Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intune Graph API should be accessible non-interactively

In order to automate tasks with Graph it is essential that scripts can be run non-interactively. Currently the Graph API requires a user login for delegated access to be able to access the /ManagedDevices/ endpoint of the API.

Received confirmation from Peter Richards that this is currently not supported.

Steps to reproduce
    Create an Application in Azure
    Populate and run this script
    $OauthTokenEndpoint = 'https://login.microsoftonline.com/tenantid/oauth2/token';

$OauthRequest = @{
    grant_type="client_credentials"
    client_id = "clientidguid"
    client_secret = "clientidsecret"
    resource = "https://graph.microsoft.com"
    scope="DeviceManagementManagedDevices.Read.All"
    }

$AuthResponse = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $OauthTokenEndpoint -Method Post -ContentType application/x-www-form-urlencoded -Body $OauthRequest
    $Token = $authresponse.access_token

#this query…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Assign mobile application to user directly(not through the AD Group)

There is the application flow:

1. Admin uploads a mobile application(mobileAppId) as a blob to the Intune web Portal and configures it.
      2. User X(Non-Admin) using his mobile device has to install a mobileAppId to his or selected User's(targetUserId) mobile device which was enrolled as well. He(User X) should have the ability to click the button "Install". After clicking the request should be created and sent to the Microsoft Graph API(Intune) or any other(if exists) API. API should send the notification back to the targetUserId's device. After the confirmation message about starting the application installation process should be shown on…

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Support exporting and importing conditional access policies using PowerShell

Support exporting and importing conditional access policies using PowerShell. This would be handy for backup purposes, but also for re-use of the same policy rules between test and production tenants.

The Microsoft Graph API currently do not have any REST APIs for accessing and creating conditional access policies: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/resources/intune_graph_overview

Also vote under Azure AD: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/19198480-support-exporting-and-importing-conditional-access

19 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Manage device information from PowerShell cmdlets

I've looked all through the MSONline module, and don't see any options to manage my end user devices. I need this information to write a connection into serviceNow, because of some business needs. I'm considering using Matt Graeber's excellent .net relection tool, decompile the cmldets and make my own!

Is there a method I'm missing to get to devices from PowerShell?

15 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • REST API to upload packages to Intune instead of web browser

As of now, it seems not possible to upload apps/packages to Intune, using sth other than your web browser (I am not talking about the horrible Silverlight-based Intune Software uploader, which has no place in this world in 2017...).

We use automated tools in our company to build or rebuild 3rd party packages and test them, and also to package our own home-made apps. Reliying on a "human" to only upload MSI files or similar, to Intune is just not scalable at all and error-prone.

Please offer a REST API to upload apps/packages from "customers local repos" to your "mmcswdb01.blob.core.windows.net"-like…

14 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              5 comments  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I checked with our apps guys, and they say you can do this using the Graph API. If you’re specifically asking for REST, the answer would be to use Graph, so I’d mark this declined. If you’re OK with using Graph, I can call this “we already have this”. Will Graph do what you need?

• Improve/offer decent REST API for all Intune features

We are still in eval phase, and are supposed to use Intune with more than 100000 laptops/desktops in our company.

This means if the laptops have a 3years lifecycle, then there are more than 100 devices that must be deleted every day from Intune DB across the globe.

Please add ability to delete devices using a REST API, based on criterias like "Last Contact Date", as it is also impossible to know if a device has been stolen/lost/sold to broker. So we must be able to extract the attributes shown in Intune for each device, like we do currently with…

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Include device serial in the /managedDevices/ data

Please include the device serial numbers for device data obtained here /managedDevices/

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base