Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign Scope Tag for bulk of Devices

Suppose, the business has 1000+ devices, and they need to be assigned with different scope tag, its really painful to assign the tag one by one, so we would like a design change to allow Scope tag assignment for bulk of devices instead of one by one

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tooltips that actually show tips.

Can tooltips be added that provide some value throughout Intune? Many of the tooltips only restate the text that one might be wanting a tip on. Ex: a tooltip for Kiosk would say "Kiosk"...or one for Web Filter says "Web Filter". Yes, theses are basic examples, but just to illustrate my point.

What might be useful would be stating what a default setting might be to help determine if something might need to be changed. Ex: When controlling the OoBE for an iOS device, in the tooltip for Location Services state if the default is On or Off and how…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve discussed this many times internally and it’s definitely not meeting our standard to just repeat the UI string. If you (or anyone) can tell us which tooltips need fixing, I will file bugs and get them fixed. But we need to know exactly which ones so I can get the bug to the right team. If you can give us either exact repro steps or better yet attach a screenshot, that will be enough to get them fixed.

3. block camera app on all smarthphone in spcific place

did there is an option to block camera app on all smarthphone in spcific place (for example university) ?

thank you for your answer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fencing - geo, time speed, etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tomer, right now we don’t include that, but I converted your question to a suggestion to do that and filed it in our “fencing” category for features activated or deactivated based on physical or temporal conditions like location or time.

Also, a great place to ask questions from the community is the TechNet Forums. It’s more geared towards discussion than UserVoice, which is more of a suggestion box. Many of our wonderful MVPs read the posts there and help answer questions about Intune
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=microsoftintuneprod
    Check it out!
    :-)

4. Intune - Select All/multi select and delete Corporate Device Identifiers -

Background: We are building out our Intune instance and only have a handful of devices enrolled for testing and validating. In advance of migrating from our current MDM, we imported all the Serial Numbers for our iOS devices in the Corporate Device Identifiers section under Device Enrollment. There is some "bad data" in this list as we are selling off a portion of the company and those devices were accidentally included.

Question/Suggestion: Looking for a way to just select all of the device identifiers and then start over with a good, clean import. I don't see a way to remove…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to perform Office365 updates through Intune

Believe this feature does not exist currently. We need to have the ability to update Office 365 updates through Intune with better control. Hope am not overloooking any feature which allows us do this currently.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. prompt for device password change before it expires (iOS)

Hello.

Currently, when you set password expiration (days) in device restriction policy, user is not being prompted when the device password is about to expire. User get prompted though when it is already expired.

Shouldn't the alert happen before it expires and not after?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MDM mail profile management, no duplicate password prompt/remove app password requirement

When a mobile device (specifically iPhones tested at this point) is enrolled into 365 MDM, you have the option to control the mail profile on the device.

When this option is ticked, after enrolling the device through the company portal app, we would expect the mail profile to be complete and require no further interaction from the users.
    This however, is not the case, and the user is prompted for a password from the native mail app on the phone.

When MFA is not enabled on the account, the standard account password works.
    When MFA is enabled on the account,…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, James, I see your comment. I sent you mail out of band using the UserVoice “contact subscribers” feature, but that doesn’t show up in the conversation on the public site. But if you’re having problems reading that mail, here’s what I said:

Have you already opened a support case on this? If so, can you reply to this mail with the support case number so I can look at the case notes? If you haven’t opened a case, that’s what I’m going to suggest next, so they can look into what’s happening.

8. Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces gener

Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces generated. We like to give the device a meaning name. We disabled the possibility to change the device name for a standard user (not admin). In the past there was an opportunity to change a device name in intune, but this opportunity has disappeared a half year ago.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a way to backup the entire Intune Configuration

It would be great if there was a method to backup the entire Intune configuration in Azure.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export and import custom MDM policies in the Azure Intune portal

I have not seen the ability to export and import custom policies - both compliance and configuration policies - in the Azure Intune portal.

We have many customers where we set up our standard policies, and we have to do this manually for all customers.

The export function in the portal today just creates a csv of the view in the console, it does not export the actual policies - as far as I can see.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change font in Outlook for iOS and Android

Required in order to change to our house styles.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joe, before Intune could manage something like this, Outlook would have to permit an MDM system to manage fonts. I checked, and they don’t. If you go to https://outlook.uservoice.com/, you can submit a suggestion to that team to make it something that could be set via policy, and then if they do that, Intune could set it, either in the UI or using an OMA-URI. Most Outlook-related requests would need work on both sides.

If you file that, come back here and past the Outlook request URL, so anyone who wants to vote this one up would know to go vote that one up, too.

12. Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin.

Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin. The website can be slow and there are issues when you are in a corporate environment where items are locked down through a proxy. Also, this would allow third party developers to extend intune administration capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Apple TV Support

I would like to see support for managing Apple TV devices.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The status after applying the StartLayout configuration policy by Windows10 is displayed as "Not applicable".

Currently, the content of XML set by StartLayout configuration policy (* 1) is reflected immediately in Windows10 device. However, we would inform you the inappropriate behavior that the status (* 2) after applying the policy does not become "Succeeded" instead of continues to be displayed as "Not applicable" when you check from the management screen.

* 1 Microsoft Intune> Device configuration> Profiles> Create profile> Device restrictions> Start
    * 2 Microsoft Intune> Device configuration> Profiles> Created StartLayout policy> monitor> Device status> [Deployment Status] in the item list

In addition, we confirmed that the event is reproduced as well by applying sample…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do you think this is a bug? If so, the best thing to do is open a support case so they can check the back end.

“Break-fix” support, and big support, is included with subscriptions to Microsoft Intune so opening a support incident won’t incur additional charges. For more information about opening a support ticket, see http://aka.ms/intunesupport.

16. Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing re

Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing request from personal profile" seems to be limited to Google photos app only with Android for Work

I just get IO error, Intune support are also getting this issue.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear you’re having a problem with the sharing, James. Support is definitely the right route to work through the issue. There are a few typical outcomes from a support call like this –
    1) we find out it’s a configuration issue and we help you fix the configuration
    2) we find out it’s a problem with the service and we fix the service either with an Ops procedure or a code change
    3) it’s something that is working as deigned even if it’s not a good design.

If it’s working as designed, the Support Engineers often send people here to say “this design isn’t good, please change it” and then we can prioritize it with all the other requests, from UserVoice and other customer channels. I’m not sure if you’re saying you want the photo sharing to work with regular Android phones and not just Android for Work.…

17. Ability to remove/customize which pages are displayed when enrolling

We’d like the ability edit/remove the language (or just the option to remove the pages individually) on the first two pages of enrollment, "Set up Company Access" and "What can Company see?”.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you attach a screen shot of what you want to change, on all platforms you’d want to change it? Some screens in enrollment are controlled by the Operating System and some aren’t, so it helps to have pictures. Or if not that, if you can include the exact text for each platform, that would work.
    Thanks!

18. Machine variables are not included in migration

Machine task sequence variables are not migrated with devices are migrated from one site to another.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Device Passcode "Gracefull" advanced notice.

We have a wide and varying group of users in our organization. Some of these users can be challenged by device passcode changes. It would be a very professional service to provide alerting during these evcents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When you select specific columns from All Devices blade, don't export all columns

I do not know if it's a bug or feature, but when you export the data from Intune it includes all columns even though you have just specified a certian set of columns to be exported.

This should be so that the columns exported is just the ones that is specified in Columns.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inventory (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base