Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Upgrades (1511) via Intune

The Windows 10 1511 Upgrade is not available via Intune. We use Intune as our Update Management platform (small business).

I thought that the Windows update functionality in Intune should be like a WSUS in the Cloud. With peer-Distribution in Windows 10 and in Intune before it should be possible to not overload our Internet line.

If this should not work by design then please Microsoft state clearly which of your products is designed for which Scenario.

595 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      43 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Manage BitLocker

More and more we have clients who are getting all they need from Office 365 services. They no longer need servers or Active Directory. We often see the need to deploy BitLocker to these machines, which is currently a fairly manual process. I'd like InTune Standalone to be able to deploy and manage BitLocker without Active Directory or an Enterprise Agreement. Even if we had to pay a couple extra bucks per user, it would be 100% worth it. The other supposed cloud-based full disk encryption products are not very good, so I think it's a big opportunity to make…

527 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        18 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Automatically deploy Intune PC Client for Azure AD joined computers

Not entirely sure if this belongs here, or in Azure AD, however....

From reading the documentation, it appears that the for Windows 10 Enterprise PCs, they can be managed automatically upon joining the Azure AD domain as mobile devices only.

For corporate issued PCs, it would aid SMBs greatly if adding the Intune PC Client can be done automatically upon joining the PC to Azure AD. This would lower IT department's involvement in issuing new devices, so that company administration could just buy (for example) a Surface Pro and hand it to a new employee, along with the Azure AD/Office…

444 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          18 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow clients to check in more often than 8 hours

It'd be nice to push out software more quickly than what is currently available. The current setting only allows 8 hours as the minimum time.

81 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            noted  ·  0 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Remove duplicates

Every time when you rebuild (reinstall Windows and Intune client) a corporate PC witch was already managed by Intune a duplicate computer record is added to Intune database. Now we manually removing duplicates every month. Can you automate it?

72 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow apps to be uninstalled / blocked remotely

Given the list of software in the inventory, I would like to be able to remove software that has been installed by the user, and block it from being installed in the future.

56 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations

Intune lacks the equivalent of the group policy setting "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations".

There are many mission critical environments where we're only able to force updates 1-day a month during a very specific maintenance window.

With this setting, computers should only install updates after deadlines have passed and updates become mandatory.

54 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  9 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Automate Windows updates release cycle (automate pilot -> production)

Add ability to auto approve updates to pilot (test) computer group and in two weeks to all other computers

40 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Improve the Application deployment capabilities for Windows

Now with all the new features of Windows 10 and Intune as the no. 1 cloud management for this platform - there are so many things missing in order for application deployment feature to be a full solution.
                    1. Add the ability to edit existing source files of applications
                    2. add detection methods by registry VALUES or file VERSIONS like SCCM
                    3. more deploy options rather than just MSI\EXE (bat, cmd, vbs, ps1 etc...)
                    4. add application dependencies...

I think that in short, I can say - make the application deployment features of SCCM (that are perfect) to be available…

40 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yeah, Intune developed along a separate path. When we brought them together to add MDM to Config Manager, you still get all the deployment features in ConfigMgr, running in that “hybrid” mode with an Intune connector. But it doesn’t change the “fat” client you use for PC management. On the other hand, since Windows 8.1 came out, there’s been a lot less emphasis on the “fat” client because you can manage 8.1 and 10 using the built-in MDM client (also called the OMA-DM client).

• Active Notification/Prompt to Restart to Update

Have a configurable prompt indicating that a restart is required. Users shouldn't have to click on this passive icon and then have the option to restart now or restart later.

The option "Allow logged on user to control Windows restart after installation of scheduled updates and applications" When set to yes: "Prompts the logged on user to restart Windows when required"

Yet, I receive no prompts. Just a passive icon - not even a balloon. Additionally once I hover over it there's an indication that a restart is needed. I think it would be helpful having it prompt and request…

33 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Remote Wipe Windows 10 PC's with Intune Client installed

Currently if you install the Intune Client on a Windows 10 PC (other OS's as well perhaps, I haven't checked), you lose the ability to "Remote Wipe". The only option is to Retire the device.

Intune Client should give full management to include Remote Wipe. What happens if one of my mobile users loses their device? I have no way of remotely wiping this. I know this can be achieved if they are "enrolled" rather than client, but why not same features?

30 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Linked users column

Within Intune you link devices to users. But when we are in the overview of the devices, there is no column to view which device is linked to which user. We need to open the device to view that information. Is it possible to add this column to the devices view?

28 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Hybrid Intune/SCCM client

Have the intune PC client and SCCM client merge. This would allow one client install for devices that are BYOD or Domain joined. This could also eliminate the IBCM setup in SCCM and allow for more accurate patch compliance and application deployments for customers world widewith mobile workforces. The would also not force the customer to choose if a machine goes Intune or SCCM. Inside a domain its 100% SCCM, external to domain it would leverage intune for patching and applications. An option in the console could also be set where you could create a collection and specify if you…

21 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Warranty lookup to major IT vendors.

It would be great to have Dell, Lenovo, HP system warranty looked up for all systems.

20 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Manage Windows Server with Azure would be nice. Then mobile devices, clients and Server are in one program.

Manage Windows Server with Intune would be nice. Then mobile devices, clients and server are in one platform. Exspecialy when you use Azure, you don't need an additional WSUS or SCCM.

20 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Add device name and linked user to malware email notification

You have got to add the ability to send an email every time a user gets malware. The email needs to have the Computer name and Linked User in it. Right now I can only see the Malware name.

18 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Allow installs to be repaired

Too often it seems that "one or more agents are not installed properly" on my client computers. The client computers don't seem to be aware of this though, as trying to install the software on them reports that the software is already installed.

It would be nice to be able to "repair" an install of Intune without having to go through the whole process of uninstalling and re-installing the agents.

17 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Custom Alerts in Intune

I would like Intune to allow me to make custom alerts that are emailed to admins. For example, being able to get emailed a list of devices that haven't been updated in the last 21 days.

14 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Support for OSX

It would be great if Intune could manage Mac OSX computers directly via an agent. This is already possible for PCs.

Many of my clients are small companies who run a mix of Mac OSX and Windows PCs. They are too small to run System Center Configuration Manager. It would be great if Intune could manage OSX without relying on System Center.

14 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • URL Filtering on PCs

URL filtering on Mobile devices , Laptops, PCs

since Intune has endpoint protection. we would like see a URL filtering function on the PCs /laptops and Mobile devices where Intune client should be able to block or allow websites defined in the policy.

we are able block or allow website while the devices are on local network, but when it come to laptops, it is always moving with users so we don't have the control on it.

currently url filter function is available in TrendMicro but it has limitations.

Please consider this URL filter function for the future

13 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base