Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Access - Outlook Message

Make it possible to adjust and configure the message that is shown when a device is not allowed to connect to services that are protected with Conditional Access.

Legal Aspects
    Support Aspect

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hybrid Exchange on-prem and Office 365 deployments no longer supported with Intune?

It seems that hybrid deployments of Exchange and Office 365 are no longer supported together in the latest version of Intune- we are currently doing an Intune rollout moving from Mobile Iron but now there is no support for using on premise and Office 365 outlook connectors- we were planning on moving to fully Office 365 but now this has hampered our migration strategy going forward.

Are you currently developing this?
    Is there a release date?

Thank you
    James

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Detect and block Developer Mode

If it is possible somehow, please make possible to detect or even block developer mode for devices. We need to secure files stored on mobile devices and with developer mode are accessible freely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

Please change the warning message on the My Devices portal (This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it)

On the https://portal.manage.microsoft.com page, it says "This device is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't identify it", when you open from your PC that is not enrolled.

This is very misleading and is confusing many of our users. They think it is referring to their mobile device listed below in the blue box.

Could they say something like "The device you are viewing this page with is either not enrolled or the Company portal can't…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WP8.1 not in compliance - device not encrypted

My WP device was previously working with Intune. I upgraded to WP10, but after lots of issues, factory rest phone back to WP8.1. Intune no longer works. Says my device is not in compliance as it I not device encrypted. The link to resolve the issue does not describe device encryption. Called helpdesk and they couldn't figure it out (uninstall app, remove device, remove pin, etc).

How do I get my device in compliance so I can read my email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Sorry to hear you’re having problems with this. You say you called Helpdesk – are you a user who contacted your company’s helpdesk, or are you an the Intune network administrator saying you called the Microsoft customer support line? If it’s the former, you’d need to have your helpdesk, or your network administrator, contact Microsoft support. If you are the network admin, let me know and we’ll go from there.

6. PFX profile Field validation

would be nice if the Template Name field did not allow for spaces, as "Someone" could accidently add a space which will not work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Windows 10 Advisor App - Deny through OMA URI

We received an notification from Microsoft to have the Windows 10 Differ application to be pushed to corporate devices to prevent them from being upgraded to Windows 10.

Can't this be handled by Denying the GUID for Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor App rather deploying an new package to all devices. Unable to however choose on the OMA URI that can be leveraged to Deny the GUID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manage checkbox and text for e-mail profile signaure

Enable/Disable chekbox "Signature" for E-Mail settings. Also get/set signature text for mailbox settings.
    When you manage signatures centrally , it is necessary to turn off the phone signarures.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please filter "Outlook Device" out from Device Compliance view

Please filter Outlook "Device" out from Device Compliance view and device list.

The Outlook registration in Intune is Always not compliant so this is giving a very bad view of the compliance state of the environment.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fully support Outlook app with Conditional Access for Exchange on-prem

Currently I can't whitelist Outlook application for iOS/Android with Conditional Access on-premise. Please allow this so the deployment can be based on Outlook as the default mail application.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add group(s) as a field in the Mobile Device inventory Report

Right now there is no way to determine what group(s) the device belongs to in the Mobile Device inventory Report. So much for organizational reporting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add username as checkbox option to add to Device Properties ribbon

Add username as checkbox option to add to Device Properties ribbon.

Currently to see the associated user, you have to click the device and look at the output at the bottom. This is particularly frustrating for some customers who have device names which are not descriptive or in some cases, all devices have the same name. This causes them to have to scroll through hundreds of devices to find the right one that they want to view properties of.

The request was to add username to available selections as displayed in the attached photo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. IP restriction on intune + Office 365

Dear Microsoft Team ,
    There is no built- in feature in Office 365 and Intune to restrict users from access exchange online and other Microsoft service based of their location / outgoing public ip address.
    My users love to use the cloud version of office 365 , and some of them so young that they even don't know how to handle working with the local version of outlook - because they never work of previous outlook versions before...
    We are a financial company, only 4 users among our 40 need to access their email from home(!).
    The only way to…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. mobile device fingerprint integration with Active Directory

for corporate users with ADFS and Intune MDM, it would be great if we could move away from users having to regularly (weekly) enter their AD credentials and start using their fingerprint on devices where fingerprint reading is supported.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add report or log which shows compliance Mobile Management in Office365.

We have implemented mobile management and rolled out policies to IOS and non-IOS devices. However there is no report or log which shows compliance or any transgressions. At the very least, the Compliance Report should show this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow mobile device that don't fully support ... reports may not conform

This label may be misleading. It may mean "Encryption is required, but this windows tablet doesn't support it, so it is allowed access via the 'Allow devices which can't support something' rule. But the what I see is a device where the ability to allow devices which don't support [etc] may not conform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, James,
    I’m not sure where in the UI you are. You should be able to attach a picture to the post and show me what label you’re talking about. If you could give the repro steps, starting from the very beginning of what you’re trying to do, that will give me the context I need.
    Thanks!
    Cathy

17. Intune incorrectly identifies OS in Device view

Intune incorrectly identifies OS in Device view. When viewing Devices in a group and Filter is set to None correct Win 10 OS is identified...when Filter is changed to Hardware/Computer Details some PC show Win 8.1 Pro and some show Win 10 OS. These PCs were upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 ...
    Still having problems with Software reporting - not all software is detected on devices ...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hide inactive or spare enrolled devices

We have problems with inactive spare computers throwing off reporting due to failed updates or software deployments right before they were shutdown and shelved.

Until now we've only had two solutions: 1) power them up and remediate, or 2) leave them on permanently.

We'd like to be able to hide these inactive computers from the master dashboards so our Helpdesk can more easily see through the noise.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Software Publisher requires each action Sign in

When publishing new or editing current applications you're prompted every time to sign in using the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher. This is very annoying. Further I see this item in a broader perspective of improving the Software Publisher including the other user voice items related to this topic.

https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9926370-combine-external-apps-into-one-so-they-can-share
    https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9926388-when-viewing-apps-in-the-list-provide-enough-data
    https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9919752-intune-software-publishing-app-exe-is-not-working

Hopefully improvements regarding the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher won't be postponed looking ahead the new Microsoft Intune Portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After your tenant has been migrated to the Azure portal, you won’t need to use the Software Publisher to upload iOS or Android apps, but you may still need it for Windows apps for now.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2016/12/07/public-preview-of-intune-on-azure/

I know everyone wants it ASAP, but it will take a few months to migrate everyone. You will be notified when your tenant is ready for use on the new Azure portal. We appreciate your patience.

20. One Drive for Business Sync Issue Alerts

Add a monitoring alert for One Drive for Business / Upload Center sync issues. Recently had a user who reported a sync error two weeks after they first noticed it. Two weeks of files had not synced to One Drive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base