Microsoft

Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem with Intune Legacy.

How do i set device complaint on intune legacy (old portal). I have deployed policies and applications.
    There are two systems on which iam runny client portal.
    Users are unable to access the apps and the policies that i have defined.

Sorry, for being a complete noob in intune service.

If you have a proper link or a video tutorial as to how do i set up will be grateful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Intune
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Intune Engine version report

we need a report to view all Intune engine version installed on our PCs, this came as MS put in an alert and asked to update the engine, yet we don't know (from 500+ PC) which one needs the update

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2017-11937

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability for service admin to move device from 'ungrouped' devices to his/her assigned group

Today only a Global admin cano mvoe devices from 'ungrouped devices' to 'specific group'. But when a new devices gets enrolled, a group specific admin (service admin) cannot move this device to his/her own group.Service admin should be able to do it. Otherwise, if we have scenario of remote offices in global countries, we cannot have a Global admin in each country, but we want to have Service admin who should own that country group. He should be able to manage the membership & devices of their own group. If we give Global admin role for various country offices, they…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display appropriate warning message in Intune portal if MDM authority is SCCM

Could you improve the Intune portal to display an appropriate warning message if the MDM authority is set to something other than Intune?

Currently if the MDM authority is set to SCCM the portal just fails with inexplicable errors like this:

> An error occurred whilst fetching MDM Authority

It would also be helpful to expose the current MDM Authority in the tenant settings somewhere.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OK, thanks, but in that case I’m going to say this is declined, given that MDM authority is going to become less of a barrier now that we will support “mixed” authority with Configuration Manager and Intune.
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/09/14/simplifying-transition-from-hybrid-mdm-configmgrintune-to-intune-standalone/
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/mdm/deploy-use/migrate-mixed-authority

5. Remote Ring (Intune Hybrid)

Windows 8.1 devices have a Remote ring CSP but there is no functionality in SCCM to use this. This would definitely be useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion for Hybrid Mobile Device Management (MDM) with Intune and Configuration Manager.

As of August 14, 2018, we have announced that on September 1, 2019, we will retire the hybrid MDM service offering, so we are declining any suggestions specifically for hybrid scenarios.

We still support co-management, which enables you to concurrently manage Windows 10 devices by using both ConfigMgr and Intune.

We encourage you to start planning your migration for MDM from the ConfigMgr console to Azure and to shift your UserVoice votes to MDM features for Intune. For more information, see https://aka.ms/hybrid_notification

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for using Intune and Configuration Manager!

6. during Intune install to have a progress of the install

during Intune install of an app to have a progress bar of the install

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Apps config and deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ah. Yeah, Windows 7 doesn’t have the same status that installing modern apps on Windows 8+ does. But right now we aren’t investing anything new in Windows 7. I know that’s not popular with people who are still using Windows 7, but it’s a business decision about how we use the resources we have. Rather than raise hopes on this one, I’m going to go ahead and say it’s declined, because I really don’t see us ever doing this.

7. The Antivirus is completely missing the "right click" option to manually scan an idividual file This is critical to scan archive files!

The Antivirus is completely missing the "right click" option to manually scan an idividual file! This is critical to scan archive files!
    Its completely missing from the Windows 10 Antivirus "Defender" software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Able to connect more than 1 work account to cumputer

At the moment i am working for 2 companies, both using office 365 - SharePoint. I am not able to connect both the companies to my computer - phone. The system just allows 1 company. Need the connect to both of them. Please change that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the scheduled maintenance dates and times back into the Service Center

We are missing the scheduled maintenance dates and times which were previously available in the status.manage.microsoft.com.

I have 2 different tenants, hosted in Asia, but on different servers (03 & 05), both are showing the same Intune version, however the setting available in the tenants are different.

I have spoken to Support, who have told me the difference is down to the hosted server - but they are unable to tell me when the update is to occur.

Are you add this functionality back into the Message center?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Vanita,

We changed how we show scheduled maintenance vs downtime, because we had feedback that when customers saw maintenance windows they assumed there would be down time. It created confusion, because doing the monthly service release does not necessarily mean there will be downtime.

At least 5 days before we do the monthly service update, we post to the O365 message center that a maintenance update is coming and give a link to the What’s New information. We also tell you in the message center after the tenant have been upgraded and provide the What’s New link again.

If your tenant is expected to have downtime, we will tell you the exact scheduled time at least 5 days in advance.

Since you have two tenants and they are different servers, you’d have to check the message center for each tenant.

As for differences in settings, customers may see different…

10. rework

This is inacceptable. Did you ever tried to do it yourself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a portal view that shows compliance Policy Conflicts

Add a portal view that shows Policy Conflicts - specifically, Compliance Policy conflicts - and the source of the policy - On-premises AD, Exchange ActiveSync, Exchange Online, SCCM, Azure AD to name a few.

This 'Policy Conflicts' portal view was available in the Intune Classic Portal, but appears to have been removed from the Azure Intune Blade (for reasons unknown).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I checked on this and the reason we don’t have a “policy conflict” view in the Azure portal is that policy conflicts went away – the most stringent always wins. That’s why we didn’t create that view as we started moving things over.
    You can see more information in the FAQ here
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-profile-troubleshoot
    Also, one of our MVPs wrote an article about how to see what policies are applied.
    https://www.anoopcnair.com/start-troubleshooting-intune-policy-deployment-issues/
    I hope this helps! I’m going to mark this request declined, since it is “moot” at this point. But if you see other aspects of troubleshooting policy that we haven’t addressed yet, please file them. :-)

12. Deploy patches to test group of workstations

Within Intune we need to ability to deploy Microsoft patches to a group of TEST workstations before they are applied to all PRODUCTON workstations.
    At the moment once you apply patches to one group, there is no simple way to apply those same patches to another group (other than searching for each KB number and manually re-applying each individual patch).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back ability to filter by compliance status

Azure Intune used to afford the ability to sort by Compliant, Not Compliant, Error, and Device Not Synced. Since introducing updates to the Compliance Policy tab, Microsoft has removed this ability. It is near impossible to view devices out of compliance in Intune without having to export the data to excel and filter it myself.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Restart Countdown timer reports an incorrect time

I can request a restart of a managed computer device from the Intune Console. The user is prompted that a restart has been requested and a countdown time is displayed. Before this week, the countdown timer would display that the restart would occur automatically in 12:15:00 and start counting down. The actual restart would occur in 15 minutes. I reported this to support and was told it was a known issue to be fixed.

This week I tested again and the countdown timer started at 2:00:00 and began counting down (2 hours). I decided to wait to see how long…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cannot completely Uninstall Intune Client

I need a reliable process to uninstall the Intune PC Client. I am evaluating the product and need to test the enrollment process. Not having an unlimited supply of test devices, I must uninstall the Intune PC Client software completely. I have found a couple scripts that supposedly work, however, when I re-enroll the client by installing the Intune PC Client software, it "magically" knows my credentials from the previous enrollment and never prompts me for them. As a result, I am not truly able to test the enrollment process.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Company Portal app in the Amazon app store?

I still have a few Blackberry 10 users and I wanted to see if installing the Company Portal app through the Amazon App store would let me enroll the device at all. Even just to see what it would actually do. Unfortunately it isn't on there.

Is there any way to have the app added to the Amazon app store to test it out?

Has there been any experimenting in house with doing this and if so what were the results?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base