Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Missing in Software Catalog

Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System is actually missing now in Software Application Catalog when adding new Custom Agreement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces gener

Is it possible to give a name to the device in the deplying proces, instead of heaving to deal with a given name the deployment proces generated. We like to give the device a meaning name. We disabled the possibility to change the device name for a standard user (not admin). In the past there was an opportunity to change a device name in intune, but this opportunity has disappeared a half year ago.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Push botton

Intune need the ability to push an update from a device.
    A botton in Intune with the same funktion as the Check compliance in the Company Potal App.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Intune Device Inventory Report - Add a column for active \ inactive

When you run the report for Mobile Device Inventory Report, you get a lot of good data, however there is nothing that shows definitively that the device is Active vs Inactive.

The closest thing in the report is the column for Last Updated, which is falling short for official reporting.

Please add a column \ reporting feature for Active \ Inactive devices in the report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the August service update we added some improvements to the filter used by the Last Check-in Date – if you can decide what check-in date constitutes “active”, does that work? Especially when paired with the new Intune Data Warehouse feature?

6. Software Catalog is not searching vendors

When typing vendor name, even as in example "soft", Intune report "vendor does not exist"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ok, the steps were enough for us to get a repro on it. The follow up question from engineering is:

“Do they have at least one PC enrolled? The Add Other Software Agreement should only appear in the Licensing node and not the Apps node.”

Can anyone seeing this confirm at least one PC enrolled?

7. add apps from a non-windows os

Ability to add apps from a non-windows os. Today we require a windows pc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Device Name Not Populating Correctly for iOS Outlook in MAM

The device name in the app reporting screen does not appear to be populating correctly for Outlook (iOS). The name for Outlook is generic (iPhone or iPad), while other applications present the actual device name (see screenshot). This is the Intune Mobile Application Management portal in Azure (device is not otherwise enrolled in a MDM system).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App protection policies (APP/MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently the expected behavior, but we know it’s not good behavior. We have a work item in our backlog to separate the device name and device type into separate columns. Would that solve the problem for you?
    Since it isn’t a bug, just frustrating design, I’m moving this to the Ideas forum instead of Issues.

9. Woudl like the service to automatically select custom Terms & Conditions based on the language used on the device.

We know that we can have customized Terms & Conditions, and we know that we can assign these by user groups. What we want is to query the language used on the device and automatically select the appropriate, pre-loaded language. This would overcome any risk of the wrong language to be displayed if IT doesn't properly assign the right T's & C's based on the language used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Kevin – are you asking for this for standalone Intune, or hybrid (ConfigManager+ Intune), or both? It’s definitely something we’ve been interested in doing. Configuration Manager currently does something similar with apps, where you can have metadata in multiple languages for the same app, and the client OS picks the right one. Intune standalone doesn’t have any type of language infrastructure. So I was curious which configuration you were most concerned about.

10. Machine variables are not included in migration

Machine task sequence variables are not migrated with devices are migrated from one site to another.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing re

Unable to share Photos from Google Photos app to outlook, even though in Intune i have specified "Apps in work profile can handle sharing request from personal profile" seems to be limited to Google photos app only with Android for Work

I just get IO error, Intune support are also getting this issue.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android-specfiic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear you’re having a problem with the sharing, James. Support is definitely the right route to work through the issue. There are a few typical outcomes from a support call like this –
    1) we find out it’s a configuration issue and we help you fix the configuration
    2) we find out it’s a problem with the service and we fix the service either with an Ops procedure or a code change
    3) it’s something that is working as deigned even if it’s not a good design.

If it’s working as designed, the Support Engineers often send people here to say “this design isn’t good, please change it” and then we can prioritize it with all the other requests, from UserVoice and other customer channels. I’m not sure if you’re saying you want the photo sharing to work with regular Android phones and not just Android for Work.…

12. Better management of dates in SCCM Queries

Currently, if we want to include something like comparing dates on the hardware inventory date using functions like GetDate(), is must be done in the WQL editor and not through the GUI. Further, once you add these, you can no longer use the query editor, you must always edit the WQL. I would like to see this change in future versions so I can build queries, both inside and outside of collections, using these and similar functions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is this about queries in general, or is this related to mobile device management? I know, it’s confusing, we have two UserVoice forums, and I want to make sure this gets to the right people to look at it.

13. there should be refresh button on management pages

there should be refresh button on management pages

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Over the air deployment

IOS devices have systems such as DEP to allow devices to be locked into MDM and provide instant enrolment. This is a great feature because users can have their devices purchased and sent to them. Out of the box the setup wizard can then guide the user through enrolling their device.

Currently, the bulk enrolment work is done by IT. There is a customisations XML which can be placed on Windows mobiles but once they are wiped the XML disappears

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Stewart, I talked to our iOS guy and we’re not entirely sure what you’re asking for. Are you asking to have the same DEP-type service for Windows mobile? Or are you asking for changes in the iOS bulk enrollment process? It would help if you could walk us through what you want to happen and where it’s falling short right now.

15. No logro eliminar las tareas remotas

No logro eliminar las tareas remotas aun a pesar de que dicha tarea ya fue resuelta, y hay tareas que dan desde el 2013, 2014 y 2015 y aun así no logro que se eliminen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Buenas noches.
    Para poder ayudarte necesito un poco mas de información. Podrías indicar el producto por el cual estás consultando por favor?
    Qué serían las “tareas remotas”? En dónde deberían estar eliminadas estas tareas?.

Muchas gracias.

(translation graciously provided by Marcela Berri, one of our wonderful MVPs)

16. WP8.1 not in compliance - device not encrypted

My WP device was previously working with Intune. I upgraded to WP10, but after lots of issues, factory rest phone back to WP8.1. Intune no longer works. Says my device is not in compliance as it I not device encrypted. The link to resolve the issue does not describe device encryption. Called helpdesk and they couldn't figure it out (uninstall app, remove device, remove pin, etc).

How do I get my device in compliance so I can read my email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Sorry to hear you’re having problems with this. You say you called Helpdesk – are you a user who contacted your company’s helpdesk, or are you an the Intune network administrator saying you called the Microsoft customer support line? If it’s the former, you’d need to have your helpdesk, or your network administrator, contact Microsoft support. If you are the network admin, let me know and we’ll go from there.

17. Intune Software publishing app.exe is not working in corporate domain laptops or desktops

I think we may need to design the Software Publishing app.exe as a webpage upload's. So it is like just browse the package and click upload. Can have whatever options in the next pages in Publisherapp.exe can have webpage kind of stuff.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Moving this to the ideas forum. It sounds like you want a completely web-based experience to upload software you are trying to publish. There were security issues with doing this in the Silverlight console. But if you can supply more information about what’s not working in corp domain laptops or desktops, that might fall into either “bug” or “support case”. If you’re blocked on being able to upload software I’d suggest opening a support case, since they will be able to either help you or determine it’s a bug.

Support is free for Intune! https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn646963.aspx

18. unable to purchase licences at end of trial

Following instructions to subscribe to Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium, these were in an email we received 10 days prior to the trial expiration.

There is no button to buy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yeah, we should be making it really easy for you to buy. Thanks for letting us know it’s not! I’ll reply offline and give you a way to forward us the mail you got, Maurice. If anyone else is finding flaws like this in our workflows, we REALLY appreciate you telling us! Feel free to comment here if we are putting obstacles in your way to trying, buying, or using the product!!
    Thanks again!
    Cathy

19. Device Passcode "Gracefull" advanced notice.

We have a wide and varying group of users in our organization. Some of these users can be challenged by device passcode changes. It would be a very professional service to provide alerting during these evcents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base