Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. planning installation of updates and forced reboots

when you say that a user must install updates, the pc's from the User must restart and can't do the reboot later. Updates should install to a fix termin, only after the set date and not asap after the contact to intune from a device. Our customers are all over the world for presentation and then their device prompts to reboot and the presentation must be stop. We're on the way to lost a lot of customers for Intune and also can't recommend it to our other,new customers.
    When will there be a change of the patch and install routine? …

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add ability to sort updates by date

add an extra column in the updates table for date, then allow for the ability to sort by date

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add custom right-click deployments for devices

Today when we want to deploy a software \ script \ anything
    the methodology is to add it to a group and then create a deployment
    we use PC management with many small features we added as a deployment. for example: "reset local account password, reset spooler, run windows troubleshooters, etc..."
    this kind of deployments need to be done once and for specific machines when a problem occurs.
    I wish there would be an option to add custom right-click deployments on computers, same as "Reset Computer" exists today.
    would be 10 times convenient for these scenarios

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. if a different antivirus is detected on a corporate device, give the option to disable or remove it.

I often have new PC's that arrive with demo versions of software. I cant guarantee that they are removed by the admins. Intune should have the option to remove alternate AV packages or at least disable them. This becomes an even bigger problem when the trials expire and the PC's are no longer protected.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enabled Full Wipe to all machines enrolled via MS Intune Client Software

Enabled Full Wipe to all machines enrolled via MS Intune Client Software. We can full wipe if the Machines are enrolled thru MDM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Admin Console Support on Mac OSX

Admin Console is supported today only on Internet Explorer 10 or newer, Chrome is not supported (newer versions) and Firefox will be supported only till end of march 2017, Safari is not supported even if it works with Silverlight.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Luca, we aren’t going to add support for the accessing the Silverlight console on Mac OS, but the new Azure portal supports Safari.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-preview-portal-supported-browsers-devices
    If your Intune account hasn’t been migrated yet, it should be soon now, and then you can access portal.azure.com to manage Intune using Safari. Since you filed this under Silverlight and reference it, I’ll call this one declined.

7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have our list of supported browsers here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/get-started/supported-web-browsers
    You don’t say which browser or what’s wrong, so I can’t really do anything else to help here. If there’s a specific bug you’re seeing, I encourage you to open a support case.

Support is included with the service. To open a support request, go to portal.office.com, click Support in the left navigation, and then click Overview. Click Mobile Device Management and follow the steps.

8. make the UI clearer about the state of the device while the agent is not reporting in immediately after install

After removing Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 the Intune Agent and Microsoft Endpoint client were installed. The Intunes portal however is not detecting the Microsoft Endpoint client and displays "Another endpoint application running," please see attached.

I have attempting reinstalling Intunes and Microsoft Endpoint and have run the Kaspersky removal tool "kavremover" however this did not resolve the issue.

I then logged a ticket with the Intune support team and was told that the issue may be a bug and that I would need to post my comments on your feedback portal.

Please advise if you have run into this issue…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Microsoft 365 Device Management SUCKS

I was able to create a policy and apply it to my machines. And as I have stated I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED and FRUSTRATED with Microsoft with the fact that my NONE of my previous policies or setting migrated to your NEW platform… Now I have to RECREATE all my update policies and everything else… SO GLAD I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO RECREATE WORK I HAVE ALREADY DONE!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When will full PC Client/MDM Parity be available?

What is the story on when the Full PC Management will be available via Intune MDM vs installing the PC Client. Today, if you want to use the client you have to view the status, etc through the Intune Admin Console that utilizes Silverlight. When will this be moved over to the Azure Intune Portal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manual refresh for agents not responding with a status meter

I would like to have a way to push or refresh agents that are being displayed in the Device Health as 'Not Reporting"... It would be great to be able to manually do a push or refresh and see the details in a view able window

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Boot time tracking

Please add boot time tracking to Intune client. This would be a very useful addon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. User device affinity

Can you add the ability to enable Automatic Device Linking like in SCCM.

Based on the user login frequency data.

We issue our machines to individual employees and don't want to keep explaining how you link yourself to your machine.

Please can you add in User Device Affinity like in SCCM.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/gg699365.aspx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This isn’t something we’d add to the PC client at this point. If you are using MDM to manage the device, the user that enrolls the device will be the assigned user. You can change that in the admin console (unless you used DEP to enroll your Apple devices). Since this was filed under PC management, I’ll call it declined, though it does work under MDM.

14. The "Detected Computer Software" list should include the GUID of the app to make it easier to uninstall if necessary

The "Detected Computer Software" list should include the GUID of the installed program to make it easier to uninstall unwanted, unneeded, or unsecure apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. у меня нет идей но мне кажется я пользуюсь не правдоподобным майкрософтом потому что мой сайт отличается от тех что я вижу в ютубе и прочем

у меня нет идей но мне кажется я пользуюсь не правдоподобным майкрософтом потому что мой сайт отличается от тех что я вижу в ютубе и прочем

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Hax.

Windows 7 went out of support on January 14, 2020, which is why we decided to stop supporting Windows 7 in Intune on the same date (see: aka.ms/Windows7_Intune). Windows 10 offers many more management options and is more secure than Windows 7.

Intune is constantly adding support for newer versions of all of our supported operating systems (Android, iOS/iPadOS, macOS, and Windows) and removing support for older systems as their developers also remove support. We’re happy to manage your devices no matter which of these platforms you choose.

For more information on the supported versions of each platform, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/supported-devices-browsers

17. Add a suspend feature to intune

Allow an admin to suspend Intune management or protection for a period of time without the need to uninstall the product. This would allow us to do OS upgrades / updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display Phone Number in Device Overview

Intune Hybrid/SCCM you are unable to see the Phone Number of the device in the Device Overview page. I am able to mark the device as "Company" and see the full phone number when I check hardware in Resource Explorer but I would like to see this phone number when looking at device overview. There is a column for Phone Number but nothing appears in this field. This would allow easy reference and verification when administrating devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion for Hybrid Mobile Device Management (MDM) with Intune and Configuration Manager.

As of August 14, 2018, we have announced that on September 1, 2019, we will retire the hybrid MDM service offering, so we are declining any suggestions specifically for hybrid scenarios.

We still support co-management, which enables you to concurrently manage Windows 10 devices by using both ConfigMgr and Intune.

We encourage you to start planning your migration for MDM from the ConfigMgr console to Azure and to shift your UserVoice votes to MDM features for Intune. For more information, see https://aka.ms/hybrid_notification

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for using Intune and Configuration Manager!

19. Allow Conditional Access for PCs with Intune Client

We would like Conditional Access to be compatible with the Intune Client installed on Windows 10 PCs joined to Azure AD.

Currently it is not compatible, as we just confirmed with a Microsoft support case. They pointed to this link:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/deploy-use/restrict-access-to-exchange-online-with-microsoft-intune

The link quotes "Conditional access isn't supported on PCs that are running the Intune computer client."

We had to uninstall the Intune Client and re-enrol the PCs as "Mobile devices", but lost the ability for software deployment, windows update compliance reporting, and antivirus and firewall management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update the offline scanner

Your offline windows defender does not update on most NIC drivers and WiFi, and you cannot just download a update file to upload to it, you have to re-create the scanner each time you want to use it. I would like a way of updating the virus definitions with a patch rather than re-creating each time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base