch the category to something that has a KIOSK policy applied.

The issue is I really do not want the users seeing 30 categories when they enroll their devices.

Please add a check box that 'hides' the category during enrollment, but allows an admin to change to that category to get policies.

Yes, you…

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Preventing Factory Wipe Loophole

As far as I can see, there is no way to prevent users from factory wiping iOS managed devices. In our environment, we are using DEP to enroll our devices, and then have device restrictions that prevent the user from performing a factory wipe from the Settings. However, if a user puts in an incorrect PIN, the device will factory wipe. I do not see a way to turn this off, only to adjust the number of incorrect PIN inputs from 2-11. Can there be an option added which will allow the device to be locked instead of wiped?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. a way to search the corporate device identifiers list also by description not only by the code of the device

give us a way to search the corporate device identifiers list also by description not only by the code of the device, with filters and sorting also on the description it would be easier to manage the device lists

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. See minimum iOS version a setting supports

Intune should show what the Minimum iOS version is for different Profile/Policy settings.

The competition shows this, and it is a very useful feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide the feature to deploy third-party wildcard cert or self-signed cert to Android via Intune

Trusted certificate profiles have always been meant for Root and Intermediate CA certificates. Can we make it available to use Intune trusted cert profile to deploy 3rd wildcard cert & self-signed to devices?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically group devices

Hi Team of Microsoft,

I hope in this momento you are well.

I have a question

¿How can I group devices in intune automatically and not manually if you have almost 8000 mobile devices distributed in 80 groups,
    without using the device category option?

Thank you for your help

Greetings

Zoi!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Intune - Default Calendar/Contact/Mail Account on iOS devices

The ability to set the default calendar/contacts/mail account when an iOS device is enrolled with Intune.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. to have information about classification of application (4+,12+,17+)

have the classification of an app to be able to filter (for example in discovered app ) to see if users installs application 17+
    and to do somes kpis..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Intune Device exports fewer columns

Previous exports fielded over 30 columns. Has anything changed recently?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base