Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Roaming User Profiles for Windows10 AzureAD joined only devices

Now modern workplaces are moving to the Cloud much more Windows 10 devices are AzureAD joined only. When users share their devices they want to store and keep their personal user settings against all those devices.

Enterprise State Roaming (ESR) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) are some solutions in this space. However they have some limitations using Windows 10 AzureAD only connected devices. Therefore it would be valueable if Roaming User Profile management will be added to Microsoft Device Management solution.

One of our suggestions to reach this purpose is to combine the recently acquired FSLogix with Onedrive for this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to use multiple monitors with Kiosk Mode

We currently have various digital signage devices which display a simple set of dashboards created as html pages that run in Chrome full screen. The kiosk devices attached to them have multiple monitors connected to them but it is only possible to run the multi app kiosk app on only one screen. If you open multiple tabs and try and drag to another screen you are not permitted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows 10 1803 Storage Sense

Windows 10 have a great option to manage and clean storage : Storage Sense.
    It will be great to have a setting possibility to manage.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for duplicate or copy of update rings

Using Intune Update rings (WUfB), it would be helpful to allow a duplicate or copy/paste option for an update ring. If I want to create a phased approach to deployments I need to currently open 2 tabs so I can copy from one to the other manually and I only want to change one or two values for a different assignment group. This adds scope for error.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide enrollment status for Windows 10 domain joined machines

Currently, when I join a machine to my company active directory, I can do an Azure - AD sync and the device appears almost immediately in Azure. With MDM autoenrollment set by GPO, I've very little to go on apart from monitoring the failures in the event log to tell me when a device has been enrolled. Having a more interactive enrolment process or just a simple message displayed on the screen indicating that enrolment is taking/ has taken place or a systray icon or something would be most useful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow ability to Disable Bitlocker that is currently active on Azure Joined/Intune devices

Allow ability to Disable Bitlocker that is currently active on Azure Joined/Intune devices through Intune policy

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WIP autoencrypted all files in onedrive with managed corporate identity, is there anyway to exclude onedrive protection?

When we deploy a WIP policy to protect aps, the require setting has an option which need us to fill in corporte identity. The result is once done, the OneDrive files will be automatically encrypted, may we ask if there is any way to exclude OneDrive file from been protected while keeping the WIP policy?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deploying the Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise License on Windows 10 Mobile devices through Intune

I want to be able to upload the XML-license key to Microsoft Microsoft Intune, so that it can be rolled out automatically to Windows 10 Mobile Smartphones through Intunes.

The end result should be, that the end device is upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.

Currently this does not work, but also does not produce an error. It just does nothing on the mobile device.

(Tested with a Lumia 640.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Microsoft Intune could be a great platform for the Small Business IT Manager, but it is not. I

I would love to use Intune as an RMM for my 15 PC's and servers. It could be better. I am a Microsoft shop and would love to use a Microsoft product to manage my environment. Come on Microsoft you can do better for the little guy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WP8.1 not in compliance - device not encrypted

My WP device was previously working with Intune. I upgraded to WP10, but after lots of issues, factory rest phone back to WP8.1. Intune no longer works. Says my device is not in compliance as it I not device encrypted. The link to resolve the issue does not describe device encryption. Called helpdesk and they couldn't figure it out (uninstall app, remove device, remove pin, etc).

How do I get my device in compliance so I can read my email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Sorry to hear you’re having problems with this. You say you called Helpdesk – are you a user who contacted your company’s helpdesk, or are you an the Intune network administrator saying you called the Microsoft customer support line? If it’s the former, you’d need to have your helpdesk, or your network administrator, contact Microsoft support. If you are the network admin, let me know and we’ll go from there.

11. Windows 10 Intune Applications - Close applications prior to install

SCCM has the capability to evaluate running executables and close them before installing software. Can we please have this same functionality in Intune? Modifying O365 for example to add Project or Visio to a device would prove difficult otherwise, as it relies on the user to close all Office applications or the installation fails. Users in Intune would only see that the installation failed with no prompting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Speed up device configuration profile deployment feedback

Deploying new or modified configuration profiles can have incredible delays. It would be helpful if a device or subset of devices could report back quickly or immediately that a configuration profile failed or succeeded. I've waited 6-12 hours in some instances only to find I had a typo in the OMA-URI data value. Fix it and now we must wait another 6-12 hours to find out if we're still been too clumsy.

pending....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the ability to show serial numbers in the list of MDM enrolled Windows PCs in Intune.

When enabling the Serial Number Column in the list view of MDM devices, serial numbers are not shown. However, when clicking on the devices, serial numbers do exist. We need to make it so that the list view can display the serial numbers for each device and be able to sort out duplicates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give Administrators ability to lift Configuration Profiles on devices

Global Administrators need the ability to remove configuration profiles on select devices from within Windows.

Global Administrators should not be locked into configuration profile restrictions on devices.

Airwatch has this option. You can select a device, then selectively remove configuration profiles when needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Completely whipe and reinstall device when onboarding Intune

Whipe and upgrade W10 home edition device when onboarding Intune

As an educational institution we've got the right to update every version of Windows to Windows 10 education. Currently we're arranging Intune. We would be greatly helped if it were possible to onboard Windows 10 Home edition OEM devices to Intune, resulting in bloatware free provisioning of Windows 10 Education, based on the home-edition license.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Upload picture - Desktop background picture

Instead of adding a URL for the desktop background picture, or the lockscreen for Windows 10 in the Device Restriction, it would be easier if we could upload the wallpapers to Intune. The same way that we can upload our Start Menu XML. In large organisations it is too hard to find the person responsible who controls the web hosting to give them the image to upload. It would be much simpler for the Intune administrator to be able to upload an image instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To select which feature update to install

Is there a way that you can choose which feature update can be installed via WUFB

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Microsoft Intune,"block" or "block" access to corporate data,

In Microsoft Intune, I would like to be able to not only "block" or "not blocked" access to corporate data, but restrict access to certain programs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow mobile device that don't fully support ... reports may not conform

This label may be misleading. It may mean "Encryption is required, but this windows tablet doesn't support it, so it is allowed access via the 'Allow devices which can't support something' rule. But the what I see is a device where the ability to allow devices which don't support [etc] may not conform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, James,
    I’m not sure where in the UI you are. You should be able to attach a picture to the post and show me what label you’re talking about. If you could give the repro steps, starting from the very beginning of what you’re trying to do, that will give me the context I need.
    Thanks!
    Cathy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base