Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MFMailComposeViewController.canSendMail() returns false when IntuneMAM is integrated

Hi,

I have an existing application and integrated IntuneMAM/ADAL there.

The application with integrated IntuneMAM/ADAL is not in AppStore yet, because we are finishing testing and trying to resolve of the issues we have.

One of the issue is that user cannot send email with report of problem via app, because for some reason Intune blocks Apple Native API.

The API is the following:
    MFMailComposeViewController.canSendMail()

MFMailComposeViewController is used to compose email.

Could any of your engineers take a look into the reasons, in which circumstances this API is blocked.

I believe you use swizzling or runtime method hooking or whatever…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • MFMailComposeViewController.canSendMail() returns false when IntuneMAM is integrated

Hi,

I have an existing application and integrated IntuneMAM/ADAL there.

The application with integrated IntuneMAM/ADAL is not in AppStore yet, because we are finishing testing and trying to resolve of the issues we have.

One of the issue is that user cannot send email with report of problem via app, because for some reason Intune blocks Apple Native API.

The API is the following:
      MFMailComposeViewController.canSendMail()

MFMailComposeViewController is used to compose email.

Could any of your engineers take a look into the reasons, in which circumstances this API is blocked.

I believe you use swizzling or runtime method hooking or whatever…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Device Actions Needs More Information

I tried to rename two of our iPads (which I have successfully done before) and they failed. I went and checked Device Actions and it simply says that it failed with no explanation of why. Audit Logs has more details when you click on an entry, however this was successful. From what I can tell Audit Details is telling me I successfully submitted the request, however Device Actions tells me the action failed to complete. But there is no details.

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Increase the device check-in limit (current 25/hr)

While enrolling devices for a customer we ran into an issue where the device would stop receiving commands from Intune.

After support looked into the logs the found a limit of 25 check-in's over a 1 hour timespan and suggested a uservoice to get support to increase this number.

Impact;
          Intune Service has a throttling limits of maximum of 25 checks in an hour. This may include the check-ins initiated from install request of available apps + end user clicking checking compliance from the company portal + regular device check ins as per schedule.

Support can identify this issue by…

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Intune should replace Domain Controllers

intune/Autopilot seem to do a good job of locking down a computer and keeping the user from creating local admin accounts. But this only happens after the user sign in with the organization account. but before the sign in process, the user is given an option to skip the organization sign in and register the device with a local admin account. i understand an admin needing this backdoor but it shouldnt be available to regular users.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Devices - Hardware inventory - IP and MAC address

Microsoft Intune > Devices - All devices, select a device, in its details > Hardware.

Please add the Ethernet interface MAC and IP addresses.

0 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow Conditional Access while using Teams, OneDrive

Allow Conditional Access while using Teams, OneDrive. The fact that we cannot sign into Teams while using App Enforced Restrictions is a huge miss and limitation of the ability use Conditional Access.

19 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Better Enterprise MS Edge Management

Hi There,

My Org is currentling POC'ing Intune MAM. We'd like to see the followign features ported from Intune Managed Browser (IMB) to Edge when using Edge as a managed browser

1) The Ability to set & load a home page - Managing the end user expoerience is critically important. Currently we can set a home page shortcur, which appears allong with other shortcuts. The additional shortcuts listed are not really "work frienddly" (E.G. netflix, facebook, amazon,etc...) and we (as the managing entity) should be able to remove

2) Identity lockdown - the ability to configure edge to Only use…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • My Apps Secure Sign-in Extension

Prevent browsers from viewing and storing users and the keys that are sent through the extension

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Apple Watch - Expose these devices when they are attached to an enrolled iPhone and ensure that company data is managed.

The scenario is this. A user has a company issued iPhone and they have paried an Apple Watch to that device. The iPhone is registered with Intune and all access to corporate e-mail and calendaring is done via Outlook for iOS. Outlook for iOS has an Apple Watch applet and a small amount of corporate e-mail and calendaring information is cached on the Apple Watch as a result.

I have already verified that if the two devices are in contact with each other and a device retirement is issued, the corporate data is removed from both devices as expected. However,…

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Search,sort, and/or filter on any column in a view in the console

Please make the UI so that we can search, sort, and/or filter on any column in a view in the console? For instance I want an easy way to filter to see only apps that are for Windows, or only apps that are Line of Business, of only WSfb.... etc.

61 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • View where a device is getting settings/app assignments

It would be beneficial for us if there was a section in which we could see where a device is getting a setting or an app assignment from.

Currently, if there is a mystery app or restriction on a device and you do not know where it is set, you have to work backwards (checking assigned user groups or device groups etc) to discover where the app is assigned from.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Add MS Whiteboard to the predefined list of "approved applications"

Currently using a CA policy to require "approved applications" prevents colleagues from using MS Whiteboard
                            As these new o365 apps are released they must be configured to work with Conditional Access. It's becoming more difficult to explain why a MS app is not compatible with the MS MDM

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • OneDrive for Android saving photos as PDF

I have noticed the camera facility in the OneDrive for Android app saves Photos as PDF, this doesn't match the behaviour on iOS, which saves Photos as JPG.

As we're trying to get our staff to save any photos taken within the work profile it doesn't help that the camera saves in this format. At the moment we have to use a third party camera app to sync the photos with OneDrive.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Office apps remember previous user credentials after company data removed

During my testing I have found that if I log into apps such as Word, OneDrive, etc. my credentials are remembered even after I have issued a deletion of company data. The apps downloaded via the Company Portal are removed but if I then sign the device in with another account, and download the apps again, the previous credentials are remembered and the apps are already signed in.

Normally a device is completely wiped when a member of staff leaves and hands the device back, rather than just deleting the work profile, but this seems like quite a security risk.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Intune - Devices - Azure AD devices - Create an export button to export the AAD device list

In Azure > Microsoft Intune > Devices - Azure AD Devices it would be useful to have en "Export" button to get a list of AAD registered devices.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi – I’m not sure if you’re asking about subscribing to a doc page to get updates, or subscribing to an item on UserVoice to get updates.

For UserVoice, you can edit your personal settings to turn on or off notifications from UserVoice when there are comments from other users, and if you want admin status updates. If we make a change, I post it publicly and then send email to everyone who opted in and provided a valid email address.

If you’re asking about getting updates for doc pages, you might want to vote for this idea https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/36516880-what-s-new-in-intune-add-rss-feed

The docs are all stored in GitHub now, so if you know how to use that, you can “watch” a topic to see new releases or all activity on that topic. Here’s the link to the topic in GitHub: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/IntuneDocs/blob/master/intune/whats-new.md

Does that get you what you want?

• Deploy web-links that people are allowed to remove

When you deploy a web-link to devices "required" then the user cannot delete det icon if they want to. There is no X to remove it.

We want to deploy a weblink icon to the users devices automatically and they still are allowed to delete the icon if they want to. Yes it will come back at next sync, but you have the chance to deploy things that people are allowed to remove later on.

Of cause I can place the link in the compagny app and they can access it from there, but I don´t think the users are…

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Remove pre installed Office or alter existing installation

More and more devices come with a version of Office 365 pre installed on the device. This is a nightmare for IT admins because the deployment of Office 365 from Intune:

A: Will not override installation parameters. For example if you deselected some Office Suite Applications like Access, it won't be uninstalled.

B: Cannot be uninstalled via a simple way. You always need a script to get rid of that pre installed version.

In my opinion there are two posibilities... 1. Stop pre installing office or 2. make it easy to alter or uninstall pre intstalled office versions using Intune.

34 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Optionally do not make customer installed apps MDM managed

We need an option to deploy volume purchased apps to users without making the App MDM managed. For example if I deploy OneDrive to my users as a VPP app to their BYOD device, there should be an option to not make it MDM managed so the app doesn't get removed on un-enrollment. As it stands now if a user un-enrolls their device any apps we have deployed will get removed which may potentially cause loss of personal data. This is an option AirWatch offers that can be set on the app deployment.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base