Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically update installed "available" Win32 (intunewin) apps on devices

Explanation:

1. You create a Win32 app in Intune.

2. You assign the app to a group of users as "available for enrolled devices".

3. User clicks and installs app via Company Portal.

4. You as an admin update the app binaries for the App in Intune (you replace the .intunewin file with a new version)

5. NOW THE APP SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE/REINSTALL ON USER DEVICES USING THE NEW PACKAGE

This is mandatory. This will make or break a 10k+ Intune deployment. We need this functionality ASAP, or we'll have to go with Chocolatey + AWS S3.

I realize with "required" apps, you can simply…

436 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support deployment of Progressive Web Apps with Intune

With the new Edge browser, it would be awesome to support PWAs for enterprise application deployment via Intune.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New option when deploying apps (assignment type)

It would be very helpful to have other options when apps are assigned to groups.
    Required if the app is already installed on the device
    Use case: From 10k users, half of them have app X installed already and not managed. If you want this app to be managed a re-deployment would be necessary, but only for the users that have the app installed. The number of users can change by tens or even hundreds every day. With a policy like this you make sure the app is re installed as managed only for ppl using the specific app, without…

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Win32 add OR option to Detection and Requirement

Loving the Win32 extention in Intune but missing 2 important things!

· OR rule to Detection Rules
    · OR rule to Requirements Rules

Currently these will be added automatically as AND rules. I've been working with SCCM 10 years and using its Application Model from the start. Intune's Win32 app is very close but these features are missing. For key success in Windows 10 cloud-only management this is absolute MUST :)

Please see: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c6d70d5-4beb-4181-b542-5e0ac169e35c/win32-apps-multiple-requirement-or-detect-rule-support-only-and-not-or-rule?forum=microsoftintuneprod

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Single App Mode for fully managed enrolled devices

We would need the possibility to assign one app as a single app mode on a personalised fully managed enrolled device which restricts the app to be locked on the screen when it is opened, so you can't exit the App without a passcode.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable prompts that offer to save password is not working as expected.

According to Microsoft documentation, Disable prompts that offer to save password setting for Edge browser for iOS and Android devices should be working. However, after deploying this setting to managed and unmanaged devices, the setting does not seem to work as suggested in Microsoft documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/manage-microsoft-edge#disable-prompts-that-offer-to-save-passwords

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. toast

Move toast notifications to only show AFTER application detection ran and requires installation.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow shared mailbox in app configuration profile for Outlook

When we create an app configuration profile for Outlook and enable the option for users to add only work or school accounts, they are not allowed to add a shared work mailbox. And when we disable the option they are allowed to add a shared work mailbox but also a personal mailbox (i.e. Gmail). This is clearly not as intended. Make sure that users can add shared work/school mailboxes but not personal mailboxes!

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Synchronize to GAL to all mobile devices

Make it possible to synchronize the complete GAL to all mobile phones.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add App dependencies für macOS Apps/LOBs

Add App dependencies for app deployments of macOS apps/LOBs. Actually there is no option like the app dependencies for WIN32 applications.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Win32 apps to be deployed to ARM64 (i.e. Surface Pro X) devices via InTune

32bit apps can be installed manually on an ARM64, Windows 10 device - i.e. the Surface Pro X. However, they can't be deployed via InTune as a Win32 packaged app.

This feature request is to allow Win32 apps to be deployed on ARM64, Windows 10 devices so that they can be managed consistently with other Windows 10 devices.

The current workaround is to use a script to deploy the application via InTune. While this approach works, it lacks the additional management features available in InTune for controlling the deployment/management conditions.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable (Windows) Apps

Currently, when I do not want a Windows App to be deployed to Windows devices, but I do not want to delete the App, I have to remove the Assignments.
    If I want to deploy the app again someday in the furture, I have to add Assignments again (we have assignments based on user groups and sometimes, there are a lot of them that needs to be added again).

I would be nice to just have a Disable option, so it will not be deployed anymore, but I do not have to configure anything.

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Managed Devices App Configuration as an option to add to a Policy Set

Within Policy Sets, there is no ability to add an App Configuration policy for Managed Device Application Configuration. The only option currently is Managed Applications. It would be nice to be able to create custom policy sets around our MDM devices.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Win32 - add multiple Detection method

Current option to add Detection method is X AND Y. Both must be present. We need also option OR, like in SCCM application model is now available.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Apps Policy Set to include Apple VPP Apps

I understand the App Policy Set feature is in preview. During the course of selecting apps I noticed that synced VPP apps don't show up in the list. Is this omitted for technical reason or just something that is overlooked? I've read other users raising similar issue with Android apps too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Deploying MSIX app updates via Intune must not kill the running app

1. You package a line of business application in MSIX format. I use a couple of versions of 7-Zip in my testing.

2. You deploy the MSIX package via Intune (as a Line of Business app) as a required package to your end users. The app installs fine which is expected.

3. Now package a new version of the line of business app.

4. Deploy the package as required to your end users. The app installs fine, but the problem is that it is executed with the flag “ForceAppShutdown” meaning that the application while running is killed without warnings to the end user –…
    11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Managed Google Play store app within the list of app in a policy set.

Currently when creating a policy set I can not add any managed Google Play store apps to a set.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Apps - Version column on Device Install Status to actually show the App Version

Version column on Device Install Status remains empty

If you click Apps > All apps > Select your App and then select Device install status you receive a nice report of the apps deployment status, however the version Column remains blank.

We often push new updates to a custom app, it would be nice to see which devices have the new version installed and which do not.

The App Version is actually available in Discovered Apps section under the Device Details view, so i dont know why this cannot be shown in the Device Install Status under the Apps section.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Deploy Apps to devices by Device type, Model, Manufacture ect.

It would be great if we can deploy Apps to devices types without having to manually assign devices to a security group first.

IE: If I need to assign Teams Client, My VPN Client and Cisco Umbrella to all users with Windows 10 Laptops. I could automatically Assign a scope tag to all computer of a certain make or model (All MS Surface Laptops or all Panasonic Toughbooks) then deploy the required apps to that scope tag.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow for renewal of VPP tokens without having to redeploy everything from scratch.

Currently when your VPP token expires, you get an updated one from Apple, upload to Intune, delete the old token, and then you have to go through and re-deploy every single application tied to VPP, when a simple update of the token is all that is needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base