Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy email profile to Outlook for iOS/Android

Instead of deploying a policy to configure the native email client, we need to be able to configure the (awesome) Outlook app

1,561 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      98 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Conditional access for on premise exchange and Outlook App

The below link was updated on the 17th of December. This still states that it is not possible with an on premise Exchange solution “The Microsoft Outlook app for Android and iOS (for Exchange Online only)”.
      https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn818907.aspx

This is directly affecting our implementation of Intune throughout our organisation.

The Outlook App is used by many users and this would be blocked if we implement conditional access.

The business needs to know if this is going to be corrected in future updates or if we are going to have to look at alternative solutions.

Thanks

250 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        21 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management (general)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Deploy applications to Mac OS X

Allow deploying of applications to Mac OS X, including from SCCM in unified configuration architecture.

133 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6 comments  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Michael,
          - In Standalone Intune, unfortunately, there is not yet support for deploying Mac apps. This is on the roadmap, but we don’t have dates to share at this time. Here’s a TechNet blog about our current Mac support and also how it applies to Hybrid. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/microsoftintune/2015/11/23/introducing-intune-support-for-mac-os-x-management/
          - Configuration Manager does support app deployment – instructions here. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj687950.aspx
          - Hybrid users can deploy apps in the same way as Configuration Manager if they use teh full Mac client, but it cannot be done with MDM yet.

• Incorrect reporting for Outlook for iOS mobile app in Intune

I have enabled the Intune Service to Service Connector for Hosted Exchange which has successfully run and populated all the devices connected to Exchange Online within our Intune tenant.

However, when I run the Mobile Device Inventory Report I can see that all users connecting via the Outlook for iOS app are showing up as coming from Android devices - which is incorrect. I know we have a large number of employees using the Outlook for iOS app - but all are appearing as "Android" in the report.

63 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            25 comments  ·  MDM - iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Automatically Assign DEP Profile to New Devices

I would like to see the default Enrollment Profile assigned to all devices in the DEP.

In the new Azure Portal, I have to manually assign the profile to a device and if we miss a few, it makes device deployment challenging.

Users don't like being told to erase all content and setup the phone a 2nd time. We would enroll through the company portal app, but users are able to delete the profile if enrolled that way. We do not want Employees deleting profiles.

27 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  MDM - iOS-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Unable to clear running/queued remote tasks. Some have been pending for over two months in our portal as the PCs are unreachable.

We have several workstations that have been offline for a while, some are remote and some could be in storage.

There are still remote tasks attempting to run against them (running/queued) that I cannot clear. So when they do finally come back online some may have a pending restart or full malware scan that is not longer needed.

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                6 comments  ·  PC Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yup, you are right. And the good news is, we have a bug fix coming. The bad news is, the bug fix will prevent this from happening after we roll it out, but it won’t undo the state you’re already in. Sorry about that!

I’m hearing that the engineers aren’t able to fix this on the back end at this time. I’ve pinged the product team again on this to see if there’s anything we can work out to fix anything that was there prior to the fix.

• Managed Browser for Windows Phone

Managed Browser is not currently available for Windows Phone, currently this is stopping a client switching 500 Android Tablets to Windows Phone devices.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Managed Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Encryption shows as conforms on windows 10 pc enrolled as mobile device

I enrolled a Windows 10 pc with workplace join and company portal. We have encryption enabled under common mobile device security policy.
                  The device shows it conforms to the policy whereas no actual encryption is happening.
                  We would like to have software based encryption using Intune without Microsoft account, instead encrypted with our company account

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  MDM - Windows-specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Enterprise Data Protection policies won't apply on Windows 10

I created an EDP policies and this is the error I receive on Windows 10 Pro 1511:
                    MDM PolicyManager: Policy is rejected by licensing, Policy: (EDPEnforcementLevel), Area: (DataProtection), Result:(0x86000002) Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000002.

I've tested on multiple machines and was told by Microsoft that EDP doesn't work in 1511 or Windows 10 Insider Preview.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Joseph, if by 1511 you mean the TH2 Windows Insider build, you are correct -. EDP is enabled for RS1 Windows Insider builds that started going out somewhere around December of last year. If you can get that build, it should work, but we can’t make it all happen until Windows makes the feature generally available.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base