Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to manage GPOLS from Intune on windows 10 devices and deploy apps automatically!

So Basically I want to get the best of both "mobile and "devices" I don't see why I'm either able to deploy apps with the intune client and not be able to control the device (e.g. remove logon pin) or vice-versa! My suggestion is a windows 10 device can utilize both app deployment and the "policy" section of intune AT THE SAME TIME. I consider this fundamental to getting away from having to have any on prem infrastructure and still have viable PC management.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage Intune PC client devices in SCCM

Currently Intune enrolled mobile devices are shown in SCCM where Intune Client enrolled PC devices are only displayed in Intune. Management of these PCs is also in Intune with policies, applications, endpoint protection etc. needing to be duplicated in Intune as well as having them in SCCM. The point of running in unified architecture is to have the single administration point, I'm not sure why there is an exception for Intune PC clients.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Michael, I’m not really sure what you’re asking here, so let me lay out some choices.
    1) You can manage PCs and mobile devices in Intune without Configuration Manager. You use just the Intune web-based admin console. Windows 8.1 and above can be managed as either PCs (using the Intune fat client) or mobile devices (using the built-in OMA-DM client), but the recommended way is using the OMA-DM (aka MDM) client. Mac OS X 10.9 and later can be managed as a mobile client.
    2) You can manage PCs and mobile devices in Configuration Manager, which is connected to an Intune subscription. You would use the Win32-based Configuration Manager console. There are a few edge cases where you can only do something from the Intune console, but we try to keep that to a bare minimum. Windows 8.1 and above can be managed as either PCs…

3. should be able to select more than 100 devices for remote task

It would be nice to have a way to select all devices listed in a group's membership list simply looking at the summary of the group instead of having to click on the group, click devices, export to a csv then sort, and add pc-by-pc into another group (say for deployment of a certain package).

Another point I would like to briefly insert here is the fact that Intune doesn't seem to allow you to perform remote tasks on more than 100 workstations at a time, and the list glitches and returns to home after a set number of devices…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Boot time tracking

Please add boot time tracking to Intune client. This would be a very useful addon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hybrid Intune/SCCM client

Have the intune PC client and SCCM client merge. This would allow one client install for devices that are BYOD or Domain joined. This could also eliminate the IBCM setup in SCCM and allow for more accurate patch compliance and application deployments for customers world widewith mobile workforces. The would also not force the customer to choose if a machine goes Intune or SCCM. Inside a domain its 100% SCCM, external to domain it would leverage intune for patching and applications. An option in the console could also be set where you could create a collection and specify if you…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 10 Upgrades (1511) via Intune

The Windows 10 1511 Upgrade is not available via Intune. We use Intune as our Update Management platform (small business).

I thought that the Windows update functionality in Intune should be like a WSUS in the Cloud. With peer-Distribution in Windows 10 and in Intune before it should be possible to not overload our Internet line.

If this should not work by design then please Microsoft state clearly which of your products is designed for which Scenario.

712 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Detect running BitLocker encryption process

Full Microsoft Intune computer agent should recognize running BitLocker encryption process for drives and does not start restart countdown timer if restart is scheduled after updates installation.

We has some incidents, when encryption was enforced and in progress and Intune automatically restart computer. We must used recovery keyes for these drives (only BitLocker partition was accessible and unlock password or methods does not work) and after that continue with encryption.

This will be convinient for greater user experience with full PC Intune agent.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows Update for Business (WUB) for PC Enrolled Devices

Only MDM enrolled Windows 10 devices can currently be configured with the necessary settings for WUB (Windows Update for Business). It's not good-enough for this to just apply to MDM enrolled devices currently because MDM doesn't have feature parity yet with PC enrolled managemnt.

It is just as important for Windows 10 PC enrolled devices to be able to utilize WUB instead of the traditional WSUS-like updating scheme that Intune PC Enrolled devices adhere to.

In order for PC enrolled devices to participate in WUB, the Intune agent should control Windows 10s inbox Updating Client instead of using the Intune…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. User device affinity

Can you add the ability to enable Automatic Device Linking like in SCCM.

Based on the user login frequency data.

We issue our machines to individual employees and don't want to keep explaining how you link yourself to your machine.

Please can you add in User Device Affinity like in SCCM.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/gg699365.aspx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This isn’t something we’d add to the PC client at this point. If you are using MDM to manage the device, the user that enrolls the device will be the assigned user. You can change that in the admin console (unless you used DEP to enroll your Apple devices). Since this was filed under PC management, I’ll call it declined, though it does work under MDM.

10. In GROUPS section add a Software filter same as the Hardware one

in Groups > All devices, we already can create a group of device with many filters but there is no software filter.

It's interesting in this scenario for example:
    Filtering all computers with Java installed already. So I can create a dedicated group for these devices and deploy Java updates only on them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Antivirus is completely missing the "right click" option to manually scan an idividual file This is critical to scan archive files!

The Antivirus is completely missing the "right click" option to manually scan an idividual file! This is critical to scan archive files!
    Its completely missing from the Windows 10 Antivirus "Defender" software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations

Intune lacks the equivalent of the group policy setting "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations".

There are many mission critical environments where we're only able to force updates 1-day a month during a very specific maintenance window.

With this setting, computers should only install updates after deadlines have passed and updates become mandatory.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically deploy Intune PC Client for Azure AD joined computers

Not entirely sure if this belongs here, or in Azure AD, however....

From reading the documentation, it appears that the for Windows 10 Enterprise PCs, they can be managed automatically upon joining the Azure AD domain as mobile devices only.

For corporate issued PCs, it would aid SMBs greatly if adding the Intune PC Client can be done automatically upon joining the PC to Azure AD. This would lower IT department's involvement in issuing new devices, so that company administration could just buy (for example) a Surface Pro and hand it to a new employee, along with the Azure AD/Office…

815 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Batch Update Control

A section within the updates portion that shows the batch of updates you've approved to what groups. As an example, I approve updates in stages (Prelims, Seconds, then full on). Odd suggestion maybe but would make sending these out less of a hassle.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Windows 10 'Get Windows 10' button in Intune

Put in the capability to allow an admin to selectively allow users (controlled by intune group) to update themselves to Windows 10.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a suspend feature to intune

Allow an admin to suspend Intune management or protection for a period of time without the need to uninstall the product. This would allow us to do OS upgrades / updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. manage personal computers as computers?

I wish there was some kind of support for Intune to manage personal computers as computers. I run a computer repair shop and I see lots of people falling for these scams involving overseas people offering remote managed services, but instead of offering real services, they just install fake AV software and spyware, and charge big money for it too! I'd like to offer a legitimate service that includes managed AV and "light" system monitoring (health status), and Intune seems to include this, but only for Pro versions of Windows. Can Intune not run in a limited fashion on Home…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The functionality you describe is possible using the legacy PC software client; however, this option is being deprecated and will be going end of life on October 15, 2020.

See: aka.ms/Intune_silverilght_console

If you’re still looking for more MDM options for PCs running Windows 10 Home, I recommend filing feedback with the Windows team.

18. Having the ability to view display adapter information from the Computer Details filter on the All Devices page

It is currently possible to view the display adapter information when you drill down into a specific device, but it would be good to be able to see this while looking at the Computer Details filter on All Devices. We are replacing some video cards and we need to get a count on how many we need to buy, and currently the only way to see the display adapter is by drilling down into a specific system.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest a context (or right click menu) for each node so that you can quickly place them in any group

There is no quick way to place a user or computer in a group without going to the EDIT group option. This would streamline productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add custom right-click deployments for devices

Today when we want to deploy a software \ script \ anything
    the methodology is to add it to a group and then create a deployment
    we use PC management with many small features we added as a deployment. for example: "reset local account password, reset spooler, run windows troubleshooters, etc..."
    this kind of deployments need to be done once and for specific machines when a problem occurs.
    I wish there would be an option to add custom right-click deployments on computers, same as "Reset Computer" exists today.
    would be 10 times convenient for these scenarios

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base