Microsoft

Microsoft Intune Feedback

Ideas

What features would you like to see?

All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Microsoft Intune, though we can’t promise to reply to all posts.

Standard Disclaimer – our lawyers made us put this here ;-) Please note that the Microsoft Intune feedback site is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the “User Voice Terms of Service” link below for more information.

How can we improve Microsoft Intune

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when a device is 'not compliant' wouldn't it be nice if there was a clickable link to show why

Devices displayed in Intune preview can be compliant or non compliant according to the Compliant Column (Yes/No) and the details of the device. Wouldn't it be nice in cases where a device is not compliant, that you could click the 'No' and it would take you to a report, or details of what was not compliant, right now you have no idea.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Setting to Started based on Stan’s comment
      “Yes, that’s the plan. We can confirm that this work is in progress, you will soon be able to see the compliance policies for the device and the setting state of the policy on the device of each setting, right from the device details.”

• Add PowerShell support to manage the service

It would be nice if PowerShell was supported to manage the service.

696 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we move away from the Silverlight console and into the Azure Portal, we can now provide you with a Graph API for Intune, similar to the APIs you may be using with other Azure services. The Intune Graph API enables access to Intune information programmatically for your tenant, and the API performs the same Intune operations as those available through the Azure Portal.

For more information, see https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/intune_graph_overview

Here’s an example of using PowerShell to call Graph API for Azure Active Directory.
        https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/paulomarques/2016/03/21/working-with-azure-active-directory-graph-api-from-powershell/

If automation was your main priority and you don’t care if it’s PowerShell or not,  I encourage you to move your votes away from this and onto other items. I’ve created a new Graph category so you can tell us what other things you’d like to see regarding Graph automation.

• The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing)

The ability to track all events/actions in Intune (Audit /Auditing). Basically the same as in the Azure Portal. Need to track who did what and when

385 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6 comments  ·  Azure Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Telecom Management

It has emerged that one of the areas of concern raised by a client is around functionality to manage mobile data costs which we cannot do in Intune, It would be good to get some feedback from the Intune product group on whether there are plans to include the telecom management in future releases of Intune.

With the exponential growth of mobile devices, organizations need an effective way to track and monitor voice, SMS and data usage. Excessive usage can be a huge cost to organizations, and paying for an under-utilized service plan is wasteful. Monitoring telecom usage as well…

72 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  Silverlight Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am changing this to “started”. We have some of the elements in the new Azure portal, but the end-to-end solution isn’t all there yet. Also, it will only show up if you have a tenant that is on the new Azure back-end. If you create a new trial tenant it should be there, but we will be migrating existing tenants over the next few months.

There is more information about telecom expense management in the docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune-azure/configure-devices/set-up-telecom-expense-management-service-in-microsoft-intune. When we have the full solution, I’ll update the status here.

• Better Management Options for the Managed Browser

1. Push bookmarked pages
            2. Enable/disable the ability to edit bookmarks on a device
            3. Allow and disallow sites from the same profile. For example, I only allow access to certain sites, but I want to blacklist a portion of the site without manually whitelisting everything else available on that site.
            4. Option to disable navigation to microsoft site describing Intune. Our kiosk device users don't need that info.

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Mobile Application Management (MAM)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Ability to deploy Cisco IPSEC VPN support via Intune Hybrid

I have clients that need the ability to deploy the Cisco IPSEC VPN via Intune Hybrid deployment(s). This seems to be the only VPN support that differs between Intune Standalone and Intune Hybrid.

Why is this not available and can it be added?

76 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Hybrid  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Software Publisher requires each action Sign in

When publishing new or editing current applications you're prompted every time to sign in using the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher. This is very annoying. Further I see this item in a broader perspective of improving the Software Publisher including the other user voice items related to this topic.

https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9926370-combine-external-apps-into-one-so-they-can-share
                https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9926388-when-viewing-apps-in-the-list-provide-enough-data
                https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/9919752-intune-software-publishing-app-exe-is-not-working

Hopefully improvements regarding the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher won't be postponed looking ahead the new Microsoft Intune Portal

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Software Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After your tenant has been migrated to the Azure portal, you won’t need to use the Software Publisher to upload iOS or Android apps, but you may still need it for Windows apps for now.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2016/12/07/public-preview-of-intune-on-azure/

I know everyone wants it ASAP, but it will take a few months to migrate everyone. You will be notified when your tenant is ready for use on the new Azure portal. We appreciate your patience.

• Add more iOS configuration policy settings for supervised devices in Intune/SCCM Hybrid

When you create an iOS Configuration policy in intune standalone, you have a whole section dedicated for supervised mode settings.
                  Very few, if any, are available in the intune hybrid solution.

These settings are of great use to all Intune users, not only the ones using the standalone version.

We are eagerly awaiting the show or hide apps feature to make its way to the hybrid-version of Intune.

44 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, @Martin. We added several new policy settings for supervised iOS devices in Configuration Manager 1702 current branch; see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/get-started/capabilities-in-technical-preview-1702#new-compliance-settings-for-ios-devices for a list of settings that we added.

However, we did not include the show/hide apps feature that you specifically mentioned here. Hence, I’m changing this to “started” and not “completed.”

• Control over o365 resources such as exchange online & share point

I am looking for an option to control office 365 resources such as deny access to accessing exchange online mail and share point resources.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Mobile Device Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base