Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like to Push few files to users devices via intune to this location c:\Temp

Would like to Push few files to users devices via intune to this location c:\Temp

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like a feature that allow me to set the time zone at deployment.Currently I am using a powershell script as a workaround.

CUrrently while deploying with intune there is no way of setting up the time zone. While automatic time zone might work for some clients, I am behind a vpn from another country so that option will also be unusable for me.

The only way of setting the time zone as of now is by using a powershell script , this is just a workaround.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Utilize on premise Active Directory Security Groups for computer objects rather than Azure AD Cloud Only groups

As it stands currently, if I populate a security group with computer objects within on-prem AD, it doesn't replicate to Azure AD correctly. The group object is synchronized as is the membership for any user objects included within. The computer objects are stripped from the group. They show within Azure AD, but to group them I have to create an AAD cloud-only group to manage them within Intune.

It was explained to me that this behavior is by design but I'm having a tough time accepting that as truth.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto-wipe files kiosk/device on reboot or login/logout

Using restricted kiosk devices or very limited computers we'd find it extremely useful for many of our major clients within schools and education to auto wipe local files on the device on login/logout or reboot.

Today we have to complete this by scripting task schedulers which are demanding to maintain per device using thousands of devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AirServe provisioning with activation code

We are using Surface Hub, since it's not supporting iOS screen mirroring, we are using AirServer, challenge we are facing is that AirServer require activation code for activation. we raised a case with Microsoft Support where we have been told that Intune does't support AirServer provision with activation code

This is a bit of a challenge since we have more than 100 Surface Hub across 7 countries

Appreciate if Microsoft can fast track this feature

Attached is the MS Support email where they requested us to raise it here

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure AD register Device to be prevented if Windows platform is blocked

Currently once you activate Intune any employee can perform Azure AD register (Add Work and School Account) with any device even if Windows as a platform is blocked in intune. Without Intune we can choose in Azure AD what happens and if users can perform Azure AD registration and allow or block for all. I understand that this registration is mandatory for Intune enrollment but if Windows as a platform is blocked or enabled for only certain users then, device registration should be prevented for all or for unauthorized users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow userless enrollment for Hybrid Joined Devices

Have similar behavior as iOS devices where you can choose to have the device enroll in the userless state then transition to having user affinity when somebody logs into Company Portal.

The main benefit of this model is the ability to provision a baseline computer with all the baseline Intune settings and software applied before handing it over to the desired user. What has proven great about the iOS userless to user affinity behavior is that IT can keep hot spares without entangling it with some provisioning or DEM account until it's actually issued.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to block the execution of certain types of files on usb keys

It would be good if we could block the execution of certain types of files from usb keys. (.exe, msi, etc)
    Currently, we can block the execution of unsigned .exe files, but all those that are signed launch without problems.

The only other option is to completely block the USB ports.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automate Work or School Account removal & deregistration

Administrators require an automated method for the removal of Work or School accounts from Windows workstation settings; Powershell, GPO, etc. In addition, it appears it may also be required to sign users out of ID-based Office products to make this happen.

There are many circumstances in which one would desire to deregister and dejoin devices from Azure AD. A critical example is tenant to tenant migration which happens frequently during mergers and acquisitions. Most such migrations involve a cutover strategy. Using the GUI to derigister devices from Azure AD is unacceptable even for small organizations, especially with today's mobile-first remote…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. onedrive

Option to enable OneDrive storage when shared PC is enabled, why anyone would not want this is beyond me! It has meant I have had to create my own policies to get around this but not ideal

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Factory Reset in Windows should actually preform the reset.

Currently when we initiate at factory reset, the device reboots into recovery mode and relies on the user to complete the reset process. Factory reset or remove company data should not require user action.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft outlook Intune app for windows mobile

I switched over from iphone to Lumia 950....great to work with windows mobile outlook mail and other apps.
    Main reason for switch was continuum great feature !!
    However...since office 365 introduction by my employer..mail, agenda are no longer available. Reason not "Intune supported". Should I go back to IOS or android ?? Or will office 365 be truly supported for mobiles

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. passwordless intune enrollment

devices should be able to enroll without password (phone otp/sms) and then users to setup windows hello

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Locked Screen Slideshow implemented as a part of the Locked Screen Experience

To boost the corporate image it would be great to have the Lock Screen Slideshow implemented as a configuration in Intune. The same as the Locked Screen image setting in the Locked Screen Experience category. I have a request from a client and this would be a nice way to boost the corporate image for logged off machines to still show images. Example, boardroom, classroom, training room environment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Regarding the feature request for deployment apps by Intune.

When creating a new policy for Windows 10 (to set a setting related to Password in System Security) from Azure Portal> Device compliance >Policies and assigning the policy to devices, users will be asked to change the passwords the next time they enter the passwords.
    Password reset is not a required action in other OS.
    I would like you to change this behavior to not ask users to change the passwords in Windows 10 as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. see more Win info in company portal like bootinfo, Systeminfo

see more information about the computer in the company portal. In addition to device name, it may be good to add IP addresses, contact paths to any support that has been predefined via the intune portal.

more fields such as Last Boot Up Time, System up time, username logged on, os version, computer model / serial.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Win10 endpoint protection show status

Please show the Win10 endpoint protection status in the new Intune Azure portal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. progress bar or status to be shown during Windows 10 device enrolment

could we please have some kind of status/progress indicator during the enrolment of Windows 10 devices to Intune please?
    Usually we can wait anything between one and six hours just to enrol a laptop, and we have no way to tell if the enrolment is hung, frozen, or just painfully slow. Is there any way to speed that up or let us carry on working with the laptop whilst it enrols?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Lost/Stolen Mode for Windows

A Surface Pro was stolen from our company and we had no way to stop them once it was gone. The best we could do was wipe it.

We need the ability to send messages to the device, see the location, make an alarm sound, and every other feature iOS gets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need option to take remote access of any mobile device without letting user know

Need option to take remote access of any mobile device without letting user know.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base