Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Managed Devices App Configuration as an option to add to a Policy Set

Within Policy Sets, there is no ability to add an App Configuration policy for Managed Device Application Configuration. The only option currently is Managed Applications. It would be nice to be able to create custom policy sets around our MDM devices.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show included and excluded groups under App Properties | Assignments

When browsing for an app, and requesting its properties you can find the following definitions for Assignments: a) Required b) Available for enrolled devices and c) Uninstall

The issue is that f.e. Required on the properties page shows both the include and exclude group without any visual marking which group is included and which group is exluded. This is confusing and can easily be fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Apps Policy Set to include Apple VPP Apps

I understand the App Policy Set feature is in preview. During the course of selecting apps I noticed that synced VPP apps don't show up in the list. Is this omitted for technical reason or just something that is overlooked? I've read other users raising similar issue with Android apps too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Application deployment eveluation cycle feature

It would be great to have a feature like SCCM "Application deployment eveluation cycle feature" to check for required installations and force it to re-evaluate and install. Now if an app is removed due to issues by servicedesk, the new app installation takes forever before it is retried on the machine if it is an required application installation.
    So re-evaluating like in SCCM would really help here.

It would also be awesome if we could use Required and Available in 1 package, so we can add users to the app so they can install it manually as well or click…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. View source location of Intune applications

View source location of Intune applications. Currently, there is no way to view the location of the intunewin packages or .msi location of LOB apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to copy Intune applications, profiles, scripts from acceptance environment to production environment

Ability to copy Intune applications, profiles, scripts from acceptance environment to production environment. Currently you need to recreate these items in Production.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto update installed iOS LOB and managed Google Play private apps

I manage publishing our enterprise mobile apps to Intune. One enhancement that will save us a lot of ops tickets is the ability to auto update installed iOS line-of-business and managed Google Play private apps. This would be especially helpful for iOS apps because of expiring provisioning profiles and distribution certs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Synchronize to GAL to all mobile devices

Make it possible to synchronize the complete GAL to all mobile phones.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. With the switch to azure groups in intune there is no overview anymore, what (intune) applications are assigned to a group. Also one cannot

With the switch to azure groups in intune there is no overview anymore, what (intune) applications are assigned to a group. Also one cannot see, what groups are assigned to a device.
    It would be great to have that functionality back again in order to be able to track down problems in app-device assignments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to set up multiple private stores in Store for Business

When a large enterprise with multiple business units with differing requirements in the same Microsoft Azure tenant wants to give organizational sub-units their own/separate private store with curated apps.

Sorry if this is already a known feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Win32 add OR option to Detection and Requirement

Loving the Win32 extention in Intune but missing 2 important things!

· OR rule to Detection Rules
    · OR rule to Requirements Rules

Currently these will be added automatically as AND rules. I've been working with SCCM 10 years and using its Application Model from the start. Intune's Win32 app is very close but these features are missing. For key success in Windows 10 cloud-only management this is absolute MUST :)

Please see: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c6d70d5-4beb-4181-b542-5e0ac169e35c/win32-apps-multiple-requirement-or-detect-rule-support-only-and-not-or-rule?forum=microsoftintuneprod

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Managed Google Play store app within the list of app in a policy set.

Currently when creating a policy set I can not add any managed Google Play store apps to a set.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dublicate entities in monitoring

See more info: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce4b7f37-811c-4143-ac94-c729cdaed9bf/dublicate-entities-in-monitoring?forum=microsoftintuneprod

Whatever I deploy (Apps, profiles, scripts), I see often dublicates when looking at monitoring. I never deploy stuff to both users and devices, but only one of them. Still I see this behavior. It creates lot of problems for us, if I say we have 1000 devices but 2000 entities in monitoring. Seems that this is by desing or a bug?

I only go to Device Install Status and I see both, one for System and one for User. In this case, app is deployed to devices. So the device is being dublicate.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add App dependencies für macOS Apps/LOBs

Add App dependencies for app deployments of macOS apps/LOBs. Actually there is no option like the app dependencies for WIN32 applications.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Intune Apps list should display its VPP token in a column

Intune will populate the list of Apps when a Apple VPP tokens is synced. If you have multiple tokens, the apps are duplicated with no way to identify which token they are associated with. If a token expires or is removed it will affect all of the available apps. If I need to force an uninstall, which app do i choose?

As a work around I manually added the associated token name into each app's Notes field in order to id them. but what a pain! 30+ apps?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Force application install and/or re-install from portal

As we notice an app installation failure from the portal and the managed apps for the device we'd like a simple function to force the application to install from the portal. Rather than having the user wait for next cycle of "required apps" checking.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Force application install and/or re-install from portal

As we notice an app installation failure from the portal and the managed apps for the device we'd like a simple function to force the application to install from the portal. Rather than having the user wait for next cycle of "required apps" checking.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable prompts that offer to save password is not working as expected.

According to Microsoft documentation, Disable prompts that offer to save password setting for Edge browser for iOS and Android devices should be working. However, after deploying this setting to managed and unmanaged devices, the setting does not seem to work as suggested in Microsoft documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/apps/manage-microsoft-edge#disable-prompts-that-offer-to-save-passwords

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. toast

Move toast notifications to only show AFTER application detection ran and requires installation.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Win32 apps to be deployed to ARM64 (i.e. Surface Pro X) devices via InTune

32bit apps can be installed manually on an ARM64, Windows 10 device - i.e. the Surface Pro X. However, they can't be deployed via InTune as a Win32 packaged app.

This feature request is to allow Win32 apps to be deployed on ARM64, Windows 10 devices so that they can be managed consistently with other Windows 10 devices.

The current workaround is to use a script to deploy the application via InTune. While this approach works, it lacks the additional management features available in InTune for controlling the deployment/management conditions.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base