Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom category list

The delivered categories for mobile application software organization in the portal are not relevant to our business. It would be helpful if we could create our own category names so we don't have to put everything under Other.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Intune email alert to admins on user device enrollment

Provide ability to create email alert to admins when a user enrolls a new device in Intune. This will allow admins to be notified and then make sure the device has been added to the proper Intune policies. It will also allow for security tracking on new devices that are being added to the environment for accessing Office 365.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Changing status to Noted since Heena is a PM on the team. Also, bumping her question so it will go out to supporters:

Can you please elaborate on how Admins plan to target policies to these devices? Will they do user targeting or device targeting? If user targeting, can they target these policies to the user group prior to any devices being enrolled?

3. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow installs to be repaired

Too often it seems that "one or more agents are not installed properly" on my client computers. The client computers don't seem to be aware of this though, as trying to install the software on them reports that the software is already installed.

It would be nice to be able to "repair" an install of Intune without having to go through the whole process of uninstalling and re-installing the agents.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add device name and linked user to malware email notification

You have got to add the ability to send an email every time a user gets malware. The email needs to have the Computer name and Linked User in it. Right now I can only see the Malware name.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an Operations Manager management pack for Intune

Provide an Operations Manager management pack for Intune. The inability to provide any Operations Manager monitoring for Intune is a significant gap in the Microsoft story and directly opposed to the stated direction that Microsoft will have a management pack for all products. The cloud based solutions need to be able to be monitored!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s been a while since I worked on a management pack – I wrote the docs for the SMS 2003 MP – so my memory isn’t all that great. But I’m pretty sure management packs are to tell you what’s happening on your server infrastructure. And with Intune, well, you don’t have any servers; we have all the servers and they are in the cloud. So . . . .what would you be monitoring? I think the problem you are trying to solve is knowing when the service is down, and I think what you’re asking is for the service alerts to show up in the Ops Mgr console, since that’s where you’re already looking for issues. Is that accurate?

Also, just curious, are you using Intune standalone, or attached to Configuration Manager?

7. Ability to search apps from the store instead of pasteing URL

Like some other MDM's it would be helpful if admin could just search the app from the app store (inside intune) and select it. App metadata should be inserted automatically too.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MDM mail profile management, no duplicate password prompt/remove app password requirement

When a mobile device (specifically iPhones tested at this point) is enrolled into 365 MDM, you have the option to control the mail profile on the device.

When this option is ticked, after enrolling the device through the company portal app, we would expect the mail profile to be complete and require no further interaction from the users.
    This however, is not the case, and the user is prompted for a password from the native mail app on the phone.

When MFA is not enabled on the account, the standard account password works.
    When MFA is enabled on the account,…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, James, I see your comment. I sent you mail out of band using the UserVoice “contact subscribers” feature, but that doesn’t show up in the conversation on the public site. But if you’re having problems reading that mail, here’s what I said:

Have you already opened a support case on this? If so, can you reply to this mail with the support case number so I can look at the case notes? If you haven’t opened a case, that’s what I’m going to suggest next, so they can look into what’s happening.

9. No option to disable hotspotting

Data use by employees is a big concern. Our employees currently need managers approval before we turn on hotspotting.

I don't see an option to manage hotspotting in InTune. This is definitely something that needs to be added as it can lead to very high cellular bills if employees use it when they aren't supposed to be.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Telecom Expense Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate access to portal in Office 365 Apps menu.

When you click in the Office 365 menu box (Top Left) it would be great to have the Intune Company portal as an option.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need clarification :-)

First: Are you saying when you click the “waffle” icon in the upper left corner of an O365 app like Mail, Calendar, etc that you would want to see Company Portal listed along with all the other apps? (and yes, we really call it the waffle here.)

Second:
    We have some Intune features built into O365, without you even needing to buy Intune. Let’s call this “Intune Lite” even though we don’t really call it that.
    We also have a “better together” story with )365 and an Intune subscription. Let’s call that “Intune Full”.
    Intune Lite can’t deploy apps – you need Intune Full for that.
    Since the Company Portal is primarily for distributing company apps, would you want it listed if you have only Intune Lite? Or would you want it only if you have Intune Full?

Please keep the comments coming!

11. Simpliy enrollment process - provide better user experience

It would be great if we can reduce the steps necessary for enrollment in Intune somehow. Having all this user interaction is not good. Instead of having to confirm various user dialogs it would be great if a user can trigger the enrollment process - e.g. by specifying username and password - and the devices enrolls without a need for the user to confirm anything else.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enrollment is a process that varies widely among platforms and enrollment methods. This suggestion is pretty vague, so I doubt we’d ever be able to call it “complete” – I’d encourage you to spin up more specific feedback on particular elements and move your votes to those. However, I did want to let you know that with the updates we’re releasing the week of Nov 6, we now have:

New enrollment status page for Windows 10 enrollments
    You can now configure a greeting that appears when your users enroll Windows 10 devices. Use the Enrollment Status Screen to configure a custom message and a hyperlink to be displayed to your end users when they enroll their Windows 10 devices. The Enrollment Status Screen will also give end users a view into the progress of policy settings that are being applied to their device.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new

Hopefully you can make the experience…

12. When adding an app you need to download an attachment

When adding an app it triggers a download that you have to open to get the upload wizard. That is problem one.

Problem two is that every time you finish adding an app, the window closes and if you want to add another app you have to download and open the same file every time.

Solution: figure out a way to not have an extra download and to add an option for "save and new" so the window doesn't close if you want to add multiple apps.

Very annoying to have to continuously reopen that window.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Asked around on this one and confirmed, we have to have the separate app to upload other apps for security reasons. But it shouldn’t have to download the new app every time, just when there’s been a version change.

If you are using Chrome or Firefox, I’ve been told downloading every time is the default behavior, but you can download the setup.exe and save it, to launch when needed.

If you use IE, it’s supposed to launch off the locally stored cache.

It’s definitely on our list of things we know are painful for customers.

13. Hardware Inventory for Mobile Devices Enrolled by Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager

At the moment the inventory we get from our more than 900 WP8 Phones is very limited.
    See also; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn469411.aspx

Please implement a feature that we can see the following:

Wi-Fi MAC
    Subscriber Carrier
    Phone Number (for company phones not only the last 4 digits. we need the complete number)

Phone Number2 (for DUAL SIM phones)
    International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI (IMEI)
    Free Storage Space
    Total Storage Space
    Serial Number
    Model (f.e. Lumia 925)
    Manufacturer (f.e. NOKIA)
    Current Operator Name
    Data Roaming Enabled

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Certified Trainers(MCT) should have easier access to Intune while teaching classess that demo Intune

I was asked by Intune support to post here. I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer that teaches the 20697-2 Windows 10 course. That course has a lot of Intune content. The course calls for teaching Azure, Office 365 and Intune. There is more Intune material in the course than any of the other cloud topics. As an MCT it is pretty easy to get access to Azure and Office 365, but VERY difficult to get access to Intune without having to go through support. And even after getting access, it is only for 30 days. Which means that when I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, I totally hear you. I was an MCT before I came here, back in the old days of newsgroups – maybe we ran into each other in the virtual cafe. I’ve had conversations with the training group, and with the engineering group about the overall difficulty of labbing in the cloud environment. It’s not just the subscriptions, though that definitely a pain point. It’s also being able to reset to a clean environment without having to build it all from scratch every time. I don’t have anything to report, but know that I bring it up every chance I get.

15. Give the ability for a provider to manage multiple tenants via a single portal.

Give us back the multi-account portal.
    why would you remove the ability for a provider to manage multiple tenants via a single portal.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Scott, are you a partner? You’re right, we have changed the experience for partners managing multiple tenants. If you let me know what Partner you’re with, I can share your suggestion with our Partner team.

16. Intune admin console fails to load in Edge browser - states that it needs Silverlight when newest version installed

Title says it all.

Runnign Windows 10 enterprise latest build, fully updated.

Just downloaded Silverlight and installed it again to ensure it was up to date.

Still getting the error that states you must have Silverlight installed.

Come on guys.....this is silly.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup. Edge decided not to support Silverlight. Intune admin console still uses Silverlight. We’re working on a change but nothing to report yet. I’d merge this into “replace Silverlight with HTML version” but you’re already a supporter for that one in the Ideas forum.

17. GUI for Windows 10 Custom Polices

Create a GUI interface with easy to use point and click interface to allow customization of Windows 10 policies for OMA-URI settings. Also have the ability to export/import these custom policies for easier administration.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt126215.aspx

There is no reason why a person should need to manually type these in values in.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand that having full UI would be preferable, but the reality is this is the best we could do with the time and resources we had. We know that importing and exporting would also be better, and we’d like to do that when we get a chance. In the short term, it was important to get something, even though it’s not ideal. On the plus side, it’s now possible to copy and paste the URI paths instead of manually typing them in. We’ll watch this one and see how much traction it gets with the rest of the community – having lots of votes definitely gets more attention.

18. Set a Proxy Server/PAC-file via Configuration Policy for Windows 10 Desktop

A few clients I work with would like to be able to set and maintain the Proxy Server for IE and Edge. Currently, they need to create an MSI which sets 2 registry keys to use a specific PAC-file.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Join appconfig.org

Please join http://appconfig.org like all other EMM.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Task to reset local Windows user password to default

It would be very useful, if we could send a task to a device (like reboot the device), to reset the password of a pre-defined local user. It should be possible to define the user (e.g. Administrator) and the password.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base