Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. iOS Company Portral should autopopulate the email address field

The iOS Company Portal app display the IT Department Email link, when tapped it opens the email client but the email mailto: is not completed with the actual email address. If one navigates to the Company Portal Webpage these links work correctly when tapped, opening a new email to send with the IT Department address in the send to field.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I moved this from Issues to Ideas, since this is the expected behavior.

The PM for this feature told me:
    “The situation is that we used to have the links to send emails automatically compose an email from the native email app and we were able to auto-populate the To line. We then got several asks to support sending the emails from Outlook or other mail apps in case the user does not have the native mail app configured. We added an app-picker that lets a user choose which app they want to use to send the email. Apple does not support auto-populating the To line of emails when using a app-picker, and we have filed a bug to Apple asking them to enable this functionality.”

So you could see if there’s support for changing it back to NOT allowing the app picker, but I think it would have to…

2. Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console

Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console.

While Performing the Selective Wipe through Azure Intune Console it was showing the multiple device with no time period,in that case we were not able to choose the current device which needs to be wiped out.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Require passcode" (maxGracePeriod) policy should be enforced or just be set to 0 by default

Hello,

iOS password grace period should be set to 0 by default. Currently, setting an auto-lock policy for iOS devices doesn't work properly as the device is locked after the set period of time but it can be postponed by the user for up to 4 hours:

On the device, go to Settings -> Passcode -> Require Passcode -> you can change this setting to up to 4 hours which shouldn’t be possible. The policy only changes settings in Settings -> General -> Auto-lock to the set amount of minutes determined by the MDM policy.

This behaviour is set by…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tooltips that actually show tips.

Can tooltips be added that provide some value throughout Intune? Many of the tooltips only restate the text that one might be wanting a tip on. Ex: a tooltip for Kiosk would say "Kiosk"...or one for Web Filter says "Web Filter". Yes, theses are basic examples, but just to illustrate my point.

What might be useful would be stating what a default setting might be to help determine if something might need to be changed. Ex: When controlling the OoBE for an iOS device, in the tooltip for Location Services state if the default is On or Off and how…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve discussed this many times internally and it’s definitely not meeting our standard to just repeat the UI string. If you (or anyone) can tell us which tooltips need fixing, I will file bugs and get them fixed. But we need to know exactly which ones so I can get the bug to the right team. If you can give us either exact repro steps or better yet attach a screenshot, that will be enough to get them fixed.

5. Integrate Microsoft Intune with bing for geolocalization the device

Many clients in projects, ask for me about how to localize the device, I think that this integration between Microsoft Intune and Bing It would be a very useful thing

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the option to delete a task

Add the option to delete a task so that you don't have to wait until finished.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Managed iOS App from the App Store isn't uninstalled when unenrollment

When user unenroll a device or administrator retire/wipe an user device, managed iOS App from the App Store which is published through Microsoft Intune isn't uninstalled. Only internal application is uninstalled on unenrolled devices. Is this a bug or Microsoft Intune doesn't support this? This feature can work on other EMM product?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Encryption setting should have either a slider or a Yes/No drop down. Providing both makes for a confusing and convoluted experience

Windows 10 mobile reports 'not compliant' and I cannot access company email, I only have conditional policy for exchange online and sharepoint online deployed.

When looking for the policy error I can see it's the encryption setting which is causing the issue, but for the encryption setting I selected 'No' which I assume means the device doesn't not have to be encrypted to be compliant.

The device it self has encryption turned on, should that block access?

I turned off the encryption on the device and everything is working again, is this a bug as clearly the settings I have…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ah. Yeah, that’s feedback we’ve had before. At this time there are not any plans to fix it, but I am not gong to mark this as declined. I moved it from Issues to Suggestions, and I changed the title to match the bug we have internally. I won’t promise that getting a lot of feedback on this will change our plans, but I will say that getting a lot of feedback would help us have a better discussion about whether we should fix it. More data is helpful.

9. Blackberry support

I want to include Blackberry to supported mobile devices in Intune.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use a group to allow or block registering a device with Intune.

I would like to have the ability to block users from registering a device or connecting to the Outlook app for mobile devices unless they are in a specific group. I can enforce compliance rules, but if they meet the compliance requirements they get in. I want to block all access unless they get final approval from management and then I can add them to the group that allows access.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, David, are you talking about standalone Intune, or hybrid with Configuration Manager? In hybrid you pick the group you want and configure that on the Intune connector, so for hybrid, we already have what you’re asking for. But not for standalone.

11. Sample configuration policy for Android for work in mircosoft intune

Hi Supporter,
    When we read the configuration policy of IOS i saw the sample config and follow it. But when reading the similar on Android for work i don't see the sample, could you help me sample configuration ?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate the consoles

Why do we have so many consoles to manage intune? can it not be simplified, it is a pain to get to the user console for an admin that is not a tenant admin

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to perform Office365 updates through Intune

Believe this feature does not exist currently. We need to have the ability to update Office 365 updates through Intune with better control. Hope am not overloooking any feature which allows us do this currently.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When you select specific columns from All Devices blade, don't export all columns

I do not know if it's a bug or feature, but when you export the data from Intune it includes all columns even though you have just specified a certian set of columns to be exported.

This should be so that the columns exported is just the ones that is specified in Columns.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Inventory (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change how company portal indicate the current device

I can now see there is a small checkmark icon indicating the current device in the list. I missed that at first.

But usability can be improved. We have 40 DEM-enrolled devices and the horizontal list only shows one device at a time.

Please show more items in the list and either sort them so the current device is at the top or display it separately.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. add multiple language descriptions to published Apps.

Please, make option to add multiple language descriptions to published Apps.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Intune - Select All/multi select and delete Corporate Device Identifiers -

Background: We are building out our Intune instance and only have a handful of devices enrolled for testing and validating. In advance of migrating from our current MDM, we imported all the Serial Numbers for our iOS devices in the Corporate Device Identifiers section under Device Enrollment. There is some "bad data" in this list as we are selling off a portion of the company and those devices were accidentally included.

Question/Suggestion: Looking for a way to just select all of the device identifiers and then start over with a good, clean import. I don't see a way to remove…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Health check tool of Microsoft Intune Client.

For example,
    - Install the health of the Component
    - Connectivity with Intune Server
    - The health of the Policy
    - The health of the Update
    etc..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure AD Join accounts can select alternative credentials for "Add Software" ClickOnce App

Azure AD Join accounts can select alternative credentials for "Add Software" ClickOnce App.

I sign into my Azure AD Join with my Azure AD account. When starting the "Add Software" ClickOnce application I can't choice another account for signing in. It's all single sign on, which also is GREAT, but in my case I would like to manage software on another tenant that isn't associated with my own Azure AD account.

Please add the option to sign in with alternative credentials

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I actually run into this a fair amount, because I’m always logging in with a bunch of different identities to test scenarios. This workaround works for me – use InPrivate browsing when you first start the Intune admin console, and then when you start what we affectionately call “MISPA” – the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher Assistant" – it will stop and prompt you for credentials.

20. Ability to remove/customize which pages are displayed when enrolling

We’d like the ability edit/remove the language (or just the option to remove the pages individually) on the first two pages of enrollment, "Set up Company Access" and "What can Company see?”.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you attach a screen shot of what you want to change, on all platforms you’d want to change it? Some screens in enrollment are controlled by the Operating System and some aren’t, so it helps to have pictures. Or if not that, if you can include the exact text for each platform, that would work.
    Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base