Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to skip pincode for app if device is MDM enrolled with PIN requirement

When a device is enrolled in Intune with the Company portal, and the policy has a pin requirement, we would like to be able to skip the app pincode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add google play store to automatic import app

Add the Google Play Store to import apps to Intune, like VPP or WSfB would be nice, also to install required Apps automatic on Android Device and also allow to set a time to install the required App. If you log in to the Google Play Store direct from any Device it is possible to select an App and push it to a selected Device, i think that should be possible to integrate it to the Intune Console?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional access to Wi-Fi resources so Windows devices only get the Wi-Fi settings if they have an active up-to-date antivirus (not just M

Conditional access to Wi-Fi resources so Windows devices only get the Wi-Fi settings if they have an active up-to-date antivirus (not just Microsoft Endpoint Protection Client?)

I'd like to be able to setup the the following scenario:

High School students bringing their own devices to school. We want them to be able to add their school account to their device or use the company portal to login with their school email address. We want to be able to check any windows machine for an active antivirus product (not just Microsoft Endpoint Protection) and deploy Wi-Fi configuration if the device is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How Intune/SCCM detect apps and how to supersede them

We are tring to superseed a LOB app with a new one, but when we deploy the new app the Intune agent recognize the installed app as the new one. We are wondering how Intune agent detect apps and manage superseeding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it possible to notify users of older versions of OS

Make it easy for admins to notify end users that they need to upgrade their mobile operating system. As its very important keeping devices up todat admins need to maintain an easy channel for notifying users of older mobile OSs to upgrade the. Blocking them directlly without giving them a notification and graceperiod is the way we want to have it.

Today we have solved this with scripting but its not really the way we want to go. Extract data and get user id and send an e-mail to the user. Sending a device notification would be much more simple…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Intune Portal configuration snapshot

The ability to take a snapshot of the configuration of the Intune Portal at a point in time would help with maintaining configuration documentation, auditability, testing, and troubleshooting.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We would like to display the size of the application that user is selecting to install from Intune Portal. Currently we display 0 bytes

We would like to display actual install size from the Apple App store. This will make it easier for end users to know how large the application they are preparing to install is on their device. This way if user device is low on free space they can check free space and make room on the device appropriately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable OfficeLens working with business account

Currently if you want to use applications such as officeLens, you need a personal Microsoft account. If you want to use that apps in your business phone and you block ms account via policy in intune, you are not able to use this application, because it uses OneNote and OneDrive NOT for business.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More Samsung knox features

Adopt more Samsung Knox features... Just like Samsung Knox MDM.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We would like to be able to wipe EAS profiles on devices remotely using selective wipe

We'd like to be able to remove EAS profiles from mobile devices that are associated with the user / device that we are retiring from Intune. Currently this works only with iOS, and only if the profile was pushed down as part of policy. We'd like to be able to remotely wipe EAS profiles created by the user in the native mail app, based upon the domain name when doing remote selective wipe. Currently the only option is either the 15-step Exchange, export, delete, re-sync, block, change password option, or the full wipe, which customers will not tolerate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want to be able to search for specific details in the console - 管理コンソール画面で、詳細も検索可能にしたい

In the Microsoft Intune management console, after registering Serial Numbers, you’re able to search for those serial numbers from the top-right device search box, but ONLY the serial number. Would like to be able to search on the other parameters, too.
    Is the ability to search for other parameters (such as details and status) going to become available, and if so what’s the time frame that’s coming?

Microsoft Intuneのクラウド上管理サイトのコンソール画面で、
    シリアル登録できる画面で登録後、右上に登録したシリアル番号を検索可能。
    仕様だとシリアル番号のみの検索が対象で、詳細や状態も記入可能なため
    デバイス情報をエントリーして管理していきたい。
    詳細について検索できるよう、機能追加可能か確認したい。
    可能な場合は、実施予定がいつになるのかも含め確認したい。

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support Payloads for configuring Email, VPN, WIFI with Radius etc.

Configuring email, etc with payloads would make it easier for users to fill in the remaining information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remember user password when registering a device.

When you register a device you enter your AD credentials. It would then be great if Intune could remember that password and re-use it when deploying Exchange, VPN and Wi-Fi-profiles with authentication method username and password.
    This is a feature we used in our previous EMM-solution and it was a great user experience not having to enter your password several times.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Use the MSI ProductCode when detecting if an Application is "deployed" or not

Currently Intune only checks the MSI ProductCode to detect if an application is installed.

As a result newer versions of the MSI (with the same ProductCode but different ProductVersion value) will be detected as installed and Intune will not attempt to install the newer version. The workaround is to package updates within a compiled bat or powershell file in order for them to be deployed but this gets complicated very quickly.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370037%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. EPP and Windows update when PC/Laptops enrolled as "mobile Device"

Hi,

I am would like to understand the functionality of the Intune while enrolling a Laptop as a mobile device or as a computer.

Initially my laptop was enrolled in Intune as a computer with end point protection enabled. later for testing purpose I have registered the laptop as mobile device.

what I have noticed was, when pc/laptop enrolled as computer, The Intune will manage the Windows update as well as EPP. but when PC//laptop register as a Mobile device. all the both windows update and EPP are removed from the laptop and I was able to see my laptop…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Certified Trainers(MCT) should have easier access to Intune while teaching classess that demo Intune

I was asked by Intune support to post here. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer that teaches the 20697-2 Windows 10 course. That course has a lot of Intune content. The course calls for teaching Azure, Office 365 and Intune. There is more Intune material in the course than any of the other cloud topics. As an MCT it is pretty easy to get access to Azure and Office 365, but VERY difficult to get access to Intune without having to go through support. And even after getting access, it is only for 30 days. Which means that when I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, I totally hear you. I was an MCT before I came here, back in the old days of newsgroups – maybe we ran into each other in the virtual cafe. I’ve had conversations with the training group, and with the engineering group about the overall difficulty of labbing in the cloud environment. It’s not just the subscriptions, though that definitely a pain point. It’s also being able to reset to a clean environment without having to build it all from scratch every time. I don’t have anything to report, but know that I bring it up every chance I get.

17. Health check tool of Microsoft Intune Client.

For example,
    - Install the health of the Component
    - Connectivity with Intune Server
    - The health of the Policy
    - The health of the Update
    etc..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need option to migrate intune policies and computers to new office 365 tenant during migration

It would be helpful to be able to migrate existing intune settings across old and new office 365

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MDM Initiated Activation Lock

With iOS 9.3, EMM providers can work with Apple’s DEP servers to enforce activation lock on the device and override the activation lock if necessary.

Please enable this iOS 9.3 feature.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the Oct 2018 release, when a device is not compliant, you can create an action on the compliance policy that locks the device remotely. This is supported on iOS, as well as Android, MacOS, Win10 Mobile, and WinPhone 8.1 and later.

Does that get you want you need or is there something else still missing?

20. Search for computer by linked or logged in user

I'd like to be able to find a computer based on knowing whose machine it is or what user is logged on, in the search box.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base