Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add PowerShell support to manage the service

It would be nice if PowerShell was supported to manage the service.

673 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we move away from the Silverlight console and into the Azure Portal, we can now provide you with a Graph API for Intune, similar to the APIs you may be using with other Azure services. The Intune Graph API enables access to Intune information programmatically for your tenant, and the API performs the same Intune operations as those available through the Azure Portal.

For more information, see https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/intune_graph_overview

Here’s an example of using PowerShell to call Graph API for Azure Active Directory.
      https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/paulomarques/2016/03/21/working-with-azure-active-directory-graph-api-from-powershell/

If automation was your main priority and you don’t care if it’s PowerShell or not,  I encourage you to move your votes away from this and onto other items. I’ve created a new Graph category so you can tell us what other things you’d like to see regarding Graph automation.

• The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing)

The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing). Basically the same as in the Azure Portal. Need to track who did what and when

361 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Push notification of user via sms, email or message on screen

Abitity to warn a user via a custom notification via sms, email or message on screen.

334 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          noted  ·  12 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Can we have a feature to check the logs of Intune like who logs in and tasks performed on the session.

Can we have a feature to check the logs of Intune like who logs in and tasks performed on the session?
          This will help the Admins like us to check if anything goes wrong. Software packages got disappeared from the Intune site.

90 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            10 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Intune Reporting on W10 OS Update

Currently Intune cannot sufficiently report on what particular Windows 10 OS Update a device may be on. Are there plans to enhance the Intune Reporting engine to execute the reports which contain information about the W10 device OS Update revision?

74 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Telecom Management

It has emerged that one of the areas of concern raised by a client is around functionality to manage mobile data costs which we cannot do in Intune, It would be good to get some feedback from the Intune product group on whether there are plans to include the telecom management in future releases of Intune.

With the exponential growth of mobile devices, organizations need an effective way to track and monitor voice, SMS and data usage. Excessive usage can be a huge cost to organizations, and paying for an under-utilized service plan is wasteful. Monitoring telecom usage as well…

70 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am changing this to “started”. We have some of the elements in the new Azure portal, but the end-to-end solution isn’t all there yet. Also, it will only show up if you have a tenant that is on the new Azure back-end. If you create a new trial tenant it should be there, but we will be migrating existing tenants over the next few months.

There is more information about telecom expense management in the docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune-azure/configure-devices/set-up-telecom-expense-management-service-in-microsoft-intune. When we have the full solution, I’ll update the status here.

• Allow Help Desk role to Retire/Wipe Device

The Help Desk node lacks one of the basic features that help desks do, remove/retire a device. In our previous MDM (AirWatch) we had the ability to delegate this task. As we are migrating our local administrators are wondering why they can no long do this simple feature.

43 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Intune admin app

Add an Intune admin app to iOS/Android, similar to the O365 app on iOS/Android.

29 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Report Customization

Possibility to create Custom Reports like SCCM

26 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Option to assign device to group

There are a handful of options when looking at a device, like "Create group for device", but not to assign the device to a group. Currently, you have to go into the group and then assign the device.
                      This is would be the same in AD, as adding the user to a group, but not being able to group to a user !
                      So, a request to have a right click or menu item, when focused on the device, for "add to existing group"

25 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        4 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Customizable timeout values

The selectable values in the policies "Minutes of inactivity before password is required" and "Minutes of inactivity before screen turns off" are static and doesn't match the selectable values on the device operating systems. Need to write a customizable value here (for instance 2 minutes).

21 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Intune admin console fails to load in Edge browser - states that it needs Silverlight when newest version installed

Title says it all.

Runnign Windows 10 enterprise latest build, fully updated.

Just downloaded Silverlight and installed it again to ensure it was up to date.

Still getting the error that states you must have Silverlight installed.

Come on guys.....this is silly.

12 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup. Edge decided not to support Silverlight. Intune admin console still uses Silverlight. We’re working on a change but nothing to report yet. I’d merge this into “replace Silverlight with HTML version” but you’re already a supporter for that one in the Ideas forum.

• Add force sync from device feature

Add a feature on the device page to poll the device for updated information.

Things like if the name of the device or the phone number changed, it will force InTune to update the device information.

I was testing this and I can;t find a way to have the device update to the new phone number.

11 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Show last logged in user more easily

I basically have no idea whose computer is whose in my lists, our names are generic, but showing the last logged in user on that main devices list would usually tell me enough.

10 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Able to refresh the selected quadrant only, not the whole page

Why don't we have a quadrant refresh button inside the console so the individual location can be refresh instead of having to press F5 to repaint the whole screen. It will be very handy when managing Apps for example.

10 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Devices reporting under multiple categories (A/S managed and Intune)

Why are devices managed by Intune also showing up in the managed by ActiveSync section? This doesn't really help separate the devices at all since any device with an email profile pushed out to it is now considered managed by ActiveSync.

Devices managed only by ActiveSync should be devices that are not managed by Intune as well. There also shouldn't be multiple listings for a single device if they have the profile pushed out to the device using Intune as well as using the Outlook app. If someone manually adds an email address and the device isn't managed by Intune,…

9 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • The Microsoft Intune portal should have an option to remove submitted task

When a remote task is stuck in the queue (for example it keeps running, but it never finishes, because a computer has crashed) there should be an option to remove that task from the portal.
                                    Otherwise if such a scenario occurs, the entire feature of remote tasks isn't functioning anymore because all other task are queued and waiting for the first task to complete. In my opinion this is a very urgent problem.

8 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Allow dashboard to be edited

The dashboard should be customizable. I would like to remove all the links to websites like the what's new link as it really doesn't provide me with much in terms of daily use.

I would also like the ability to add quick links to get to things like a full device list or links to particular reports.

8 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Search for computer by linked or logged in user

I'd like to be able to find a computer based on knowing whose machine it is or what user is logged on, in the search box.

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Wake on LAN native Windows Intune

It would be very interesting if Windows Intune work with Wake On Lan , so it would be possible to schedule updates outside the labor schedule. The machine would connect to upgrade and at the end could turn off . The final impact would be much better .

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base