Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow MDM targeting of apps/policies

Have the ability with MDM managed Windows 10 desktops to filter application targets, i.e., x86 versus x64 targeting. That way MSI's don't have to include both binaries.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dublicate entities in monitoring

See more info: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce4b7f37-811c-4143-ac94-c729cdaed9bf/dublicate-entities-in-monitoring?forum=microsoftintuneprod

Whatever I deploy (Apps, profiles, scripts), I see often dublicates when looking at monitoring. I never deploy stuff to both users and devices, but only one of them. Still I see this behavior. It creates lot of problems for us, if I say we have 1000 devices but 2000 entities in monitoring. Seems that this is by desing or a bug?

I only go to Device Install Status and I see both, one for System and one for User. In this case, app is deployed to devices. So the device is being dublicate.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Intune Apps list should display its VPP token in a column

Intune will populate the list of Apps when a Apple VPP tokens is synced. If you have multiple tokens, the apps are duplicated with no way to identify which token they are associated with. If a token expires or is removed it will affect all of the available apps. If I need to force an uninstall, which app do i choose?

As a work around I manually added the associated token name into each app's Notes field in order to id them. but what a pain! 30+ apps?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One Note with MAM Policy

We are planing to Deploy BYOD but via MAM the less no of apps are avelible. Please add One not aswell ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Intune Software publishing app.exe is not working in corporate domain laptops or desktops

I think we may need to design the Software Publishing app.exe as a webpage upload's. So it is like just browse the package and click upload. Can have whatever options in the next pages in Publisherapp.exe can have webpage kind of stuff.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Moving this to the ideas forum. It sounds like you want a completely web-based experience to upload software you are trying to publish. There were security issues with doing this in the Silverlight console. But if you can supply more information about what’s not working in corp domain laptops or desktops, that might fall into either “bug” or “support case”. If you’re blocked on being able to upload software I’d suggest opening a support case, since they will be able to either help you or determine it’s a bug.

Support is free for Intune! https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn646963.aspx

6. Apple VPP Apps - Display License type in assignment summary

Currently, it isnt possible to see the license type of an Apple VPP sync'ed app without drilling into the Assignments and choosing "edit".

Assignments and License type

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Changing an app's dependencies should trigger new installations

When an application's dependency is changed from Dependency A to Dependency B, the installation for Dependency B should be automatically triggered on all devices that have the application in question.
    Admins should not need to create groups that include users that have the Dependency A in order to target them for Dependency B (current workaround).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. iOS application update

Please allow the ability to turn on/off application updates on a per-app basis.

Your competitor(s) can do this.

In Intune it must be done for all apps or none. A more granular approach would be very helpful.

See attached for examples (one from a competing product, and one from Intune).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bulk approve applications from Developers like Adobe and Microsoft

Microsoft Store for Business Needs to have an ability to Bulk approve applications from Developers like Adobe and Microsoft.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Intune admin to delete app categories

The Intune admin should be allowed to delete any categories not being used, including the following default categories created by MSFT:
    Books & Reference
    Business
    Collaboration & Social
    Computer management
    Data management
    Development & Design
    Other apps
    Photos & Media
    Productivity

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop deployment if error on x of the first 10 computers

Stop deployment of PowerShell scripts, Client Apps, Policies if error on x of the first 10 computers. X can be defined per element.
    Could be very usefull in avoiding major failures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to quickly/exclusively add the Microsoft mobile apps to Intune

It would be nice if there was a separate section in Azure for Intune to easily add/manage the mobile suite of Microsoft apps for Apple and Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. schedule microft app usage in days of the week

This is an app scheduler idea where users can use the apps for free if they schedule app use through a calendar with a one day per app or more per week. How this works:

Choose a day of the week
    Choose which APP
    Validate choice
    Verify current day progress as in hours of the day
    Activate choice

Interface components:

Listbox1
    Listbox2
    Checkbox1
    Progress bar1
    Button1

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MDM Cache deleted after Win10 1709 upgrade, making MSI Repair difficult.

When upgrading to Win10 1709 we are some times (see attached files) presented with the Windows installer when launching an Win32 app that was installed by an MSI. This is probably so that the app can re-register or repair itself after the upgrade. However, it's unable to find the MSI from C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\mdm, the cache. Is it some way we can retain cache so this is not an issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to create a Policy to enable/Disable Autosave in Office 365

Via Traditional GPO, there is an option to Turn on or Autosave at a Tenant Level to all users.

The default Autosave function on, is causing the company major headaches, the ability to set in a Profile Configuration would be a major bonus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. can select browser or open in Edge

My company created a site.
    However, I cannot add by add app > web links
    nor add App > Googled managed play > Web app
    I'd like to add Home Screen and open by 1 click

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Full windows version number in App overview instead of major version only

I would be grateful if in the App section the full version of the installed Windows version would be noted. Today I find the major version - e.g. 10.0.0.0 - only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to set different display name for apps in Company Portal

Please make it possible to set a custom display name for apps in the Company Portal, different from what we name the apps in Intune\Client Apps.

Admins like me would like information about architecture, version and language right in the name (no way to filter/ view properties like that in the list), but this info is not needed for the end users.
    We also use special characters in order to sort the list of 100+ Client Apps, because the Azure Portal does not allow filtering/ sorting on any other property than Name. Looks silly for the end user when an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Alert [Closed] email notification

When an alert for a Service to Service connector is opened, or new, admins receive an email alert. The service issue is often automatically resolved and the alert is closed automatically. Can the closed notification also be sent to the admins so that there is no need to perform any action on the original alert?

Exchange Cannot Be Contacted
    Source: Mobile Device Management
    Path:

Type: Exchange Cannot Be Contacted

Description
    Mobile device management is unavailable because the Exchange Connector cannot contact the following Client Access server

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft Managed Home Screen add an always visiable virtual home button.

Currently you need to swipe up to show the home button, that swipe doesn't always work for all users, especially those with special needs. Adding an always visible option or the ability to use the phones soft keys would help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base