Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. company portal - App Launching

It would be fantastic to be able to launch the applications that were made available, and then installed via in the Company Portal.

We're finding inconsistent results with start menu shortcuts being deployed from legacy (and some new) MSI applications to administrative and standard user accounts.

If we could enter the path of the target .exe file in the deployment then users could view, install and also run the apps from the Company Portal which sounds like a great idea to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Company Portals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Allow device ownership to be changed in bulk

It would be helpful if we could change device ownership in bulk, either through a GUI or PowerShell. All of our corporate owned devices were provisioned with a default value of employee owned, and changing hundreds of device attributes manually, one at a time, will take more time than it's worth.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Fix DEP and Conditional Access

As a Microsoft Partner we are frequently coming across business's using DEP to streamline their enrolment into Intune.

When user affinity is used with DEP the device gets registered in Intune where as the traditional method of enrolment, enrolling my the company portal enrolls the user.

As such, business's have to then ALSO enroll using the company portal to use conditional access which defeats the object of using DEP in this first place.

My customer is using DEP with Intune Hybrid. When deploying an Azure AD App Proxy app, and the device attempts to access the app it states the…

0 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow Device Serial Number

Allow the use of Device Serial Number when assigning devices to a Intune Azure AD Device Group. We have thousands of iPads that are DEP enrolled and assiged the User-Agnostic Attribute. We also have multiple DEP profiles. These devices do not have users names or email addresses assigned to them. They all have the same device name also, i.e. iPad. Thus, there is no way to open an Azure AD Device Group and add a specific device to it because the only attribute(s) that make one iPad different from the other is: Serial Number, IMEI, or the Unique Identifier. None…

71 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Conditional Access that require device to be Azure AD joined

At the moment there is an option to grant access to devices that Domain Joined which does not include Azure AD join. For those who fully on the Cloud/O365 this feature would be very useful. Thanks

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Enabled Full Wipe to all machines enrolled via MS Intune Client Software

Enabled Full Wipe to all machines enrolled via MS Intune Client Software. We can full wipe if the Machines are enrolled thru MDM.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Deleting the Old Hostnames from apearing from the list when I tried to add Hostname to a Hostname Group I've created

I've created a Hostname Group to Azure A.D. Admin Center bt evrytime trie d adding a new hostname to this group I can stil saw the OLD hostname ive used and already unenrolled

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add shared secret Field in IPSEC VPN config for iOS

Other MDM products allow for the shared secret Field when configuring VPN profile for iOS. Without the shared secret we are unable to configure a VPN profile for iOS devices.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Option to not make VPP deployed apps "MDM Manged"

We need an option to deploy volume purchased apps to users without making the App MDM managed. For example if I deploy OneDrive to my users as a VPP app to their BYOD device, there should be an option to not make it MDM managed so the app doesn't get removed on un-enrollment. As it stands now if a user un-enrolls their device any apps we have deployed will get removed which may potentially cause loss of personal data. This is an option AirWatch offers that can be set on the app deployment.

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Customers facing dashboard about the “state” of a device so that preventative maintenance can be monitored

I'm looking for a customer facing page that I can give my customers as an admin. They can find and support their own stuff if they had information.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Have Company Portal recognize that it is Android For Work, instead of installing a separate instance of itself for Android For Work.

When a user downloads the Company Portal app and goes through the enrollment process, a separate Company Portal for Android For Work is then downloaded which is confusing for the user--they don't know to get out of the current app and then look for the Android For Work app and continue setup. There needs to be some notification of what to do, or the app needs to recognize that it is now Android For Work.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Disallow User to Delete Device from Intune company portal

Actually Users can delete thier device from company portal.
                            i think that a dedicated policy are needed.

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • retain Intune cached MSI with out auto delete

We have deployed single MSI to Windows 10 MDM enrolled computer using Intune

We can see the cache location - C:\Windows\System32\Config\SystemProfile\AppData\Local\mdm

How can we retain the cached MSI without getting deleted automatically ?

Is there a way to configure the cache period ?

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • REST API to upload packages to Intune instead of web browser

As of now, it seems not possible to upload apps/packages to Intune, using sth other than your web browser (I am not talking about the horrible Silverlight-based Intune Software uploader, which has no place in this world in 2017...).

We use automated tools in our company to build or rebuild 3rd party packages and test them, and also to package our own home-made apps. Reliying on a "human" to only upload MSI files or similar, to Intune is just not scalable at all and error-prone.

Please offer a REST API to upload apps/packages from "customers local repos" to your "mmcswdb01.blob.core.windows.net"-like…

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I checked with our apps guys, and they say you can do this using the Graph API. If you’re specifically asking for REST, the answer would be to use Graph, so I’d mark this declined. If you’re OK with using Graph, I can call this “we already have this”. Will Graph do what you need?

• Improve/offer decent REST API for all Intune features

We are still in eval phase, and are supposed to use Intune with more than 100000 laptops/desktops in our company.

This means if the laptops have a 3years lifecycle, then there are more than 100 devices that must be deleted every day from Intune DB across the globe.

Please add ability to delete devices using a REST API, based on criterias like "Last Contact Date", as it is also impossible to know if a device has been stolen/lost/sold to broker. So we must be able to extract the attributes shown in Intune for each device, like we do currently with…

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Ability to Auto Trigger Action When Compliance Policy Not Met

We should have option to auto trigger some action like email notification, device or powershell command when certain compliance policy is not met.

Like if my device is enrolled with full compliance check, tomorrow I jail broke my device. Although in compliance check my device will show "non compliant" but it doesn't prevent me to access any managed application or data. I see it is a big security concern.

Ideally as soon as device non compliant none of the managed content should be accessible.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Simplify the onboarding process by providing config options on the different informational/disclaimer pannels.

There is to many informational/disclaimer pannels during the onboarding process. For company managed domains, it would be nice to provide options for customization of the various pannels according to the user experience we decide to provide to our employees.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • see how much storage each installed application needs

For all Company owned devices it's possible to see which applications are installed in the resource explorer. For us it would be very usefull to have there another column where we can see how much storage each application needs.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Intune enhanced reporting capabilities for Mobile Devices

We need to add a detailed software deployment reporting capabilities for intune managed BYOD & COD mobile devices. As of now, Intune reporting only provide information about software installed through company portal app like word installed on x devices and devices information. I've seen a lot of customer who would like to know the capabilities of Intune beyond this and would like to see the same level of reporting capabilities in Intune that are available for workstation that report all installed softwares.

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base