Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add new app type support in Intune Graph

I use https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/deviceAppManagement/mobileApps to get all apps, but I cannot find the Office 365 apps I created based on "Microsoft 365 Apps (Windows 10)" type. And also I am not able to find the apps I created with "Managed Google Play store app" type.

The Intune Graph API document don't include the following app types. So please consider to add all supported types in Intune/Endpoint Manager admin portal into Graph API, specifically:

Microsoft 365 Apps
    Microsoft Edge, version 77 and later
    Managed Good Play app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add uninstalled apps to the dependencies OR queu app installs

I will explain the issue we had.

We packaged an application with config A. Once this was rolled out, we noticed a problem with the configuration.
    We packaged the application again, now with config B. We noticed that config changes where not being overwritten.

Now the idea we had was, to uninstall the first app with config A then followed by the new installation of the app with config B.

During this process we found out that within dependencies we were not able to select an uninstalled app (being App with config A) as dependency for the installation of the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Administrative Templates to include latest Office Update Channels

Can the Office Update channels in Intune Admin Templates please be updated to reflect the changes from last month:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployOffice/update-channels-changes

And the docs page updated:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/configuration/administrative-templates-update-office#prerequisites

Would like to switch clients to Monthly Enterprise Channel, but currently cannot on Intune managed machines as the option isn't available, and this is the advised way to do it.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shortcut Feature (Windows)

We need a shortcut feature for Intune

I was in the middle og setting up Intune, when i wanted to create a Desktop Shortcut for 'Company Portal' so the users dont have to go in and search in app to find it every time.

(Win32) Apps, can you choose the path, but Microsoft for Business Apps can only be found by going into 'Start' or searching for it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Single App Mode for fully managed enrolled devices

We would need the possibility to assign one app as a single app mode on a personalised fully managed enrolled device which restricts the app to be locked on the screen when it is opened, so you can't exit the App without a passcode.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Apple VPP Apps - Display License type in assignment summary

Currently, it isnt possible to see the license type of an Apple VPP sync'ed app without drilling into the Assignments and choosing "edit".

Assignments and License type

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow for renewal of VPP tokens without having to redeploy everything from scratch.

Currently when your VPP token expires, you get an updated one from Apple, upload to Intune, delete the old token, and then you have to go through and re-deploy every single application tied to VPP, when a simple update of the token is all that is needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable (Windows) Apps

Currently, when I do not want a Windows App to be deployed to Windows devices, but I do not want to delete the App, I have to remove the Assignments.
    If I want to deploy the app again someday in the furture, I have to add Assignments again (we have assignments based on user groups and sometimes, there are a lot of them that needs to be added again).

I would be nice to just have a Disable option, so it will not be deployed anymore, but I do not have to configure anything.

Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Managed Devices App Configuration as an option to add to a Policy Set

Within Policy Sets, there is no ability to add an App Configuration policy for Managed Device Application Configuration. The only option currently is Managed Applications. It would be nice to be able to create custom policy sets around our MDM devices.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show included and excluded groups under App Properties | Assignments

When browsing for an app, and requesting its properties you can find the following definitions for Assignments: a) Required b) Available for enrolled devices and c) Uninstall

The issue is that f.e. Required on the properties page shows both the include and exclude group without any visual marking which group is included and which group is exluded. This is confusing and can easily be fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Apps Policy Set to include Apple VPP Apps

I understand the App Policy Set feature is in preview. During the course of selecting apps I noticed that synced VPP apps don't show up in the list. Is this omitted for technical reason or just something that is overlooked? I've read other users raising similar issue with Android apps too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Application deployment eveluation cycle feature

It would be great to have a feature like SCCM "Application deployment eveluation cycle feature" to check for required installations and force it to re-evaluate and install. Now if an app is removed due to issues by servicedesk, the new app installation takes forever before it is retried on the machine if it is an required application installation.
    So re-evaluating like in SCCM would really help here.

It would also be awesome if we could use Required and Available in 1 package, so we can add users to the app so they can install it manually as well or click…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View source location of Intune applications

View source location of Intune applications. Currently, there is no way to view the location of the intunewin packages or .msi location of LOB apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to copy Intune applications, profiles, scripts from acceptance environment to production environment

Ability to copy Intune applications, profiles, scripts from acceptance environment to production environment. Currently you need to recreate these items in Production.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Edge in Intune - dnsoverhttps

Dear MS, as you may know,with the latest edge admx,dnsoverhttps mode is available.

For Edge in Intune,that option is not available at the moment.
    is there a chance to get it soon and what will be the timeline?

I have searched the available information and there is no notification on the implementation of this new feature:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/whats-new
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/whats-new-app-ui
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/in-development

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto update installed iOS LOB and managed Google Play private apps

I manage publishing our enterprise mobile apps to Intune. One enhancement that will save us a lot of ops tickets is the ability to auto update installed iOS line-of-business and managed Google Play private apps. This would be especially helpful for iOS apps because of expiring provisioning profiles and distribution certs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Synchronize to GAL to all mobile devices

Make it possible to synchronize the complete GAL to all mobile phones.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the switch to azure groups in intune there is no overview anymore, what (intune) applications are assigned to a group. Also one cannot

With the switch to azure groups in intune there is no overview anymore, what (intune) applications are assigned to a group. Also one cannot see, what groups are assigned to a device.
    It would be great to have that functionality back again in order to be able to track down problems in app-device assignments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to set up multiple private stores in Store for Business

When a large enterprise with multiple business units with differing requirements in the same Microsoft Azure tenant wants to give organizational sub-units their own/separate private store with curated apps.

Sorry if this is already a known feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Win32 add OR option to Detection and Requirement

Loving the Win32 extention in Intune but missing 2 important things!

· OR rule to Detection Rules
    · OR rule to Requirements Rules

Currently these will be added automatically as AND rules. I've been working with SCCM 10 years and using its Application Model from the start. Intune's Win32 app is very close but these features are missing. For key success in Windows 10 cloud-only management this is absolute MUST :)

Please see: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c6d70d5-4beb-4181-b542-5e0ac169e35c/win32-apps-multiple-requirement-or-detect-rule-support-only-and-not-or-rule?forum=microsoftintuneprod

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base