Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Force PIN onstartup with Intune company portal install.

Force PIN on startup with the Intune company portal install for all phones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of the March 26 updates, after a compliance or configuration policy is applied to an iOS device, users are prompted to set a PIN every 15 minutes. Users are continually prompted until a PIN is set. So, not forcing exactly, but nagging, a lot – is that close?

• Please fix Phishing vulnerability in Intune Managed Browser

Please update the Intune Managed Browser to protect our end user from phishing attacks based on IDN homograph attacks.
      The attack method is described on http://hackaday.com/2017/04/19/you-think-you-cant-be-phished/.
      Chrome and Safari are not vulnerable. The Intune Managed Browser still is.
      Thank you!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • App policy and Managed browser policy can't change

Application policy and managed browser policy, does not reflect the changes to be associated with the deployment of the application. We want you to the application policy and managed browser policy can be changed

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Kazuo,
          I"m not sure what the issue is here – if this is a bug, can you tell us 1) what you’re trying to do
          2) what you expected to happen as a result
          3) what actually happened?
          Or is this something that doesn’t exist but you want us to build?

• Windows Hello Biometric Support For On-Premise Active Directory

Although Azure support is nice, Windows Hello Biometric support should be brought to On-Premise Active Directory.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Intune - Select All/multi select and delete Corporate Device Identifiers -

Background: We are building out our Intune instance and only have a handful of devices enrolled for testing and validating. In advance of migrating from our current MDM, we imported all the Serial Numbers for our iOS devices in the Corporate Device Identifiers section under Device Enrollment. There is some "bad data" in this list as we are selling off a portion of the company and those devices were accidentally included.

Question/Suggestion: Looking for a way to just select all of the device identifiers and then start over with a good, clean import. I don't see a way to remove…

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Enrollment (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Asking what country you are from twice during sign up, isn't once enough ?

When signing up for an intune account you are asked what country or region you live in (for tax purposes and to decide what features are available to you)

secondly, once you've completed the process you are again asked what country you live in (in case you forget the password ?)

shouldn't the sign up process be clever enough NOT to ask you the same question twice, i.e,. it should insert the country you entered in the first sign up screen here

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Link to "View Troubleshooting Information" is not helpful at all

When you click "View Troubleshooting Informaiton" you would hope to get a KB article that applies to the alert. Instead it just brings you to the "get support" page. Kinda useless.

If there are alerts with error codes there really should be a KB associated to that error and a KB that loads from the troubleshooting link.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Clarify the language used within Intune and the Company Portal app when a user is selecting the option to do a complete wipe of their device

The current language displayed to a user when a full device wipe and restoring to factor settings is not quite as clear as it should be. The language needs to be very clear that all data and apps will be removed and it will be completely reset. I have received this feedback from customers where they are implementing Intune and felt a little more information and clarity is needed.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Error message when filtering AD group results in Intune console

Scenario:
                    Intune standalone
                    AD Sync between local and cloud.
                    Local environment has a >1000 groups , everything is synchronised in the cloud ok.
                    In Intune management console you go :
                    Groups-Create new group- as criteria membership you try to add security groups
                    Let's say you have a few hundred groups that start with "at" and you try to filter using "at" in the select security group , you get this error:
                    : "A service error has occurred. Microsoft Intune has experienced a service error and to continue working you must restart your admin console. If this problem persists, you can…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Can't add any Apps

I've set up a new trial account.
                      I've enrolled my device and it's appearing in the dashboard.
                      When I click Apps - Add Apps I get problems.

One one machine (Windows 7 & IE, in work on a domain) I get a pop up saying "The operation failed. This error might be transient. Try re-opening the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher"

On another machine (Windows 8 & IE at home on my LAN) when I click the Add Apps button a new tab opens in IE very briefly but goes away immediately.

In Chrome (Windows 8) I get "This application requires…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong and I am positive it’s not a measure of intelligence. :-) I’ve had issues on my machine, but usually it’s because I’m dealing with different builds and environments.

I was told to run this
                        from an admin cmd prompt 
                        rundll32 windir\system32\dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache 
                        and it’s worked in the past for me.

If it doesn’t work for you, I’d suggest opening a support case. Did you know we don’t charge for Intune support? Really! Here’s the information:
                        https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn646963.aspx

• Allow mobile device that don't fully support ... reports may not conform

This label may be misleading. It may mean "Encryption is required, but this windows tablet doesn't support it, so it is allowed access via the 'Allow devices which can't support something' rule. But the what I see is a device where the ability to allow devices which don't support [etc] may not conform.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI, James,
                          I’m not sure where in the UI you are. You should be able to attach a picture to the post and show me what label you’re talking about. If you could give the repro steps, starting from the very beginning of what you’re trying to do, that will give me the context I need.
                          Thanks!
                          Cathy

• Apple DEP syncronization should not be random

When trying to use the Sync Now button in the Intune Admin console sync is never initiated or atleast the UI never shows that a sync has been completed.
                          I've been trying to force a sync since yesterday (5/25/2016) (tried 4 tinmes) and 2 more times today, but the Last Sync status still shows 5/24/2016 9:09:58 AM

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Is there a way that I can get Microsoft Intune to stop automatic downloads?

I won't shut down my laptop, just sleep it for a while, usually by closing the lid. I'll leave tabs open, naturally, because I plan to go back on within the hour. The problem is, almost every time I open my laptop, I have to log in and my tabs are gone. Lo and behold, a window in the bottom right hand corner will tell me Microsoft Intune restarted my device. I am seriously tired of these useless updates, especially because Intune restarts my device practically twice a day. (How many updates do I need? Seriously!) Anyway, unless I'm sitting…

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Ellie,
                              I’m sorry you’re frustrated. As a user of a school-issued computer, there’s nothing you can do. Your administrator has decided that you need Intune to keep your computer updated. Your administrator has some control over which updates go out and when, but it’s important for administrators to reduce risk to the school network by keeping all computers as well-patched as possible. If not, well, think about some of the unsafe computing behavior your classmates may be doing, and imagine that infecting all the rest of the computers – yours, your instructors, your IT staff.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is. When I introduce myself to other people at Microsoft, I usually say something like “You know that product that gives you those annoying messages and reboots your computer at the worst possible time? Yeah, that’s my product.” But in the end, it’s a “safety first” thing.

• Percentage during installation App to Entreprise Portal

When you install App from Entreprise Portal, we have no information during progress, i think it's a important information for eventually debug.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You didn’t mention which platform – it’s a little bit different for each because the operating systems have different ways of approaching how an external app installs other apps. The Windows Phone company portal had real-time status, then it went away for a while in the Store version of the portal, but came back.

• I cannot fix the errors in my profile like mobile phone number

I cannot fix the errors in my profile like mobile phone number

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Add a suspend feature to intune

Allow an admin to suspend Intune management or protection for a period of time without the need to uninstall the product. This would allow us to do OS upgrades / updates.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you give me more information on this scenario? Say I wanted to “Suspend Intune” – would I be turning off the admin console, or just turning off the client? You talk about “without the need to uninstall” and of course with the service, nothing is installed. Would you just go flip a button and then the clients would stop getting policy? Or stop acting on policy? I’m also not clear why you’d need to do this to do OS upgrades or updates – why can’t you do it with Intune running?

Some more detail would be helpful.

• prompt for device password change before it expires (iOS)

Hello.

Currently, when you set password expiration (days) in device restriction policy, user is not being prompted when the device password is about to expire. User get prompted though when it is already expired.

Shouldn't the alert happen before it expires and not after?

Thanks

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device

Terms and Conditions will not be displayed on second time enrollment on same device. I met this bug on an iPhone 5c device.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s what I think you’re saying, and tell me if I have it wrong -

You create Terms and conditions. You enroll an iPhone 5c and accept the terms. You unenroll the iPhone. You re-enroll the iPhone and you are asked to accept the terms again. If that’s true, that’s a bug, because the terms are recorded per user so when you’ve accepted for one, you’ve accepted for all.

However, if anyone modified the terms and incremented the version, you have the option of making everyone re-accept the terms, even if they previously accepted.

If you can repro this, being sure the terms haven’t incremented with forced re-acceptance, then yes, that’s a bug we’d like to check on. Can you confirm?

• I would like to try Intune while I'm having an O365 tenant. When selecting connect from http://aka.ms/TryMS nothing refer to my O365 tenant

I would like to try Intune while I'm having an O365 tenant. When selecting connect from http://aka.ms/TryMS nothing refer to my O365 tenant.
                                        Make it clear that I'll add thr trial to the same O365 tenant by adding the tenant name or the logged in user

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

When you go to sign up for a trial, the page gives you two options – “sign up” or “sign in”

“If your company is already using Microsoft Online Services for services such as Microsoft Office 365, we recommend that you use the same user ID to sign up. Learn more about why it is important to sign up with the same User ID. Sign in .”

So you should click the sign in link and sign in as your O365 tenant and then you should add an Intune trial account to that tenant. However, if someone has already added a trial account to that tenant and it has expired, that’s it, you can’t add another one.

This is the link to the “learn more” topic referenced on that page.

Hope that helps!

• Open mail with pre-filled recipient

When clicking "Requesting assistance" in the Company Portal App (at iOS 10) and choosing "Mail" the mail app opens with subject "Requesting Assistance" and the comment in the body "This mail can be sent to ... <IT department mail address>", but no recipient is pre-configured ("To" is empty). Therefore, the user has to copy the mail address from the mail body to the to-line. :-( (not knowing if this is a limitation coming from iOS ...)

It would be great if you can pre-fill the to-line with the mail address directly. :-)

This would make more sense and makes live…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It used to be that way, but changed it based on feedback that people weren’t always sending it to that address. I’ll leave this as “noted” and if there was a HUGE swell of support for this, they might consider changing it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath (or votes) on it changing back.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base