Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support German umlaute or special characters in Win32 deployment detection scripts

When using a PowerShell script to check the user Win32-installation (detect script) German umlauts (ä, ö, ü) are not working correctly. The script uploaded to Intune is encoded in UTF8-BOM and works locally. After uploading, the script does not return the expected result.

Attached script checks for a lnk-file on the users desktop called "Archiv öffnen.lnk". A second Win32-app (configured exactly the same) checks for "Archiv sperren.lnk" and is working/detecting fine.

Intune Support [Case #:19996363] does not deal with that, as "Power shell scripts is out of Intune scope boundaries".

Please check the Intune PowerShell upload sanitising or the download…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. account picture on lock screen

It would be nice to have possibility to customize the account picture on lock screen.
    When I enroll Win 10 to Intune, on lock screen appear user's face from company address book, then user usually run away from the computer.
    In hybrid join I can disable "Theme" group via GPO from sync but rest of this group is fine.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add option to set Feedback frequency through Privacy CSP

As of August 2018, I have not found any way to enforce the "Feedback Frequency" setting (from Settings/Privacy/Diagnostics&feedback) through a CSP.

The privacy CSP (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/policy-csp-privacy#privacy-publishuseractivities) does not seem to offer this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit the Retire description text

As mentioned in https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf3b47e4-53f0-4730-9818-1dc68b52b61f/retire-confusing-description?forum=microsoftintuneprod#d9a8f228-eb2a-43dd-b084-df06a014e914

The description text for the Retire action is very confusing and contradictory. It claims "This will only remove company data managed by Intune." but in fact will AAD-unjoin.

It then states "Removing company data is not supported for Windows devices that are joined to Azure Active Directory." what does that even mean? Is it because it will unjoin from AAD anyway? And then it cannot remove company data in that state?

In fact, all the other actions (i.e. wipe, delete fresh state, autopilot reset) have various areas of overlap and unique outcomes that need to be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let me use *.domain.tld in network boundaries, instead of forcing me to use subdomain.domain.tld

I want to create a safer Browsing experience for the students, so i applied a WDAG profile to the students and added most "whitelisted" domains, such as office.com and our sharepoint to the list in network boundaries. However, i need to add all .office.com subdomains, such as to-do.office.com extra, as just adding office.com won't work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pin assigned Windows Store for Business apps to start menu

It would be nice to see the functionality added to allow Intune Admins to pin assigned Windows Store Apps to a user's Start Menu or to otherwise have assigned apps automatically pinned to the user's Start Menu.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Roaming User Profiles for Windows10 AzureAD joined only devices

Now modern workplaces are moving to the Cloud much more Windows 10 devices are AzureAD joined only. When users share their devices they want to store and keep their personal user settings against all those devices.

Enterprise State Roaming (ESR) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) are some solutions in this space. However they have some limitations using Windows 10 AzureAD only connected devices. Therefore it would be valueable if Roaming User Profile management will be added to Microsoft Device Management solution.

One of our suggestions to reach this purpose is to combine the recently acquired FSLogix with Onedrive for this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows 10 1803 Storage Sense

Windows 10 have a great option to manage and clean storage : Storage Sense.
    It will be great to have a setting possibility to manage.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide enrollment status for Windows 10 domain joined machines

Currently, when I join a machine to my company active directory, I can do an Azure - AD sync and the device appears almost immediately in Azure. With MDM autoenrollment set by GPO, I've very little to go on apart from monitoring the failures in the event log to tell me when a device has been enrolled. Having a more interactive enrolment process or just a simple message displayed on the screen indicating that enrolment is taking/ has taken place or a systray icon or something would be most useful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WIP autoencrypted all files in onedrive with managed corporate identity, is there anyway to exclude onedrive protection?

When we deploy a WIP policy to protect aps, the require setting has an option which need us to fill in corporte identity. The result is once done, the OneDrive files will be automatically encrypted, may we ask if there is any way to exclude OneDrive file from been protected while keeping the WIP policy?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deploying the Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise License on Windows 10 Mobile devices through Intune

I want to be able to upload the XML-license key to Microsoft Microsoft Intune, so that it can be rolled out automatically to Windows 10 Mobile Smartphones through Intunes.

The end result should be, that the end device is upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise.

Currently this does not work, but also does not produce an error. It just does nothing on the mobile device.

(Tested with a Lumia 640.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft Intune could be a great platform for the Small Business IT Manager, but it is not. I

I would love to use Intune as an RMM for my 15 PC's and servers. It could be better. I am a Microsoft shop and would love to use a Microsoft product to manage my environment. Come on Microsoft you can do better for the little guy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WP8.1 not in compliance - device not encrypted

My WP device was previously working with Intune. I upgraded to WP10, but after lots of issues, factory rest phone back to WP8.1. Intune no longer works. Says my device is not in compliance as it I not device encrypted. The link to resolve the issue does not describe device encryption. Called helpdesk and they couldn't figure it out (uninstall app, remove device, remove pin, etc).

How do I get my device in compliance so I can read my email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Sorry to hear you’re having problems with this. You say you called Helpdesk – are you a user who contacted your company’s helpdesk, or are you an the Intune network administrator saying you called the Microsoft customer support line? If it’s the former, you’d need to have your helpdesk, or your network administrator, contact Microsoft support. If you are the network admin, let me know and we’ll go from there.

14. Endpoint Protection should detect all AV software versions

Endpoint protection not disable when kasperksy installed pop-up displays on log on
    Users on startup get error, "this app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer" when using Kaspersky Endpoint 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook attachments wrong saved date

• Description: We're using Windows 10 devices MDM managed by Intune. If we save an outlook attachment (.pdf/word/.jpg/etc.) the modified date is the date of the received mail message. We expect that if we save an attachment from an email message on the local machine (download directory of documents) that the modified date is the date of the save action. The creation date can be the date of the received mail message, but in this case it is not. This is very annoying because our end-users are downloading documents from their mail and must import them into salesforce or another…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow Screen Timeout Policy to be increased as well as decreased

Requesting that Screen Timeout Policy go into effect and is not ignored even if a lower value is already configured. In other words, allow Screen Timeout Policy to be increased as well as decreased.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alerts & Reports

Which will show if application has been installed on enrolled device.
    Report to be Run and to show accurate date of installed applications - especially one that you can see from Control Panel.
    Also to have notification/alert when application which do not need Admin privileges are installed on device (example: Zoom Video conferencing but there are some others)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Completely whipe and reinstall device when onboarding Intune

Whipe and upgrade W10 home edition device when onboarding Intune

As an educational institution we've got the right to update every version of Windows to Windows 10 education. Currently we're arranging Intune. We would be greatly helped if it were possible to onboard Windows 10 Home edition OEM devices to Intune, resulting in bloatware free provisioning of Windows 10 Education, based on the home-edition license.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improvement in MDM Diagnostic Information Report

Hi Team, I have noticed that MDM Diagnostic information report generated from a Client PC to check what all policies are configured. It doesn't displays all the values configured in Intune. Opened a case with Microsoft and they told me that it's like that only which is a bit of issue from L0\L1 level troubleshooting point of view. Attached screenshot for same. if this can be improved to display all policies client is getting from Intune.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base