Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the ability to easily reassign AutoPilot profile when a group change is made

I have about a dozen autopilot profiles set up and assigned to specific groups (we have multiple locations and each one has a different naming convention, hence the multiple profiles)

When moving one workstation from a group to another, the autopilot profile either updates 24-48 hours later or not at all. It is seriosuly easier and substantially faster to manually wipe the device, manually delete AzureAD, Intune and AutoPilot record and recapture new hardware hash, reimport, reassign and reprovision.

If I move a device to a new AutoPilot assigned group, and I click SYNC, I expect the devices and profiles…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Injuect Windows Updates and Feature Updates during whiteglove deployment

We want to be able to get all the latest updates and feature updates during whiteglove setup. So a user receiving a freshly delivered computer does not have to wait until 1909 arrives (as even Surfaces by Microsoft sometimes are still delivered with 1903 or worse)...

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to set a custom action during Autopilot OOBE, IE force a full screen video for a Company intro video

If not using the whiteglove during autopilot, Could we have a custom action that could be placed during the oobe and waiting screens, Might be a good slot to play a video for a company introduction for example whilst the user waits?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View assigned user in Autopilot

I would love it if one of your view tabs allowed you to see if/who is assigned to a device in autopilot. Right now you have to select each device one at a time to see if a user is assigned. Being able to see this from the main page would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enrollment status page

Would be a great improvement ESP Enrollment Status Page selected apps installed as a priority instead of them waiting along with the assigned apps

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Autopilot without hardware hash

Logging on with Azure AD credentials to an OOBE Win 10 should detect whether the user is licensed for Intune and Autopilot is configured. If not then the necessary information should be gathered and passed to Intune to initiate Autopilot.

This is what I though Autopilot was going to be when it was first announced. The use of hardware hashes makes it worse than PXE or even a USB stick.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Admins to MANUALLY apply a profile -- or be able to manually push a group membership update so we don't wait 8+ HOURs for assignment

I cannot express how utterly frustrating it is to import dozens of machines. Then as needed add them to the group they need for deployment and then sit and wait for a random and undetermined amount of time to see the status change from "Not Assigned" to "Updating" to "Assigned"

If I add a device to a group, confirm it is in the group, then click sync, why on earth is it not assigning the profile? Why does it take me adding/removing/re-adding the device to the group assigned to the autopilot profile multiple times to get it to assign.

I…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Autopilot profiles created in admin center don't show up under Intune portal

If you use Office 365 admin center Autopilot menu, the profile created over there will not show in Intune as available to be selected or configured. Profiles created directly in Intune will show up on Office 365 admin portal.

I opened a ticket about this and I was told by Microsoft that it is a expected behaviour. It does not make sense to me as why then it shows up profiles created manually from Intune under Office 365 admin center?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to specify GroupTag in the AutopilotConfigurationFile.json file

When using the AutopilotConfigurationFile.json for existing devices it would be great if one also could set the group tag. that way we could use the same assignmentgroups as non existing devices.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Help/Support of the actual XML for InTune Profiles

Support of the actual XML code used for some profiles - i.e. Start Menu and Task Bar layouts. Microsoft Support supports the profile itself and it being applied to devices or not but not the actual code. Seems they should support the whole things, because what if the profile isn't applying correctly due to incorrect code?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple Group Tags

I love Group Tags in the Autopilot device enrollment process and see many uses for them. One thing I'd like to see if the ability to use multiple Group Tags. I'm more suggesting along the lines of adding to Group Tags (i.e. not doing it as part of a CSV import), perhaps adding a common delimiter 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc Group Tag to a device. An example for this - we are using Group Tags for a customer to define the location of the device (e.g. Brisbane) so they can be dynamically added to the "Brisbane Devices" Azure AD group.…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to disable shift+F10 in autopilot profile

Add option to disable shift+F10 in autopilot profile. So you have the option to leave it on while troubleshooting testing scenario's and are experimenting. But that it is not available in production setup.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ipxe cloud server with w10 vim provide by microsoft

Hello is Microsoft can provide an win10 image via ipxe in order to install w10 without infrastructure, it will allow to deploy standart w10 image like a mac (from bios boot), customisation option could be a must.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable ESP see policy for BitLocker TPM PIN and interact with user to allow it to be set

Allow the Windows Autopilot Enrollment Status Page to be aware of Bitlocker policies that require TPM PINs, and if detected interact with the user to set the pin.

UK Gov requires us to have a TPM PIN, so this is a painful area for us.

Oliver Kieselbach's blog (link below) describes workarounds which are great, however this would be not needed if ESP were to deal with it properly.

https://oliverkieselbach.com/2019/08/02/how-to-enable-pre-boot-bitlocker-startup-pin-on-windows-with-intune/

Sorry if this is the same idea as the following, but it seems to have been overlooked.

https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/37084492-allow-windows-10-pro-devices-to-have-bitlocker-pin

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Autopilot Passwordless for Assigned User

If you don't assign a user to a device then when using Autopilot, passwordless works really well with Authenticator.

If you assign a user to a device however you are presented with a password box to fill in, and then an approve with Authenticator after.

It would be better to have a "Click here to Authenticate" type button to take you on to Authenticator, or drop out to password later if not set up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Edge selectable as required app on the ESP

When you want to select Edge as a required app in the ESP this isn't possible now.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Autopilot/Windows enrollment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Autopilot specific Partner, (CSP) role.

We would love to have our reseller automatically register our purchased devices into AutoPilot, but we can only do so via CSP relationship. Currently, CSP can be DAP or non-DAP. (Full admin or not.) Even non-DAP, the CSP can see and touch things like billing and services, way outside the needs for uploading AutoPilot info.

We need Role-based Access Control RBAC for CSP relationships so we only grant what is needed, nothing more.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Intune available for Windows 10 Multi-User

Let us manage Hybrid-Joined Windows Virtual Desktop Multi User hosts per Intune.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Autopilot registration via either Email or Hardware Hash

Currently, to register a device for Autopilot, it's hardware hash needs to be uploaded to the portal via

A) the vendor (partner portal)
    B) Manually - the device needs to be progressed past the OOBE and the script needs to be run to extract the hardware hash, the device is then reset.

Whilst A) is great for large volume orders coming from the manufacturer / reseller, what about ad-hoc rapid purchases required immediately. B) is a larger administration overhead which multiplies by the number of ad-hoc devices required.

What if;
    During OOBE on a non-registered device, at the page, "Sign…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Exclude Azure AD registered devices from MDM Autoenrollment

When a device is Azure AD registered (NOT Joined) give us the abbility in MDM to exclude these devices from MDM autoenrollment. You can block Peronal Owned devices in Enrollment restrictions. But this is not very logical, and problematic if you have not enabled this features from the getgo. It would be more logical to exclude also AD Registered Devices / Personal Owned devices from MDM Autoenrollment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base