Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Hax.

Windows 7 went out of support on January 14, 2020, which is why we decided to stop supporting Windows 7 in Intune on the same date (see: aka.ms/Windows7_Intune). Windows 10 offers many more management options and is more secure than Windows 7.

Intune is constantly adding support for newer versions of all of our supported operating systems (Android, iOS/iPadOS, macOS, and Windows) and removing support for older systems as their developers also remove support. We’re happy to manage your devices no matter which of these platforms you choose.

For more information on the supported versions of each platform, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/supported-devices-browsers

2. у меня нет идей но мне кажется я пользуюсь не правдоподобным майкрософтом потому что мой сайт отличается от тех что я вижу в ютубе и прочем

у меня нет идей но мне кажется я пользуюсь не правдоподобным майкрософтом потому что мой сайт отличается от тех что я вижу в ютубе и прочем

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem with Intune Legacy.

How do i set device complaint on intune legacy (old portal). I have deployed policies and applications.
    There are two systems on which iam runny client portal.
    Users are unable to access the apps and the policies that i have defined.

Sorry, for being a complete noob in intune service.

If you have a proper link or a video tutorial as to how do i set up will be grateful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Microsoft 365 Device Management SUCKS

I was able to create a policy and apply it to my machines. And as I have stated I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED and FRUSTRATED with Microsoft with the fact that my NONE of my previous policies or setting migrated to your NEW platform… Now I have to RECREATE all my update policies and everything else… SO GLAD I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO RECREATE WORK I HAVE ALREADY DONE!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. upgrade devices

upgrade devices from win10 1709 to 1803 in Intune console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The legacy PC software client is deprecated and will be going end of life on October 15, 2020. Move any remaining devices enrolled using the PC client to Intune MDM as soon as possible.

See: aka.ms/Intune_silverilght_console

This functionality is available when enrolling Windows PCs as MDM devices in Intune, using the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.

6. Ability to perform Office365 updates through Intune

Believe this feature does not exist currently. We need to have the ability to update Office 365 updates through Intune with better control. Hope am not overloooking any feature which allows us do this currently.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a portal view that shows compliance Policy Conflicts

Add a portal view that shows Policy Conflicts - specifically, Compliance Policy conflicts - and the source of the policy - On-premises AD, Exchange ActiveSync, Exchange Online, SCCM, Azure AD to name a few.

This 'Policy Conflicts' portal view was available in the Intune Classic Portal, but appears to have been removed from the Azure Intune Blade (for reasons unknown).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I checked on this and the reason we don’t have a “policy conflict” view in the Azure portal is that policy conflicts went away – the most stringent always wins. That’s why we didn’t create that view as we started moving things over.
    You can see more information in the FAQ here
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-profile-troubleshoot
    Also, one of our MVPs wrote an article about how to see what policies are applied.
    https://www.anoopcnair.com/start-troubleshooting-intune-policy-deployment-issues/
    I hope this helps! I’m going to mark this request declined, since it is “moot” at this point. But if you see other aspects of troubleshooting policy that we haven’t addressed yet, please file them. :-)

8. Regarding the updating of public information for the behavior of assigning apps to the device group

We recognized that there is a divergence in behavior between actual environment and public information is describing.

Title: Assign apps to groups with Microsoft Intune
    URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/apps-deploy

This document mentioned as below

After you've added an app to Microsoft Intune, you can assign the app to users and devices.

You can assign an app to a device whether or not the device is managed by Intune.

The following table lists the various options for assigning apps to users and devices:

When apps are assigned as “required” to devices, apps are installed successfully, but if apps are assigned as “Available” to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The legacy PC software client is deprecated and will be going end of life on October 15, 2020. If you still see issues between the documented functionality and the actual experience when enrolling PCs in MDM, feel free to re-file this with the category “Apps config and deployment”.

See: aka.ms/Intune_silverilght_console for more information on the PC software client’s end of life.

9. Enable Bluetooth contact sharing - Android for Work in SCCM

Include this intune feature for enabling Bluetooth contact sharing for android for work in SCCM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion for Hybrid Mobile Device Management (MDM) with Intune and Configuration Manager.

As of August 14, 2018, we have announced that on September 1, 2019, we will retire the hybrid MDM service offering, so we are declining any suggestions specifically for hybrid scenarios.

We still support co-management, which enables you to concurrently manage Windows 10 devices by using both ConfigMgr and Intune.

We encourage you to start planning your migration for MDM from the ConfigMgr console to Azure and to shift your UserVoice votes to MDM features for Intune. For more information, see https://aka.ms/hybrid_notification

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for using Intune and Configuration Manager!

10. Sync Apple VPP B2B Apps to SCCM and Intune hybrid.

The ability to sync Apple VPP B2B Apps to SCCM and Intune hybrid. Intune standalone can support it and we need this for SCCM.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion for Hybrid Mobile Device Management (MDM) with Intune and Configuration Manager.

As of August 14, 2018, we have announced that on September 1, 2019, we will retire the hybrid MDM service offering, so we are declining any suggestions specifically for hybrid scenarios.

We still support co-management, which enables you to concurrently manage Windows 10 devices by using both ConfigMgr and Intune.

We encourage you to start planning your migration for MDM from the ConfigMgr console to Azure and to shift your UserVoice votes to MDM features for Intune. For more information, see https://aka.ms/hybrid_notification

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for using Intune and Configuration Manager!

11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lock Wi-Fi to connect only single Wi-Fi profile that assigned to device.

My customer wants to lock android device to connect only single Wi-Fi profile (or see only one profile) that they configured.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intune Engine version report

we need a report to view all Intune engine version installed on our PCs, this came as MS put in an alert and asked to update the engine, yet we don't know (from 500+ PC) which one needs the update

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2017-11937

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve Android Hardware Inventory to include "Android Security Patch Level" in SCCM / Intune Hybrid

Current "Intune Company Portal" do not report "Android Security Patch Level" as part of the Android Hardware Inventory to SCCM in a Hybrid environment.

This is important as our security policy requires that the device must be up-to-date on Android Security Patch inorder to be "In Compliance"

From an administrative point of view it should be possible to have an overview of your Android devices to verify whom devices that has been upgraded with the latest security updates from Android.

Security Vulnerabilities are rapidly increasing for mobile devices, e.g. the previous KRACK Vulnerability. Hence it would great to see that…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do now support setting the security patch level for Android devices in Intune, as of the June 2019 release, but we announced deprecation of support for hybrid a while ago, and I missed this since it was in Android and not the hybrid category. I’m going to say declined because this specified hybrid, but hopefully with co-management you’re getting what you need. If not, post back.
    Thanks!

15. Display Subscriber Carrier Details in Device Overview

Intune Hybrid/SCCM you are unable to see the Subscriber Carrier Details of the device in the Device Overview page. There is currently no column for this in Device Overview however it is inventoried. This would make administration of mobile devices much easier for a mixed-carrier environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display Phone Number in Device Overview

Intune Hybrid/SCCM you are unable to see the Phone Number of the device in the Device Overview page. I am able to mark the device as "Company" and see the full phone number when I check hardware in Resource Explorer but I would like to see this phone number when looking at device overview. There is a column for Phone Number but nothing appears in this field. This would allow easy reference and verification when administrating devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Bring back ability to filter by compliance status

Azure Intune used to afford the ability to sort by Compliant, Not Compliant, Error, and Device Not Synced. Since introducing updates to the Compliance Policy tab, Microsoft has removed this ability. It is near impossible to view devices out of compliance in Intune without having to export the data to excel and filter it myself.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Autopilota

Hi,

In Windows Autopilot if would be great if there was possibilities to enroll/upgrade devices that runs Window 7, to Windows 10.
    Today, if the customer has Windows 7, it's a much bigger and more painful project to get them started with Microsoft 365/Windows 10.

Regards,
    Niklas

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Print a copy of Compliance/Configuration Policy

I see that you can print a list of your compliance and configuration policies but when you open the policy to view its contents, one must screen shot the policy to print or show. Please allow one to create print friendly version of the policies or inclue a print function in the portal. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We chose not to implement print or fax features for Intune and won’t be doing so.
    For lists, we provided export into CSV so all rows and columns are available.
    These can be imported into your favorite spreadsheet or other program and formatted.

Also PowerBI can produce formatted reports, so that might be an option, but marking this one declined so you get your votes back.

20. When will full PC Client/MDM Parity be available?

What is the story on when the Full PC Management will be available via Intune MDM vs installing the PC Client. Today, if you want to use the client you have to view the status, etc through the Intune Admin Console that utilizes Silverlight. When will this be moved over to the Azure Intune Portal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base