Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile data monitoring and reporting

Nowadays with the amount of mobile data consumed by mobile devices only seems to increase, it would be great if Intune was able to monitor and report on mobile data usage across Mobile/Wifi and Roaming zones for each mobile device Intune manages. Windows and Android have this built into their OS's and iOS has a very good third party app you can use which works great.

It would also be great if this was supported for both Intune only and SCCM hybrid environments, perhaps with a dashboard or at least some decent SSRS reporting.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Event trigger to change policy like Camera on/off when on/off duty

Anxiously desired feature to change policies triggered by event like NFC, Bluetooth, GPS, geo fencing or even an managed app. This is the TOP 1 frequently asked functions in BYOD scenario where employees needs to work in control area like manufacture, foundry, factory with IP rights protection. For example, IT needs to disable employee's camera on their BYOD cellphone in control area, but need to enable camera while employee is off duty leaving control area. Two management profiles locally and if the switching can be triggered by NFC/Bluetooth/managed app button may be needed to avoid users having no constant internet…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Fencing - geo, time speed, etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not understanding the part about being triggered by NFC/Bluetooth/managed app button. Are you thinking users would swipe in or out with their phone? We’ve been discussing various geofencing and geolocation scenarios. Could on duty/off duty be a function of timing? Or timing plus location?

3. Auto Selective Wipe When an Account is closed.

When an end user account is set to auto-expire, this will also perform a selective wipe on the end user devices on the date/time the expiration was set.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@TheScreamingRichard – If you can do it in the UI, you can do it with Graph – we build the UI entirely on top of Graph. :-)

This page has the remote actions
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/resources/intune_devices_remoteaction

There’s one member called
    factoryReset

and there’s a different member called
    removeCompanyData

there’s also one called
    factoryResetKeepEnrollmentData

I’m assuming it’s one of those you’d be able to call for a Graph-based solution, though our Graph people are all at Build this week so if that’s not what you need I can ask them when they get back.

4. The ability to block specific dangerous / malicious applications

The ability to block specific dangerous / malicious applications for iOS and Android. (competition can do it)

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Active Notification/Prompt to Restart to Update

Have a configurable prompt indicating that a restart is required. Users shouldn't have to click on this passive icon and then have the option to restart now or restart later.

The option "Allow logged on user to control Windows restart after installation of scheduled updates and applications" When set to yes: "Prompts the logged on user to restart Windows when required"

Yet, I receive no prompts. Just a passive icon - not even a balloon. Additionally once I hover over it there's an indication that a restart is needed. I think it would be helpful having it prompt and request…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. USB Storage Restriction Policy

Intune should include a USB Storage Restriction Policy for computers.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to deploy Office 365 desktop applications with Intune

Deploying the click-to-run Office 365 applications via Intune is a pain. Please add predefined deployment packages to the Intune console that just need to be assigned to target users/computers

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Today we released support for assigning Office 365 ProPlus apps to devices that run Windows 10. Does that count as “adding predefined deployment packages”? Or is there something we’re missing here? If you think we covered it, I’ll mark it complete.

8. access file server on on-premises network

Will Microsoft deploy an application like secure context locker from AirWatch to access on-premises file server and links. Then, use container concept to protect the downloaded data on the application.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a few seats (15-25 users maybe) to MSDN subscribers

Currently, if an IT professional wants to either test Windows intune features or demo the features to potential customers, you have to sign up for a trial. Features change so often though, and (my customers anyway) often want to see what the product does and you end up signing up for multiple trials and rebuilding your lab/ PoC environment. My MSDN subscription includes $150 of Azure Credit, Intune should be there as well

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Azure credits work differently than trial accounts, as you’ve seen.

One thing some people don’t realize is, we have no limit to the number of trial Intune tenants you can create for a single email address. Believe me, I’ve created dozens on my Microsoft email address. We don’t care how many you create, though there is a limit that each tenant can have only one trial account. I know, it means you have to keep recreating environments, but at least it lets you see what’s new any time you want.

If you are a Microsoft Partner, we have benefits that help with this. You can check out https://wpc.microsoft.com.

10. Export and import custom MDM policies in the Azure Intune portal

I have not seen the ability to export and import custom policies - both compliance and configuration policies - in the Azure Intune portal.

We have many customers where we set up our standard policies, and we have to do this manually for all customers.

The export function in the portal today just creates a csv of the view in the console, it does not export the actual policies - as far as I can see.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Apple VPP Token - Delete Token

Intune Preview is now supporting Apple VPP with both Apple ID and Device Based app deployment. Additionally, multiple VPP Token Support is provided.

I have successfully added two VPP Token to my Intune Preview Instance and sync the apps purchased for managed distribution. I have successfully deployed apps to a DEP Enrolled Device using VPP Device Based App assignment - hence during deployment the device was not prompted to enter an Apple ID.

I have two issues:

1 - There is no user interface exposed within Intune Preview to delete an Apple VPP Token once created. Please add the ability…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign Scope Tag for bulk of Devices

Suppose, the business has 1000+ devices, and they need to be assigned with different scope tag, its really painful to assign the tag one by one, so we would like a design change to allow Scope tag assignment for bulk of devices instead of one by one

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for OSX

It would be great if Intune could manage Mac OSX computers directly via an agent. This is already possible for PCs.

Many of my clients are small companies who run a mix of Mac OSX and Windows PCs. They are too small to run System Center Configuration Manager. It would be great if Intune could manage OSX without relying on System Center.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  MacOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Defense Contractor Industry needs FIPS 140-2 Enforcement on all Mobile Devices.

The Defense Contractor Industry needs FIPS 140-2 Enforcement on all Mobile Devices. IOS with Outlook Mobile and Intune is FIPS 140-2 compliant. Android is not. This will force all Defense Contractors to move to IOS devices if Intune and Outlook mobile cannot enforce FIPS 140-2 encryption at rest and in transit. All Defense Contractors must be FIPS 140-2 compliant by the end of 2017.http://www.natlawreview.com/article/cybersecurity-update-dod-releases-long-awaited-final-rule
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/azuregov/2016/09/15/how-microsoft-azure-government-enables-defense-industrial-base-companies-to-comply-with-new-dod-cyber-security-rules/

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

released the week of Nov 6 – a new device restriction settings for Windows 10
    Password – settings to enable FIPS and the use of Windows Hello devices secondary devices for authentication
    Does that get you close?

15. intune mam user status report detail

Intune MAM User Status needs a detail report to list which users are included in the graph. Would like to know which users have 'no policy' and why - is it an OS restriction or a policy deployment failure or an unsupported app?

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Conditional Access for SharePoint On-Premise

Please add support for configuring Conditional Access towards an On-Premise SharePoint environment.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Company portal app customization

Allow us to customise the Company Portal App , I would like to change the app name to Intune Company Portal, change some of the fields names, "contact IT" we don't use the term IT anymore also present the end user our terms and conditions during the enrolment.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have the end user terms now in Intune standalone. We’re working on getting it in hybrid, too. I’ll pass the rest along to the client team. The tricky thing with changing the name of the app is it’s built into the app manifest and requires recompiling the entire app. :-(

18. inventory the version of IE in software inventory

When running the detected software report, it would be really helpful if we could get an Microsoft Internet Explorer report that shows what version(s) are installed on client machines,

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Collect company portal logs remotey

It would be great and very helpful to be able to collect the "Company Portal log files" remotely, i.e. e.g. being able to trigger the device from the ConfigMgr console (Intune Hybrid) to send the company portal log files. In case of troubleshooting (e.g. as part of a MS support case) is often difficult to get such log files and having to ask the end users to mail them is not a nice solution. Additionally, it would be nice if the company portal log files can be extended with more helpful information.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support the "always on" feature in the VPN policy configuration for VPN V2 (instead of requiring a seperate CI item)

Support the "always on" feature in the VPN policy configuration for VPN V2 (instead of requiring a seperate CI item)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base