Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show defined homepage of Edge browser in mobile app as working in Managed Browser

If a homepage is set for mobile Edge Browser app, this page should be shown on app startup and not the start page with search bar & the list of frequently accessed sites with defined homepage as icon in the top left-handed corner.
    Also when tapping the home symbol in the browser the defined homepage should be shown instead of the start page.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to apply App Configuration for Managed Browser/Edge to userless Device Groups

I am leveraging Intune to govern a new fleet of Android warehouse mobiles. These should be Kiosk devices, limited to only two web URLs installed as Web Apps. I should blacklist all other URLs, and explicitly Allow the URLs for our two web apps.

I am struggling. These are Android Enterprise Multi-App Kiosk devices. I created the App Configuration policy matching my needs for Edge, and have assigned that policy to my Device Group. Unfortunately, nothing happens and I fear it is because these policies only apply to Users. This has forced me to rethink how I am going to…

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Managed Browser Office 365 Group Support for IOS, Android

Currently, My users cannot to access Office 365 Mail Groups from Managed Browser. They need to access their Office 365 group mails from Mobile Phone.
    Outlook app is not good solution for us today. Because Outlook app does not support read/unread mail function on Mobile platform.

Please, add to support Office 365 Mail Group access on Managed Browser.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Microsoft should make the Citrix netscaler gateway supporting intune browser traffic a standard offering with Azure.

Many companies have internal sites and apps that do not support modern authentication. The Netscaler can perform that function on behalf of incoming mobile Intune managed browser/Edge traffic. This solution would be a nice option instead of Azure app proxy and help customer bridge until all sites are modern auth ready. If this Citrix gateway solution were bundled with the Microsoft Intune solution, many other companies would deploy the solution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't navigate to about:blank when clicking a tel: link

I have found the following inconsistency between the Intune Managed Browser and other mobile browsers. It’s regarding links of the type href=”tel:”.

When clicking a link of the type href=”tel:”, InTune Managed Browser opens a new window with “about:blank” in the address field, and then opens the dialer app. This causes the user to see a blank page when returning to the browser after completing the call.

Other browsers does not open a new window, they only open the dialer app – both other mobile browsers and also desktop browsers does this.

It would be great if the InTune Managed…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. block storage of credentials in managed browser

would like to block storage of credentials in managed browser so corp credentials aren't stored, but are used SSO, if possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the ability to push bookmarks or a default homepage to the Managed Browser for windows 10 users

In our school district we're trying to push our bookmarks/favorites to our students. There is no way, that we've been able to discover, on how to push out a list of favorite URLs for the school district.
    I see that there was a release for android and the managed browser, which is good, but it doesn't extend over into a normal windows 10 machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow filter by website category within Managed Browser configuration

Capability to filter by website category - games, news, adult ... instead of the actual SDK values you have to add manually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. should be able to adjust the default Kiosk Browser Zoom setting

The new Kiosk Browser (Now in Public Preview) is a good solution for W10 Kiosk machine. But it would be great if it's possible to adjust the default zoom. We use very large touchscreens and now have to continuously adjust the zoom manually and is a show-stopper

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Managed Browser and SharePoint Search Bar

Can you please make the search box stay open on SharePoint? It makes the product unusable with any SharePoint site. You have to wait 15 seconds for the page to completely load (even though its visibly loaded) until you can type in anything in search.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Webcam/Camera support from Intune Managed Browser

Multiple web apps become available for the Online Workspace that needs access to webcam/camera hardware devices from the Intune Managed Browser.

For example to upload a photo to a document management system and using videoconferencing.

A simple Online test (for example: https://webcammictest.com) says the Intune Managed Browser is not supported for webcam/camera devices.

Is it possible to add webcam/camera support to the Intune Managed Browser?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. should be able to view Power bi link in managed browser

Can’t view a power bi link in managed browser

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View Stream videos

I can’t watch MS Stream videos in the managed browser!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. iOS Open in new tab if "_blank" in ManagedBrowser

ManagedBroswer dont open new tabs even if _blank in html for iOS. This should be a feature that works out of the box.
    This feature works in all other browsers.
    ManagedBrowser for Android have this feature already.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use Azure or App Proxy with Managed Browser to Set Proxy Address or Delivery .pac

This is a feature we've already requested through the Managed Browser PG - however was asked to have it documented here as well. Request is to allow organizations to set proxy address (or deliver .pac if possible) for Managed Browser either though MAM controls or using Azure App Proxy. This is distinct from whitelisting specific sites as we want to proxy all traffic out of Managed Browser.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change the managed browser restriction policy to allow for alternative managed browsers

The Intune Managed Browser is pretty bare bones.

Intune provides iOS and Android SDKs to create managed apps, so the SDKs could be used to implement other managed browsers (i.e. a browser that implements the copy/paste restriction policies, etc.)

But the managed browser restriction policy is just a boolean, you can either require managed browser for links in managed apps or not. So you can't specify an alternative managed browser.

Why not change the managed browser restriction policy so that it allows you to specify a managed browser of your choice? This way others in the ecosystem could use the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable user friendly controls such as a Home Button

Today, Managed Browser has no Home Button so users have to go to bookmarks to go back to what we define as a home page. It would be helpful to build a "Home Button" that we can define in Intune.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block all browsers in Mobile Devices except Managed Browser

Currently, we can block access to Office 365 from mobile devices' browsers. However, it would be good to create an exception to Managed Browser.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Upload customized app logo to Intune Manage Browser

I have customized logo design for internal applications url. I want customized designed app icon to appear in place of intune manage browser icon on Intune Manage Browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Third Party cookie

Allow third party cookie in Managed Browser. Our SAAS running on SAP is not working due to third party cookie not supported; leaving us has no choice but to use Safari. It is really defeating the purpose of having to use Managed Browser. When we raise support call to premier support, it just asked us to log a feature request here.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base