Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Suggestion box powered by UserVoice

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, so you can give us feedback. Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please send only feature suggestions and ideas to improve Microsoft Intune. Do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin.

Create a local admin console that is similar to gpmc/gpoadmin. The website can be slow and there are issues when you are in a corporate environment where items are locked down through a proxy. Also, this would allow third party developers to extend intune administration capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I request the feature that enables to export the setting of each terms to CSV.

I request the feature that enables to export the setting of each terms to CSV. I would like to use the data for backup and for documentation.

I think that scree shot function is avairable instead of the CSV but CSV is better for many cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. block camera app on all smarthphone in spcific place

did there is an option to block camera app on all smarthphone in spcific place (for example university) ?

thank you for your answer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fencing - geo, time speed, etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tomer, right now we don’t include that, but I converted your question to a suggestion to do that and filed it in our “fencing” category for features activated or deactivated based on physical or temporal conditions like location or time.

Also, a great place to ask questions from the community is the TechNet Forums. It’s more geared towards discussion than UserVoice, which is more of a suggestion box. Many of our wonderful MVPs read the posts there and help answer questions about Intune
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=microsoftintuneprod
    Check it out!
    :-)

4. Prepopulate login with .onmicrosoft.com - or at least provide a dropdown field.

I think it is a waste for users to have to type .onmicrosoft.com for each enrollment. Providing that as default, or at least a drop down would be great when enrolling thousands of users across the globe.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Company Portal (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tom, I’m not exactly sure when you’re wanting this to come in.

During the enrollment, you should have configured the CNAME to point to manage.microsoft.com, so users don’t have to type the server name.

Then for logon, many (most?) customers have set up “single sign on” so the users aren’t logging in with their “onmicrosoft.com” ids, they’re logging in with either their O365/Azure Active Directory ID, or their domain account and password if you have onprem Active Directory and have configured directory synchronization.

We also have “bulk enrollment” options for some platforms.

I’ll call this “noted” for now, so you can add to the thread if I’m totally missing the point. But hopefully, one of the ideas above would address the root of your concern.

5. product install & setup

We're trying to use the MDM in office 365. This really need to be a much more finished product before you publish it. The documentation does not match the screens we are seeing on setup. This needs to run much much faster to be a useful product. 96 hours to get an e-mail user set up is just not going to work in the real world. The settings leave to much room for users to bypass policies, there is to much data leakage. reports don't work.

We set this up and try to enroll users, I'm told it will take…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Phillip, I’m sorry to hear it’s taking so long to get it running. You’re talking about a lot of issues here, and I’m not clear which are configuration issues where a support call could help and which are specific suggestions for improvement. For example, on the last issue, I don’t know if there’s something wrong and you need support to look into why there are no devices in the report, or you want to file a suggestion to decrease the time it take to run the report. So I’m not sure what I can do to help. :-(

6. Conditional Access un-check Windows mobile and Windows devices then saved they disappear completely!

When configuring Conditional Access - if Windows mobile and Windows devices check-boxes are un-checked, and then the configuration is saved, ONLY iOS and Android are offered as options from that point forward. I can find no way to get the options to include Windows devices.

see screen shot of options after this is saved -the Windows configuration options are gone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lumia 930 displayed as Surface Pro 3 in Company Portal

I understand people are still working on support for Windows 10 Mobile, but here's an issue:

When enrolling my Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Mobile (build 10166) installed, it shows up as a Surface Pro 3 in the Company Portal.

Screenshot: http://1drv.ms/1HrjOzC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    noted  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Release Management Enhancement

Currently Intune SaaS and Company Portal Update Notifications are not always communicated, especially when changes impact the End User experience. Can we have notifications about updates or even advance notification of applied SaaS Updates appearing on the Intune Dashboard so that Administrator can be aware of the work MS are carrying out at the SaaS backend? Currently Admins have to take reactive measures rather than proactive due to the nature of MS's release process. This is tun looks bad when a partner has to submit a ticket to investigate an update MS have already applied to Intune Service or Company…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not really sure what you’re asking for here.
    For the company portal changes, have you seen this topic, UI updates for Intune end user apps?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new-app-ui

We update that regularly whenever we make changes that end users will see, because we heard from customers that it helps them keep their internal docs up to date.

We don’t provide pictures for the Intune admin console because there’s too much UI to cover too frequently, but we do document what’s changing here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/whats-new and we update that frequently. Also, when we do our major monthly service release, we post a notification in the Office Message Center at portal.office.com and remind you to look at the What’s New topic for the fresh updates for that service release.

Is there something different you’re asking for?

9. Unable to remove a user from O365 MDM

After testing O365 MDM, we removed all policies, devices and users from the MDM group that was created for testing. However, 6 months later, the test user is still being prompted to enroll in MDM when logging into OneDrive for Business app on any mobile device. I opened a support ticket and they put the user back into the MDM group and put the group into the global MDM policies exception list. That stopped the alerts to the user to enroll but said that you cannot remove a user from O365 MDM once they have been enrolled previously. So now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Glen, I talked to our engineering team and they said that doesn’t sound right – if you take the user out of the group, the policy should not be applied and the user should not get prompted to enroll. (And much as we’d love you to buy Intune, we don’t want you to do it just to resolve this issue!)

Would you be able to give me the support case number so I can look into this?

10. consistancy is the mother of all mastery

hi,
    after creating an application or compliance policy in Intune Preview I can choose Manage then Assignments then Select Groups to Assign it to users or groups

Inline image 1

In Intune legacy, I can Manage Deployment to Deploy the object to users/devices.

Inline image 2

In configmgr (hybrid) I can Deploy the app (or whatever) to users/devices etc...

Inline image 3

wouldn't it be nice if this was consistent in all platforms, and we used the same terminology to deploy apps and settings ?

changing it to 'Assignments' is just adding more confusion imho

cheers

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Noted, but I checked with Engineering and they opted to align with the Azure Active Directory terminology instead of the Configuration Manager terminology. Since they don’t expect many people to be switching back and forth, and Azure is the workflow path we’ve chose, we’re aligning there. I’ll leave this open, and call it noted, but it would take a huge vote count to even get them to consider this.

11. The Restart Countdown timer reports an incorrect time

I can request a restart of a managed computer device from the Intune Console. The user is prompted that a restart has been requested and a countdown time is displayed. Before this week, the countdown timer would display that the restart would occur automatically in 12:15:00 and start counting down. The actual restart would occur in 15 minutes. I reported this to support and was told it was a known issue to be fixed.

This week I tested again and the countdown timer started at 2:00:00 and began counting down (2 hours). I decided to wait to see how long…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Intune PC client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, John, yes, we do read these, but it says in the last paragraph “it would be nice”, so I interpreted that as a suggestion. Rereading it, I realize that the second “it would be nice” might be a bug, but even then the next step to figure out if it is would be to open a support case. Which you already did. That is definitely the faster path – they have a service level agreement for responding to calls, but I can’t match that on UserVoice. Sorry if you were feeling ignored. But hopefully you got it fixed.

12. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps (all platforms)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Informational Up arrow

When clicking on a update, the information up arrow (right above remote tasks) at the bottom doesn't work or inconsistently works. It fails to show additional information and now just toggles.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Cole, If the show\hide does not expand collapse the preview pane make sure you didn’t drag the size of the pane to the minimum. That can make it look like the preview pane isn’t working. If that’s not the case, can you repro this consistently? On more than one computer? Is it the same in all browsers?

14. Conditional Access for PC Managed devices allowing EAS access.

Conditional Access for PC Managed devices allowing EAS access would enable the use of the Mail app in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

I've spoken with Intune Support and they've recommended enrolling the devices under MDM, but this isn't a reasonable expectation in many circumstances.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base