Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing)

The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing). Basically the same as in the Azure Portal. Need to track who did what and when

390 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      6 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Searching ability by EMEI or Phone Number

We need searching ability by EMEI or Phone Number. Now, I can search by only Device Name. Changing device name is not possible under current console.

40 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Intune: Add multiple Policies / Configurations / Apps to a group

Today it is very hard to add multiple policies / configurations / apps to groups.

Please provide us with checkboxes to apply a set of polices to a group, instead of doing this one by one. This would be a huge improvement in UI.

Thank you!

With best regards,

Thorsten

38 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • when a device is 'not compliant' wouldn't it be nice if there was a clickable link to show why

Devices displayed in Intune preview can be compliant or non compliant according to the Compliant Column (Yes/No) and the details of the device. Wouldn't it be nice in cases where a device is not compliant, that you could click the 'No' and it would take you to a report, or details of what was not compliant, right now you have no idea.

36 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Setting to Started based on Stan’s comment
            “Yes, that’s the plan. We can confirm that this work is in progress, you will soon be able to see the compliance policies for the device and the setting state of the policy on the device of each setting, right from the device details.”

• Intune: Filter for managed Apps

Hi Team,

please add a filter option for managed apps in Intune.

The actual view is confusing, especially if you have more than a few apps.

It would be very helpful to have filters for iOS / Android / Windows.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Thorsten

28 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Auto Selective Wipe When an Account is closed.

When an end user account is set to auto-expire, this will also perform a selective wipe on the end user devices on the date/time the expiration was set.

22 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Ability to change Device Ownership in Stand Alone Ibiza Intune Portal

Currently with Intune\SCCM Hybrid if you enroll a device that was not pre-identified it will default to "Personal" for the ownership and you can change at any time by opening the ConfigMgr console, navigating to Assets and Compliance->All Devices->Device then right click and change the ownership from "Personal" to "Corporate".

In stand alone Intune Silverlight or Ibiza (Azure Portal) you cannot do this, while they have added the ability to "Overwrite" imported EMEI Identifiers with CSV this does not allow for already enrolled devices that show as "Personal" to be updated.

Please add the same functionality for Ibiza Intune Portal…

14 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Search an app from Apple App Store in my region

In this preview portal, the admin can only search and add a store app from store of U.S. region. It's not convenient for Non-U.S. based company, so we need to have an option to select a market of Apple App Store such as "jp", "kr", and so on.

11 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Allow Dynamic Groups to use DeviceOwner and DeviceCategory attributes

When playing around with the new admin portal i though when creating a dynamic group this is great, i have a list of attributes that i can use to filter groups down by device category, however when I tried to use device category and device owner i found that it did not work, I also found I was unable to list the attributes using powershell. It would be good if these attributes were available as it would then allow me to create more complex enrolment rules, based on device ownership and business unit.

10 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Remove Android for Work apps from Intune when they've been removed from Google Play for Work

This doesn't currently happen and is apparently "working as designed"

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Some mention of normal PC management would be nice

I'm getting worried about the direction of Intune, we started using it to manage all our PCs - inventory tracking, assigning to users, software deployment, endpoint protection, Windows updates. We were hoping for some more useful features and improvement in this direction but everything is leaning towards mobile device management, which is nice and all, but we haven't got to the point of needing this yet.

All the new features are going into managed browsers, conditional access, BYOD, enrollment... this is all great and I'm sure people need them, but we want to be able to do this normal, boring…

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Migrate hybrid tenants to the Azure portal

There are still a few portions of the Hybrid configuration that require using the web portal. Can you migrate existing hybrid tenants to the Azure portal so we can perform these actions without requiring Silverlight?

5 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Add right click options for all actions in Intune Preview

When right clicking in the Intune Preview blades, you get very very limited right click ability, how about adding right click context sensitive menus like you see in ConfigMgr on premise (such as deploy, distribute and so on), see attachments...

Why, becuase it feels so natural to an admin to right click and choose an action, that's the way it is in Windows explorer, in Apps, in Microsoft Live email, in nearly everything except Intune Preview.

5 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Filter or Sort Option in Managed Application in Intune

It would be good to have a filter or sort Option for the "Mobile Apps -- Apps"in Intune. The applist is sorted by Default, but would be better to apply filders on it for better visability.

5 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • New Exchange Connector Version Alert should contain Version and Release Notes

Whenever a new version of the Exchange Connector is released an alert is posted to the Intune Admin Console, however this alert is lacking needed details for proper change management procedures. Please add the Version Number and Release Notes information to these alerts so that:
                                1. It can be verified that the connector in use needs to be updated.
                                2. That potentially impacted processes and downstream systems can be updated, notified and monitored before and after the change is applied.
                                3. that after the update is applied, it can be verified the expected new version is in place.

Currently, the…

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Azure portal sucks.

1. Azure portal sucks. Constantly have to click on links to get them to come up. (multiple browsers and PCs here in my environment)
                                  2. Manage apps section sucks. Can’t make edits, changes, etc. to existing apps that are in the catalog. There are multiple apps for the same app which makes it confusing. Still cannot add Enterprise applications (.apk .ipa) for our company’s mobile applications.
                                  3. Random Android issues (iOS issues have seem to dissipate). Some apps think devices are rooted. Some devices that are not rooted won’t enroll. Every Android we enroll seems to act differently making it…

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • When tenant is reaching user capacity, provide a notification to the tenant admins

When the Azure tenant is reaching the user capacity, please add a feature on the back end to notify the global admins of the tenant via email to alert them. This way they can contact Microsoft to open a premier service request to extend the cap and resync the tenant.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Ability to create dynamic groups based on device.deviceType

Dynamic filters can be created based on device attributes, however the DeviceType (like "Computer" or "Mobile Device") is not possible. This would be great to have similar abilities like with the old intune portal.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console

Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console.

While Performing the Selective Wipe through Azure Intune Console it was showing the multiple device with no time period,in that case we were not able to choose the current device which needs to be wiped out.

2 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Ability to Auto Trigger Action When Compliance Policy Not Met

We should have option to auto trigger some action like email notification, device or powershell command when certain compliance policy is not met.

Like if my device is enrolled with full compliance check, tomorrow I jail broke my device. Although in compliance check my device will show "non compliant" but it doesn't prevent me to access any managed application or data. I see it is a big security concern.

Ideally as soon as device non compliant none of the managed content should be accessible.

2 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base