Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign Scope Tag for bulk of Devices

Suppose, the business has 1000+ devices, and they need to be assigned with different scope tag, its really painful to assign the tag one by one, so we would like a design change to allow Scope tag assignment for bulk of devices instead of one by one

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apple TV Support

I would like to see support for managing Apple TV devices.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export and import custom MDM policies in the Azure Intune portal

I have not seen the ability to export and import custom policies - both compliance and configuration policies - in the Azure Intune portal.

We have many customers where we set up our standard policies, and we have to do this manually for all customers.

The export function in the portal today just creates a csv of the view in the console, it does not export the actual policies - as far as I can see.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MDM mail profile management, no duplicate password prompt/remove app password requirement

When a mobile device (specifically iPhones tested at this point) is enrolled into 365 MDM, you have the option to control the mail profile on the device.

When this option is ticked, after enrolling the device through the company portal app, we would expect the mail profile to be complete and require no further interaction from the users.
    This however, is not the case, and the user is prompted for a password from the native mail app on the phone.

When MFA is not enabled on the account, the standard account password works.
    When MFA is enabled on the account,…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, James, I see your comment. I sent you mail out of band using the UserVoice “contact subscribers” feature, but that doesn’t show up in the conversation on the public site. But if you’re having problems reading that mail, here’s what I said:

Have you already opened a support case on this? If so, can you reply to this mail with the support case number so I can look at the case notes? If you haven’t opened a case, that’s what I’m going to suggest next, so they can look into what’s happening.

5. Microsoft edge on android and IOS as managed browser

Please change Microsoft Managed Browser with Microsoft Edge for Android and IOS as managed browser - so that we can Manage Internet access using managed browser policies with Microsoft Intune with a browser that are known for the users as it is default in Windows 10

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the week of June 4, 2018, the Microsoft Edge browser for mobile devices (iOS and Android) supports Microsoft Intune app protection policies. Users of iOS and Android devices who sign-in with their corporate Azure AD accounts in the Edge application will be protected by Intune. On iOS devices, the Require managed browser for web content policy will allow users to open links in Edge when it is managed.

I think what you’re asking for is making Edge replace the managed browser, so I won’t call this complete, but wanted you to know that we added this Edge-related feature.

6. Static computernames in Windows autopilot before Intune autoenrollment.

Maybe posting this to the wrong component-team but a suggestion would be to give the ability to set a static computername to the imported device when registering the csv file containing hardware information in "Autopilot deployment". The current functionality randomizes the computername after each factory reset or reinstallation. Seems pointless to perform a namechange after Intune autoenrollment. This would solve alot of of administrative issues within larger organizations.

172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the week of August 27, you can use a template to control how the machine will be automatically named. So not exactly static, but gets you away from total random. From the discussion, sounds like not total random was good enough for some, but not all, so I will switch this back to “noted”.

more detail about what we released in August:
    When you create an autopilot deployment profile, you can designate a name, which must be 15 characters or less, and can contain letters, numbers, and hyphens. Names can’t be all numbers. Use the SERIAL macro to add a hardware-specific serial number. Alternatively, use the RAND:x macro to add a random string of numbers, where x equals the number of digits to add.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/enrollment-autopilot#create-an-autopilot-deployment-profile

It’s only available with the Windows Insider build for now.

7. prompt for device password change before it expires (iOS)

Hello.

Currently, when you set password expiration (days) in device restriction policy, user is not being prompted when the device password is about to expire. User get prompted though when it is already expired.

Shouldn't the alert happen before it expires and not after?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deploy printers

Give us the option to deploy printers with Intune

668 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can deploy AirPrint settings for Mac and iOS – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/air-print-settings-ios-macos

You can configure some printer settings under device restrictions for Windows 10 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-restrictions-windows-10

But I’m hearing from a few people that this still doesn’t really help users get to local printers, and that seems the original intent. (@Henrik, if you’re getting this, please weigh in!)

We won’t call this one complete. I’m switching this to “noted”, meaning we know you want it. Thanks again for the feedback!

9. Automatic enrollment for Hybrid Azure AD Joined Devices

Missing the ability to automatically enroll Windows 10 devices that are hybrid Azure AD Joined, for agentless management. This would favour the use of agentless management for domain joined devices.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Intune - Select All/multi select and delete Corporate Device Identifiers -

Background: We are building out our Intune instance and only have a handful of devices enrolled for testing and validating. In advance of migrating from our current MDM, we imported all the Serial Numbers for our iOS devices in the Corporate Device Identifiers section under Device Enrollment. There is some "bad data" in this list as we are selling off a portion of the company and those devices were accidentally included.

Question/Suggestion: Looking for a way to just select all of the device identifiers and then start over with a good, clean import. I don't see a way to remove…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a way to backup the entire Intune Configuration

It would be great if there was a method to backup the entire Intune configuration in Azure.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change font in Outlook for iOS and Android

Required in order to change to our house styles.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joe, before Intune could manage something like this, Outlook would have to permit an MDM system to manage fonts. I checked, and they don’t. If you go to https://outlook.uservoice.com/, you can submit a suggestion to that team to make it something that could be set via policy, and then if they do that, Intune could set it, either in the UI or using an OMA-URI. Most Outlook-related requests would need work on both sides.

If you file that, come back here and past the Outlook request URL, so anyone who wants to vote this one up would know to go vote that one up, too.

13. Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing re

Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing request from personal profile" seems to be limited to Google photos app only with Android for Work

I just get IO error, Intune support are also getting this issue.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear you’re having a problem with the sharing, James. Support is definitely the right route to work through the issue. There are a few typical outcomes from a support call like this –
    1) we find out it’s a configuration issue and we help you fix the configuration
    2) we find out it’s a problem with the service and we fix the service either with an Ops procedure or a code change
    3) it’s something that is working as deigned even if it’s not a good design.

If it’s working as designed, the Support Engineers often send people here to say “this design isn’t good, please change it” and then we can prioritize it with all the other requests, from UserVoice and other customer channels. I’m not sure if you’re saying you want the photo sharing to work with regular Android phones and not just Android for Work.…

14. Auto Selective Wipe When an Account is closed.

When an end user account is set to auto-expire, this will also perform a selective wipe on the end user devices on the date/time the expiration was set.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@TheScreamingRichard – If you can do it in the UI, you can do it with Graph – we build the UI entirely on top of Graph. :-)

This page has the remote actions
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/resources/intune_devices_remoteaction

There’s one member called
    factoryReset

and there’s a different member called
    removeCompanyData

there’s also one called
    factoryResetKeepEnrollmentData

I’m assuming it’s one of those you’d be able to call for a Graph-based solution, though our Graph people are all at Build this week so if that’s not what you need I can ask them when they get back.

15. Give the ability for a provider to manage multiple tenants via a single portal.

Give us back the multi-account portal.
    why would you remove the ability for a provider to manage multiple tenants via a single portal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Scott, are you a partner? You’re right, we have changed the experience for partners managing multiple tenants. If you let me know what Partner you’re with, I can share your suggestion with our Partner team.

16. When you select specific columns from All Devices blade, don't export all columns

I do not know if it's a bug or feature, but when you export the data from Intune it includes all columns even though you have just specified a certian set of columns to be exported.

This should be so that the columns exported is just the ones that is specified in Columns.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inventory (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Apple VPP Token - Delete Token

Intune Preview is now supporting Apple VPP with both Apple ID and Device Based app deployment. Additionally, multiple VPP Token Support is provided.

I have successfully added two VPP Token to my Intune Preview Instance and sync the apps purchased for managed distribution. I have successfully deployed apps to a DEP Enrolled Device using VPP Device Based App assignment - hence during deployment the device was not prompted to enter an Apple ID.

I have two issues:

1 - There is no user interface exposed within Intune Preview to delete an Apple VPP Token once created. Please add the ability…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. application policies should support multiple identities from the same company for a given device

Support for multiple email address policies for the same device. This is becasue we have "C" level admins who manage both the calendar and address book of the executive on their own devices. Intune does not support this as it produces an error when trying to push out two profiles.

1,139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    83 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Confirmed that it is currently by design that conditional access allows only one identity per device at this time. We hear that you need this and we’re looking into it. I’ve changed the title and category to indicate that this is related to conditional access.

Again, this is just for multiple identities from the same company. If you’re looking for having one device with identities from two different companies for MDM, that idea is here:
    https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681/suggestions/31313071
    And if you’re looking for having multiple identities for MAM, that idea is here: https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681/suggestions/34627435

19. Mobile data monitoring and reporting

Nowadays with the amount of mobile data consumed by mobile devices only seems to increase, it would be great if Intune was able to monitor and report on mobile data usage across Mobile/Wifi and Roaming zones for each mobile device Intune manages. Windows and Android have this built into their OS's and iOS has a very good third party app you can use which works great.

It would also be great if this was supported for both Intune only and SCCM hybrid environments, perhaps with a dashboard or at least some decent SSRS reporting.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Windows 10 Upgrades (1511) via Intune

The Windows 10 1511 Upgrade is not available via Intune. We use Intune as our Update Management platform (small business).

I thought that the Windows update functionality in Intune should be like a WSUS in the Cloud. With peer-Distribution in Windows 10 and in Intune before it should be possible to not overload our Internet line.

If this should not work by design then please Microsoft state clearly which of your products is designed for which Scenario.

713 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OK, seems clear that people still mean this suggestion for the PC client, not the MDM client, so setting the status to Noted.

You can manage software updates (feature and quality) for Windows 10 devices managed by MDM using Windows Update for Business. And you can do peer downloading. Here are the docs for that.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/windows-update-for-business-configure

What’s keeping you using the PC client? Is it the operating system or are there still feature gaps you can’t live without on MDM?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base