Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to choose/configure Email client (i.e. Outlook) within mail policy

A menu that allows you to select the default mail app or the outlook client for the type of mobile device, perhaps once outlook is selected a selection of options appropriate to the application

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      29 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since this has a lot of moving parts we’d like to get more detail on this.
      1) • Do you want end users to be able to access corporate email only through Outlook app on iOS/Android/Windows10?
      2) • Do they want to block all email access from any other 3rd party or native mail clients on mobile devices?
      3) • Once the Intune mail profile goes down to the device – do you want to block the user from creating any manual profiles?

• Contacts in Local Phone

The Team of Intune and Outlook did a great job but we believe that there are still some limitations to overcome:
      - We need the capability to sync determined objects to local OS native apps/phone without limitations, like Contacts through Outlook for iOS. Outlook for iOS, for example, is a good application that provides mail and calendar features. However, since the contacts are not synced to the native OS phone, calls/SMS are not recognized.
      - We know we can use ActiveSync for contacts, however, in case of MAM, we wouldn´t allow ActiveSync in our mobile devices.

127 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        noted  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Push notification of user via sms, email or message on screen

Abitity to warn a user via a custom notification via sms, email or message on screen.

355 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          noted  ·  14 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Support for deploying App-V packages

Right now people have to use the MSI packages generated by the App-V sequencer, rather than having native handling for the .AppV package format as SCCM does. This means that people have to resort to powershell scripting, or squeezing scripts into MST transforms in order to use App-V features such as custom configuration files or connection groups.

Also the MSI packages are very unreliable since they were mainly created for test scenarios rather than live deployments - for example they fail to uninstall when an application is in use, and you have to remove the previous version manually before installing…

166 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            noted  ·  4 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Sync Exchange contacts with local device contacts

To allow the use of SMS and caller ID,contacts contained within the Exchange ActiveSync contacts configuration needs to be accessible to the local device, the ability to configure a profile to just allow the synchronizing of contact or the export of contacts from the outlook managed app to the device is necessary. Email access cannot be allowed outside of the managed apps.

88 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              noted  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Geo-Fencing & Time-Fencing Feature

The ability to apply/remove policies based on location that could be Country, Subnet, or even Wifi Network. Also, apply/remove policies based on time. For instance, disabling Facebook while on working hours and enabling it back out of working hours.

205 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                15 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 297 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  25 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • add ability to view log files

Troubleshooting Intune is frustrating because admins can't see what is happening in the cloud. It would be easier if we could see detailed logs.

27 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • REST API to upload packages to Intune instead of web browser

As of now, it seems not possible to upload apps/packages to Intune, using sth other than your web browser (I am not talking about the horrible Silverlight-based Intune Software uploader, which has no place in this world in 2017...).

We use automated tools in our company to build or rebuild 3rd party packages and test them, and also to package our own home-made apps. Reliying on a "human" to only upload MSI files or similar, to Intune is just not scalable at all and error-prone.

Please offer a REST API to upload apps/packages from "customers local repos" to your "mmcswdb01.blob.core.windows.net"-like…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Graph  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I checked with our apps guys, and they say you can do this using the Graph API. If you’re specifically asking for REST, the answer would be to use Graph, so I’d mark this declined. If you’re OK with using Graph, I can call this “we already have this”. Will Graph do what you need?

• Push encrypted content to device

Hi. Like as AirWatch has Secure Content Locker, please add this same ability for an organization to push out content (new, updated) to a user's device(s) and computers. There should be additional parameters, like length of time the content will be on the device until it is automatically deleted. Additionally, the content should be encrypted, and decrypted in memory when accessed (unlike AirWatch on none iOS devices). File types include PDFs, Word documents, MP3 files, and so on.

In looking at OneDrive, I don't see this functionality, or this functionality integrated with InTune. So I am submitting this feature request.

30 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • intune mam user status report detail

Intune MAM User Status needs a detail report to list which users are included in the graph. Would like to know which users have 'no policy' and why - is it an OS restriction or a policy deployment failure or an unsupported app?

29 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          11 comments  ·  Mobile Application Management (MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console

Multiple entries of the same device is being shown at Selective Wipe request in Azure Console.

While Performing the Selective Wipe through Azure Intune Console it was showing the multiple device with no time period,in that case we were not able to choose the current device which needs to be wiped out.

2 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Remove duplicates

Every time when you rebuild (reinstall Windows and Intune client) a corporate PC witch was already managed by Intune a duplicate computer record is added to Intune database. Now we manually removing duplicates every month. Can you automate it?

75 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              noted  ·  2 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow blocking of iOS update

I want the ability to block updating to the newest iOS version. I have users who don't listen when I send out an email blast to not update their devices but I still get users who either don't read or just ignore the email. I want the ability to set the highest version that I want available and to disable updating to the newest version until I release it. Same type of deal as when I have to approve Windows updates.

100 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                6 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We always have problems when it comes to updates and mobile phones because unlike desktop OS, the carriers have most of the control and the platform vendor has the rest.

What we do offer now is the ability to use Conditional Access to block based on min or max OS version, so if they upgrade (even when you tell them not to) they can be shut out.

There’s a brief reference in this blog post to releasing it in hybrid, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/microsoftintune/2016/01/06/coming-soon-support-for-new-windows-10-features-apple-vpp-for-business-and-more/ and standalone went live in the latest updates.

What do you think – would you call this complete based on having some admin control, or would you hold out for the PC-like experience of blocking updates, even if it’s something that would have to come from someplace other than Intune?

• Manage iOS updates via MDM

Manage iOS updates via MDM. Apple has supported managing iOS operating system updates since iOS9 was released. Please add this functionality to Intune. Without the ability to manage the iOS updates we have no way to ensure devices are kept up to date and are adequately secured with the latest iOS security and bug fixes.

218 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  10 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • No option to disable hotspotting

Data use by employees is a big concern. Our employees currently need managers approval before we turn on hotspotting.

I don't see an option to manage hotspotting in InTune. This is definitely something that needs to be added as it can lead to very high cellular bills if employees use it when they aren't supposed to be.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Software Inventory for mobiles

As of today, there's no option for admins to view the currently installed apps on devices. only the ones that were installed via Intune. black\white listing doesn't really help because they are only after users has enrolled their devices. everything that happens before the enrollment doesn't show up.
                                    this area requires an improvement

46 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      5 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m moving this into ideas, since it’s something that doesn’t exist and could be considered. but one of the problems we run into is whether or not the operating system will let us tell what apps are installed. The OS can consider that privileged information and it may not let the management service know what is installed outside it’s sphere.

Then there’s whether the OS will let us actually prohibit an app as opposed to just telling you which devices have apps you’ve blacklisted. We work very closely with the manufacturers of the mobile OSs – we can ask, beg, tell them how much it hurts users – but at the end of the day, the OS manufacturer still makes the final call.

(This includes Windows and Windows Phone, by the way – even though we are “One Microsoft”, we are still different groups and priorities can vary when it…

• 87 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Configure lock screen/wallpaper on iOS devices at enrollment (as per Configurator)

In Apple Configurator, part of the enrollment profile is the ability to set options for the lock screen such as what information is displayed, and set a lockscreen wallpaper. In a school environment, being able to display the device name and brand the lock screen with a custom background would be increadibly useful, and this currently is not able to be done via InTune/ConfigMgr.

Add this functionality please.

34 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          noted  ·  7 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Option to deploy Office 365 desktop applications with Intune

Deploying the click-to-run Office 365 applications via Intune is a pain. Please add predefined deployment packages to the Intune console that just need to be assigned to target users/computers

39 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            4 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Today we released support for assigning Office 365 ProPlus apps to devices that run Windows 10. Does that count as “adding predefined deployment packages”? Or is there something we’re missing here? If you think we covered it, I’ll mark it complete.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base