Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to exempt certain apps to allow MS apps to receive data from other apps

Be able to add apps as exempt, similar to the ability to exempt apps for “Allow app to transfer data to other apps”.

Currently the inability to exempt apps from which Microsoft apps can receive data from limits users ability to open documents and links from other corporate apps (i.e. Workplace by Facebook) into MS apps.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deploy LoB MAM apps via MAM WE instead of MDM

I want to be able to deploy LoB apps that are not available in the relevant stores, to Android and iOS devices via MAM WE (MAM Without Enrolment). At the moment I have to enrol the devices into Intune.
    I would like to manage the data on the devices rather than managing the devices themselves.
    I think MAM WE is fantastic product, I just need this functionality to be able to migrate to it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide default applications

Hiding default applications that are installed on devices that are no use for a company's day to day activity.

E.g Samsung applications

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. update logos on managed mobile apps in intune

Assigning mobile apps in Intune is easy, and it's nice that I can just assign the managed apps without needing to add the apps my self.
    Unfortynately all managed apps are missing logo images in the company portal on the mobile device and I'm not able to add a logo myself in intune.
    At best I would like the logos to appear automaticcaly for managed apps. If that's not possible I would like to be able to add logos myself.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to have MAM policies be applicable to all apps by default

It would be useful to have an option to have MAM policies be applicable to all Apps by default. So basically an All Apps Radio button is required.

Currently we have to select which apps the MAM policy covers, but as MS makes more and more Apps MAM-ready we have to update the list of apps the MAM policy covers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Block Screenshots Windows 10 Desktop"

"Block Screenshots Windows 10 Desktop" we have the option for Windows 10 Mobile, but not for Windows 10 Desktop, the idea is block screenshot, screen captures and print screen in a general way, like ScreenWings that is a Anti-screenshot solution, but a Native way, Maybe we can add this to App Protection Policies for Windows 10 Desktop.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Conditional Access Policy "Require app protection policy" support for Teams mobile app

Support Microsoft Teams mobile app for use with 'require app protection policy' access control in Conditional Access policies.

Currently only OneDrive, Outlook, Cortana, and Planner are supported.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/concept-conditional-access-grant#require-app-protection-policy

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. iOS/Android native mail client to work with App Protection

Hello,
    Please allow to use App Protection policy with iOS/Android native mail client.
    Native mail clients do support Modern Authentication, so why not then use native mail client and use it with App Protection?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Applications missing Intune SDK

Currently a lot of applications (Android, I assume it's true for IOS as well), require Intune SDK integration.

As soon as you enable MAM in your environment, supported apps become isolate from other company approved apps such as Google Translate or Microsoft Translator (even app owned by Microsoft). What is the point in this case of Company approved apps? if they cannot receive company date if explicitly permitted.

I would suggest providing a different way of integrating Android apps in the Intune ecosystem. I don't expect all app vendors will integrate their app with the Intune SDK, which limits the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. App Protection Policies should also apply to guest accounts

Hi,

we noticed that App Protection Policies are not applied to our guest user accounts.
    This would mean, that we have to either monitor our data within Cloud App Security or block access to mobile apps for guests entirely.
    That not how collaboration should work :D

If there is similar idea, please feel free to comment. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MAM policies not applied when Organization change operation in Teams

Currently, file can transfer when changing organization in teams app (iOS). I think this is by design. But fact is my organization data can't protected, against MAM policy setting. It is very useful that prevent file transfer when changing organization in Teams App.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Policies which behavior differently on IOS and Android devices.

We know that for some policy settings(for example, the MAM app protection policy setting: allow app data transfer to other apps), they will have different behaviors in IOS and Android platform devices. Do we have a article/document which will list out the policies and their different behaviors between IOS and Android devices? This is important for the deployment and monitoring of the Intune administrator

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Full MAM Support for OneNote to allow for Email Page to function with Outlook

Currently when MAM Policy is in place for OneNote, you cannot use the Email Page function as the process is not fully supported \ limited and cannot select Outlook as the MAM Mail App to allow the data to be sent from one MAM App to the other. It currently only sees the default mail client and since that is not Modern Auth or MAM Managed it will not allow the Email Page function to be selected.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bulk delete App selective Wipe requet

Is there a method to bulk delete the already created Apple Selective wipe? The wipe requests are pending status, and we would like to bulk delete the ones which have been pending for 2 weeks.

In the UI portal, we can see the requests' creation time and delete one by one. If the UI has the filter button, to filter the creation date, and can perform bulk choose and deletion, this will be easier for ITs to manage and perform actions.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Manage checkbox and text for e-mail profile signaure

Enable/Disable chekbox "Signature" for E-Mail settings. Also get/set signature text for mailbox settings.
    When you manage signatures centrally , it is necessary to turn off the phone signarures.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use the same broker app for Android and iOS when using MAM+CA

If we use MAM and CA, we have to use MS Authenticator as anchor app for iOS, where as Intune company porta should be used l for the same purpose on Android.

We would like this to be simplified. Since we are not using Intune MDM and are only focusing on MAM policies, why cant we use the same app for both platforms ?

We have heard that Apple doesn't support use of company portal due to their proprietary architecture / sign in data sharing between apps.
    As such, Intune company portal may not be the right app for MAM…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is no Microsoft 365 admin app in Conditional Access & Intune App Protection.

The Microsoft 365 admin app isn't in the Intune App Protection & Conditional Access app, so we can't apply policies.

When will the app be added to the policy?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show the application usages Data and Time.

Which application we have the push that's application usage data and timing also should be visible for the admin.
    With the help of this feature, we can know that the user is using this application or not.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mismatch of an item of "Open Links With" in Outlook for iOS

If I restrict the browser opened in the MAM policy to Manage Browser and Edge, when users tap the URL in the Outlook for iOS, the link opens with Managed Browser or Edge.
    However, the Outlook has its own setting "Open Links With". Even if this notation specifies another browser such as Safari, it opens in a different browser depending on the MAM policy. The gap of this display confuses users.
    Depending on the setting of the MAM policy, I would like to change the notation of "Open Links With" on the Outlook side in conjunction.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MAM for Outlook contact

When composing an email, the outlook app automatically suggests contacts by inputting charactors one by one, but those suggested contacts come from both "Corporate contact" and "Personal contact". This could cause an issue that a corporate message is sent to a person who is not intended to be sent.

It would be good if you can apply MAM policy for contacts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base