Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Device Category to Warehouse

Include Device Category to Warehouse. This data is available on the portal and only exportable to csv. It would be great to have this information in PowerBI to report on as we use Category to denote business unit.

I think the data is there in "categoryID" field in the devices tab but it shows as GUID and not friendly name. Online docs say to "ignore this filed"???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Intune Data Warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin.

Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin. The website can be slow and there are issues when you are in a corporate environment where items are locked down through a proxy. Also, this would allow third party developers to extend intune administration capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The way to display the Microsoft Store for Business application as [featured app].

Currently, I am considering to set the condition that displays applications as [Featured app] from CompanyPortal App for the application which purchased at Microsoft Store for Business and Synchronized with Intune.

For instance, if you will able to select [Properties]> [App information]> [Display this as a featured app in the Company Portal]> [Yes] from Ibiza portal, it can satisfy the conditions that I am hoping for.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. data should not be saved automatically to iCloud

Outlook for iOS allows you to save contacts to the local iOS contacts so we are able to see users information for incoming calls. The data should not be saved automatically to iCloud - this puts the corporate data outside of DLP and is a security issue.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BitLocker PCR Setting Control (Enable MBAM Capability in InTune)

It doesn't appear that InTune gives you the ability to control PCR settings, we have had to modify the PCR options in order to get BitLocker to behave properly with our fleet of workstations (I've had to do this with every MBAM deployment I've ever done) Since the granular GPO controls with MBAM are tied to the MBAM client, that means we have to maintain our on-premise MBAM server and deployment even while we work to migrate all our other GPO management to InTune CSPs / MDM. Hopefully there's a plan to allow management of PCR settings natively, if not…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bitlocker Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow port information to be included in VPN profile "IP address or FQDN"

Currently, the VPN profile "IP address or FQDN" will not recognize the inclusion of a port number. When I attempt this, saving the profile fails. Yet, at least for Cisco AnyConnect, the "port" and "dtls port" key/value pairs are not honored in the connection attempt - I have attempted and verified this. In the AnyConnect app, I can directly include a port number with an IP/FQDN, so it appears that is where the AnyConnect app expects this information to be. I would like Intune to allow including this port information in the "IP address or FQDN" field as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. import approved apps into restricted apps

I want to use the approved apps feature to be informed about the installation of non-managed applications. I can import a CSV, but would like the option to import my list of managed apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mention on setup page that global admin must have Intune license

Intune Apple MDM ceritificate upload does not work.

We ran in to a proble that we couldn’t upload an Apple certificate at Intune. What went wrong is that we, as global admin, didn’t have an Intune license. In fact our admins do not have any (except MFA) at all. This is the way Microsoft teaches us in the past. Separate Admin and User logins. To setup an Intune certificate, the user who does the setup, needs to have an valid Intune license. As suggestion I think it’s a good idea for Microsoft to mention this on the setup page. As…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Divorce Intune from Azure.

Back in the day Intune was it's own stand alone product it didn't do match but what it did it did well. Now with the half baked Azure integration I think we get less functionality than we did before when Intune was it's own stand alone product. I know this idea will never materialize but I think it will be fun to see how many votes we will get for separating the two again. So please vote to make Intune Great Again! and make it stand alone once more.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable controlling Legacy Activation Client by Conditional Access on Azure AD.

As a major way to control is using AD FS claim rules at present.
    Furthermore, it would be great if the feature will able to control "Legacy Activation Client" especially for the users not compatible with modern authentication even from Azure Management Portal.
    I believe this implementation will help the user to reduce the time and effort for to doing the management operation.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to create new folders or change the apps layout on iOS devices when a home layout policy is deployed.

i need to be able to push a page with specified applications onto an iOS device, but i want users to be able to create their own folders if needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to customize cloud storage providers in App Protection - more than OfB, SharePoint and Local Storage

For application protection policies you can prevent Save As except to specific storage platforms - OneDrive for Business, SharePoint or Local Storage. Add the ability to add more storage providers.

I believe Android providers are automatically added to the DocumentsUI app so leverage these for the additional storage restrictions. Specifically I'm thinking about Syncplicity but I know there are more.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Device Limit Restriction work with AAD join

Device Limit Restriction does not work with AAD join, only workplace join.
    Why seperate these and leave AAD join out of a great feature that already exist?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. outlook android app contact interface needs easy alpha search bar

Outlook android app contact interface needs easy alpha search bar.
    Both Android and iOS phones have an easy alpha search function, but this is absent within Outlook app for Android. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Antivirus status to Windows 10 Compliance Policies

Large corporations who wish to enable a BYOD workforce may be hesitant to proceed without more device compliance options in order to grant or deny access based on a devices compliance status.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. App protection policies support for the apps that connect to on-premises Exchange or SharePoint services

App protection policies supported for apps that connect to on-premises Exchange or SharePoint services

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement the functionality to unblock the Intune registered devices.

I would like to inform you that another company's MDM service have the availability to unblock by users arbitrary and remove the registered devices by the administrator after approval as well. However, there is no function available that can be controlled to remove the registered device in Intune service so far.

In order to continue operating smoothly when transferring to Intune, please implement the functionality to control the Intune registered devices as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to override the default Start layout and prevent the user from changing it.

Add Windows 10 Pro to the list of supported systems which are currently only Windows 10 Enterprise and Education.

Ability to override the default Start layout and prevent the user from changing it. If both user and device policies are set, the user policy will be used. Apps pinned to the taskbar can also be changed with this policy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base