Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. roaming/onedrive/cloud based browser favourites during user enrollment

when users log into their Intune/Autopilot enrolled Windows PC, everything should 'just work', but one of the key things missing is their web browser favourites if they are moving from an old device to a new one.

it's easy to train users to save all their company data to onedrive and sharepoint, but most of them wouldn't have the first clue about how to backup and restore their browser favourites so it's leaving quite a big hole in the migration process, at least for me.

It's something that could probably be scripted as a folder redirection to onedrive, but it…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add customer tags to Autopilot device information

I am thinking of a generic feature that would let us implement some missing features in Intune.

A customer should be able to add a list of tags to the Autopilot device information in Intune (see screenshot)

As soon as an AAD object is created durin enrollment these tags should be copied as an attribute that can be used in dynamic device queries. I am thinking of something like
    tag = 'SoftwareXYRing0'
    That way we would be able to add a device automatically to a group without having to code some automation script which causes maintenance costs and…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Phone-Sign in doesnt appear to work

The Phone-sign in option doesn't appear to work for Intune or GPO for Windows Hello for Business.

Please can this be configured for Hybrid Azure AD Joined devices.

Microsoft Support confirmed its not a working product yet in the portal (although the option is there).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Windows application deployment

I think Intune could really do with some work on the features that are required in order to make EM+S the cloud-first management platform that Microsoft want it to be. Along with some of the features that are five minute tasks in Group Policy but end up having to be implemented in PowerShell in Intune (I have no idea how admins coped before PowerShell support existed in Intune) it would be great to see proof that Microsoft realise that not every application is a nice modern bundle, or published into the Windows Store, or exists as an MSI that behaves…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow laptop devices to enroll without the need for local administrative rights.

None of our Windows users are local admins on their devices, therefore to enroll their device we need to log in as an administrator, update the user as a local admin, and we can then complete the enrollment process. Bypassing this would mean that we can send out instructions rather than needing to manually update the rights of the machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AutoPilot: Use CompanyPortal app to push/collect DeviceID data for already deployed Win10 computers

One of the biggest problems with AutoPilot is getting the deviceID info from existing devices that are only cloud managed.

It would be helpful to be able to pull DeviceID and Current Computer name from the CompanyPortal app installed on Windows 10 1703+ devices.

Assumptions:
    MMD Management: Intune on Azure Portal (at least migrated from silverlight) (Intune or EMS E3+ for license)
    Authentication: Azure AD Joined with at least a P1 AzureAD license assigned
    Device: Windows 10 devices that support AutoPilot (so far 1703+)
    Application: Windows Store App "Company Portal" is installed

Possible workflows -

1) Since the device is…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Configuration Status & Configuration Planning

When deploying software and configuring devices, I currently have no idea what is going on. We have been testing with AutoPilot and Intune to automatically configure laptops and install software on them, but I've no idea what is going on most of the time and I am having to use Task Manager on the devices in question to get a clue as to what is being installed and what it's status is. If there was a way of showing this in the console against each device that would be great.

Also it would be nice to be able to apply…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow EES subscriptions to use autopliot

We have been told that we cannot use autopilot with our EES agreement as it only works with CSPs.

This is of no use to many educational organisations.

Do you have plans to allow autopilot with EES licences?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Discontinue all development of Intune

I cant believe in the year 2018, that Microsoft is still using a dead technology called Silverlight as a cloud management platform for its customers end device management. I am almost ashamed to tell other IT administrators I have a client who depends on Intune as the first line of defense on all Computers and Tablets.

There is a great tale out there that migrating to Azure will vastly improve the product. I don't believe this fairy tale.

My suggestion, is to simply build all the functions that Intune is capable of and provide them directly from the Azure portal.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base