Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set a Proxy Server/PAC-file via Configuration Policy for Windows 10 Desktop

A few clients I work with would like to be able to set and maintain the Proxy Server for IE and Edge. Currently, they need to create an MSI which sets 2 registry keys to use a specific PAC-file.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Task to reset local Windows user password to default

It would be very useful, if we could send a task to a device (like reboot the device), to reset the password of a pre-defined local user. It should be possible to define the user (e.g. Administrator) and the password.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Control roaming possibility on per app basis

Microsoft Intune should at minimal level allow policies controlling use of roaming. Depending on what is technically possible one of the following would alone enable the business case for implementing MDM

- Control what apps are allowed to use data with Roaming
    - Control max-data transfer allowed with Roaming

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Telecom Expense Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To confirm, are you talking about roaming like when your cellular service is charging you more? Windows Phone already has data sense.. Are you asking for policies to control that on WinPhone? I don’t know about iOS or Android – do they have anything similar that you want control of, or is it a concept that doesn’t exist for them?

4. OS version checking of Application deployment

There is no option to control OS version of application deployment for internal business applications through Microsoft Intune.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. App deployment for iOS - grey out device groups

While setting up app deployment for iOS devices using managed apps I could not get the apps to show up in the company website.

The issue was that I had deployed the apps to a DEVICE group instead of a USER group.

If app deployment is a per user configuration, could you add a warning or grey out the device groups when adding a managed iOS app as it will never be available when the user logs into the company website unless it assigned to a group the user is in. That has taken me a couple hours of support…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I’m going to move this to the ideas forum to be considered there. I’m also going to make a duplicate of this that says "add documentation about . .. " and assign it to the documentation category. Our writers are awesome about picking up stuff like this, so at least in the short term we should be able to make that more clear.

6. Auto Enrollment based on Device and not user

There needs to be a way to have your on prem AD joined Windows 10 systems be able to be auto enrolled to Azure AD / Intune with out having to login to every single system. Maybe group policy? Maybe some power shell scripts? Because right now Intune is useless to my organization if I have to login to every single 2000 systems to configure Intune.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow admins to add notes to inventory

We have tons of valuable devices and lots of "events" occur with these units.

Some are stolen, lost, broken, loaners, unknown... all kinds of etc.

If we could group these items and use Intune to add minor notes....

Intune would also become a valuable inventory tool.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@Jamie, thanks for the heads up, I merged the requests. I personally think this request is different than the “management name” field, because I would assume a larger field for more info. But if you and @Tony feel like it fulfills what you were asking for, I can call it complete

8. InTune Standalone Custom Scripts

We are a smaller organization (under 1K machines) and are trying to use Intune Standalone to manage our PC fleet.

With SCCM we used custom scripts to do multiple things but a big one was for custom software deployments.

Currently Intune does not support this and I believe it would be a great feature to have moving forward.

If not custom scripts support maybe some type of solution to accomplish the task.

Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to check in on this – in November we added the ability to manage PowerShell scripts in Intune for Windows 10 devices
    The Intune management extension lets you upload PowerShell scripts in Intune to run on Windows 10 devices. The extension supplements Windows 10 mobile device management (MDM) capabilities and makes it easier for you to move to modern management. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/intune-management-extension

Does that get you want you want?

9. Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console

Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console.

While Performing the Selective Wipe through Azure Intune Console it was showing the multiple device with no time period,in that case we were not able to choose the current device which needs to be wiped out.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Configure iOS Managed Domains via Policy

It would be great if you could configure iOS Managed Domains via a configuration policy and not by using a custom policy with Apple Configurator. I find the Managed Browser pretty useless since Safari is always the default. If someone clicks a link in their email it opens Safari. I would like an easy way to put our domains as Managed iOS Domains to prevent data leakage.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Replace Easy Assist with Log Me In

Replace Easy Assist with Log Me In, Office and Intune Support is using this also.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Remote Assistance/Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VPN ID field is mandatory, why?

When creating a VPN profile for IOS, there is a field called "VPN Identifier (provided by VPN vendor)".

1. why is this field MANDATORY (according to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2685 as far as I understand, it should not be) ?
    2. VPN providers I contacted did not know what it was and they did NOT provide the ID. (ex. Microsoft Intune Hotline, Synology Helpdesk)
    3. Customer data following it isn't clear either...

Would it be very difficult and highly unprofitable to put a little more information next to each field in the forms (generally speaking)?

Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Certs, Email , VPN, Wi-Fi  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Thomas, I heard back from the PM who owns that and he said “VPN identifier is what iOS uses to call the appropriate app on the device to initiate the VPN connection. If VPN identifier is not provided, VPN connection is bound to fail because iOS won’t know which VPN app to open.”
    If you want to cite a specific section the RFC I can take that back to him.
    Cathy

13. prompt for device password change before it expires (iOS)

Hello.

Currently, when you set password expiration (days) in device restriction policy, user is not being prompted when the device password is about to expire. User get prompted though when it is already expired.

Shouldn't the alert happen before it expires and not after?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. remote control / Screen Control of device after user accept

Ability to remote control iPads, iPhones, Androids, Windows Mobile (Previously Phone) and Windows 10

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Remote Assistance/Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Email access is delayed for 1-3 hours when enrolling in Company Portal app and conditional access in Intune.

Setup:
    - Conditional Access with Exchange On Premise
    - Default Access rule set to "Block"
    - Configuration Policy that configures the email client on iOS/Android

After enrollment, it takes 1 - 3 hours for the device to become 'unblocked / access granted' in Exchange.
    This makes staging of the devices very difficult as we need the username/pass during enrollment & we can only start showing the email functionality after several hours.

This is not mentioned in the documentation (as a matter of fact, the documentation states that it should be unblocked within 2 minutes). MS Support confirmed this is indeed…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    noted  ·  Nbigman MSFT responded

This suggestion has been passed along to the documentation team.

16. Licence usage data

Can we have access to licence usage in the Intune Data Warehouse.
    Rational is to allow for dashboard view of licence allocation against usage. To enable harvesting of licences which aren't being used.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune Data Warehouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Bumping Pragathi’s comment – she’s on the product team and would like some clarification -

1) When you say license allocation, do you mean Intune license assignment to individual employees in an organization?
    2) How are you defining “usage” and “license usage”?

17. manage personal computers as computers?

I wish there was some kind of support for Intune to manage personal computers as computers. I run a computer repair shop and I see lots of people falling for these scams involving overseas people offering remote managed services, but instead of offering real services, they just install fake AV software and spyware, and charge big money for it too! I'd like to offer a legitimate service that includes managed AV and "light" system monitoring (health status), and Intune seems to include this, but only for Pro versions of Windows. Can Intune not run in a limited fashion on Home…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, an update on this –
    Windows 10 Home does support very limited MDM capabilities. Intune is able to manage Windows 10 Home. Many of the CSPs (configuration service providers) are disabled on Home version, and if Intune tries to push these to Home devices, these CSPs will fail. This is by design.

I’m not marking it “complete” because you’re saying “manage personal computers as computers” and this would really be “manage personal computers as mobile devices.” But in case this helps you at all, here you go.

18. Give users more votes in UserVoice or remove the limit.

Why am I limited by a number of votes? There are a number of great ideas here that deserve support. However, I have to choose between support other user's ideas or being able to submit my own.

As a result, I am sure that the true support for an idea is not reflected since people have to make that choice.

Just my 2 cents, that will cost me one vote to provide.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, we limit the votes because we hope you will prioritize the things you want most. It actually possible to take a vote away from something else, use that vote to create a new item, and then take the vote away from the new item and put it somewhere else. If you see items with zero votes, that’s why. That lets you get ideas out there that others might vote on, even if you want to use your vote somewhere else. I know there are probably lots of things you’d like to see, but we can only do so much at a time, and it helps us to know what you feel is important enough to spend a vote on. Feel free to take your vote back from this one.

19. Groups\All Devices and Computer Inventory report is not matching in Intune Admin portal

Groups\All Devices and Computer Inventory report is not matching in Intune Admin Portal. Like the details of last update on Groups\All devices is not matching with Inventory report. This needs to be synced properly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to manage GPOLS from Intune on windows 10 devices and deploy apps automatically!

So Basically I want to get the best of both "mobile and "devices" I don't see why I'm either able to deploy apps with the intune client and not be able to control the device (e.g. remove logon pin) or vice-versa! My suggestion is a windows 10 device can utilize both app deployment and the "policy" section of intune AT THE SAME TIME. I consider this fundamental to getting away from having to have any on prem infrastructure and still have viable PC management.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base